TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

2 posters

Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie?

Poll

What qualities do you use to define a movie as a summer movie?

[ 0 ]
    Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Bar_left0%Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Bar_left0%Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 0
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Empty Re: Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie?

Post by NebulaJack Fri May 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Does it have to be released during a certain time frame? Does it have to have a specific kind of plot? Give some examples of what you think do and do not count as a "summer" movie.

To me it's a blockbuster action popcorn movie. One of those you can turn your mind off and just enjoy. Since these are usually released at Summer, I guess that is part of it as well.

It definitely feels like the movie season's been growing longer over the years. It used to be mostly May through July with a bit of leftovers in August. Then more stuff started getting pushed into August while other stuff opened up in April. Nowadays it feels like it starts in mid to late February/Early March and runs all the way til early to mid September. A decade ago something like Deadpool would have been a july or August release instead of coming out in mid February.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating
    Achieved rank by cheating

Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Empty Re: Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie?

Post by Patch Thu May 05, 2016 3:14 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Does it have to be released during a certain time frame? Does it have to have a specific kind of plot? Give some examples of what you think do and do not count as a "summer" movie.

To me it's a blockbuster action popcorn movie. One of those you can turn your mind off and just enjoy. Since these are usually released at Summer, I guess that is part of it as well.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie? Empty Poll 5-5-16 What is a summer movie?

Post by NebulaJack Thu May 05, 2016 11:35 am

Does it have to be released during a certain time frame? Does it have to have a specific kind of plot? Give some examples of what you think do and do not count as a "summer" movie.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:45 am