TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+6
Abraxas
CobraCommander
James.k.Polk
rkwsuperstar
kegs
Patch
10 posters

New Haunt 5-28

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 Empty Re: New Haunt 5-28

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Patch wrote:Busy day at work. Sounds like y'll have had your hands full too

What have you been up to, Patch?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:13 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Oh I told my boss.  But he's going to be the one getting " a message"

Are you gonna take a dump on his desk?

I think you're gonna take a dump on his desk.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Busy day at work. Sounds like y'll have had your hands full too
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Twenty five dollar gift card given to me by my boss to spend on lunch for my people did not work.  So I paid for the lunch and kept the card know myself.  Turns out the card was never activated or was already emptied before they gave it to me.

This has made me inexplicably sad.  

Tell your boss.  "This card doesn't work.  Are you sending me a message?"

Oh I told my boss. But he's going to be the one getting " a message"
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:34 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Who has time to eat the food, there are so many rides to ride!  And besides, you don't want to eat all that and cotton candy and funnel cake and get on a ride that spins you around.

New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 Kermit-o
    Agreed. But on the brighter side, chances are the rides would kill me before I started up-chucking.

This reminds me; I have to find a pattern for a Kermit the Frog puppet.

Me and Kegs at the carnival
    New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 GsKGH47
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:29 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Twenty five dollar gift card given to me by my boss to spend on lunch for my people did not work.  So I paid for the lunch and kept the card know myself.  Turns out the card was never activated or was already emptied before they gave it to me.

Tell your boss. "This card doesn't work. Are you sending me a message?"
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Twenty five dollar gift card given to me by my boss to spend on lunch for my people did not work. So I paid for the lunch and kept the card know myself. Turns out the card was never activated or was already emptied before they gave it to me.

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:44 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Who has time to eat the food, there are so many rides to ride!  And besides, you don't want to eat all that and cotton candy and funnel cake and get on a ride that spins you around.

New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 Kermit-o
    Agreed. But on the brighter side, chances are the rides would kill me before I started up-chucking.

This reminds me; I have to find a pattern for a Kermit the Frog puppet.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:38 am

James.k.Polk wrote:aaaaand I left a pan on the stove turned on all night.  Just a saucepan I had used to heat a ham steak.  No grease or anything in it so no fire, but the pan is probably going to have to be thrown out...

I'm old...

not that I didn't try.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:52 am

At least you didn't burn the apartment down.

James.k.Polk wrote:aaaaand I left a pan on the stove turned on all night.  Just a saucepan I had used to heat a ham steak.  No grease or anything in it so no fire, but the pan is probably going to have to be thrown out...

I'm old...
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:51 am

aaaaand I left a pan on the stove turned on all night. Just a saucepan I had used to heat a ham steak. No grease or anything in it so no fire, but the pan is probably going to have to be thrown out...

I'm old...
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:20 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Yea, and on the flip side, my other professor is using some sort of specially condensed books, that we could only get through the school's bookstore because they are created for him-3 books, $120 total.  Of course, he also wants us to get a subscription to the wall street journal to help with our research, but we do get a student discount.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:One of my books cost almost $400, and we only had the option of "new."  I've figured out why.  It included a subscription to a website where we complete all of our homework.  We are an online course and the school's website is designed to allow us to do homework and receive our lessons, but this guy chooses to use an outside site.  At least it allows us to check our work, so we know if it's right before we submit it.  

School is now a business on it's own.  They are losing their "rightful" profit stream because students can download PDF file versions of textbooks that they sell for $500 bucks.  So they find a way to make you spend the money anyway.

The rationale is that "hey-- most of this money is coming from Pell grants anyway. we might as well make sure we can soak up every penny the federal government is willing to give these students."

That other professor... you should make him some beer cupcakes.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:18 am

Yea, and on the flip side, my other professor is using some sort of specially condensed books, that we could only get through the school's bookstore because they are created for him-3 books, $120 total. Of course, he also wants us to get a subscription to the wall street journal to help with our research, but we do get a student discount.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:One of my books cost almost $400, and we only had the option of "new."  I've figured out why.  It included a subscription to a website where we complete all of our homework.  We are an online course and the school's website is designed to allow us to do homework and receive our lessons, but this guy chooses to use an outside site.  At least it allows us to check our work, so we know if it's right before we submit it.  

School is now a business on it's own.  They are losing their "rightful" profit stream because students can download PDF file versions of textbooks that they sell for $500 bucks.  So they find a way to make you spend the money anyway.

The rationale is that "hey-- most of this money is coming from Pell grants anyway. we might as well make sure we can soak up every penny the federal government is willing to give these students."
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:15 am

School is now a business on it's own. They are losing their "rightful" profit stream because students can download PDF file versions of textbooks that they sell for $500 bucks. So they find a way to make you spend the money anyway.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:50 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote: Add in deep-fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, and the donut hamburger, your day is complete.  Oh, and a Diet Coke.

I no longer fear the rides at the fairs. I now fear the "food".

Who has time to eat the food, there are so many rides to ride! And besides, you don't want to eat all that and cotton candy and funnel cake and get on a ride that spins you around.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:47 am

One of my books cost almost $400, and we only had the option of "new." I've figured out why. It included a subscription to a website where we complete all of our homework. We are an online course and the school's website is designed to allow us to do homework and receive our lessons, but this guy chooses to use an outside site. At least it allows us to check our work, so we know if it's right before we submit it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:45 am

Definitely more fun than going alone.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I believe the "donut" word applies based on their shape only.  You can probably get this at the state fair this year.  Add in deep-fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, and the donut hamburger, your day is complete.  Oh, and a Diet Coke.

ARKAY!!!

I'm so glad you're here.  I wanted to thank you for going with me to the comic con and the dinner.  Much more fun with a companion.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:How are they donuts aside from the shape?  Looks like just another fried Mac and cheese thing.

I'm not sure, but it's been ages since I've had either Kraft Dinner or Cheetos and the combination just seemed crazy enough to work.

Now I want to send you a care package with 'merican Kraft Mac and cheese and a jumbo bag of crunchy style cheetos.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:45 am

rkwsuperstar wrote: Add in deep-fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, and the donut hamburger, your day is complete.  Oh, and a Diet Coke.

I no longer fear the rides at the fairs. I now fear the "food".
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Now I want to send you a care package with 'merican Kraft Mac and cheese and a jumbo bag of crunchy style cheetos.

Thanks. Besides the name I don't think there's a difference between Kraft Mac and the Canadian version, Kraft Dinner. The reason I haven't had them in a long time has more to do with the health aspects of them than their location.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:I believe the "donut" word applies based on their shape only.  You can probably get this at the state fair this year.  Add in deep-fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, and the donut hamburger, your day is complete.  Oh, and a Diet Coke.

ARKAY!!!

I'm so glad you're here. I wanted to thank you for going with me to the comic con and the dinner. Much more fun with a companion.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:How are they donuts aside from the shape?  Looks like just another fried Mac and cheese thing.

I'm not sure, but it's been ages since I've had either Kraft Dinner or Cheetos and the combination just seemed crazy enough to work.

Now I want to send you a care package with 'merican Kraft Mac and cheese and a jumbo bag of crunchy style cheetos.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:35 am

I believe the "donut" word applies based on their shape only. You can probably get this at the state fair this year. Add in deep-fried butter, chocolate covered bacon, and the donut hamburger, your day is complete. Oh, and a Diet Coke.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    kegs wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:29 am

kegs wrote:

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:13 am

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:59 am

kegs wrote:I really want to try these but I fear they would kill me.

Cheetos Crusted Mac n’ Cheese Doughnuts
    New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 PHOTO1

from http://thevulgarchef.com/

How are they donuts aside from the shape? Looks like just another fried Mac and cheese thing.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 am

I really want to try these but I fear they would kill me.

Cheetos Crusted Mac n’ Cheese Doughnuts
    New Haunt 5-28 - Page 3 PHOTO1

from http://thevulgarchef.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:39 am