TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+6
Abraxas
CobraCommander
James.k.Polk
rkwsuperstar
kegs
Patch
10 posters

New Haunt 5-28

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

New Haunt 5-28 - Page 4 Empty Re: New Haunt 5-28

Post by kegs Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:00 am

Wow Polk, you really deserve a beer after that.
    Sigh. It would seem the smarter the phones get, the stupider the users.
    SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:37 pm

No problem.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:29 pm

SpeedRacer23 wrote:Thats sucks, Polk.

Thanks, Speed. I was hoping to be able to share this aggravation with someone.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:29 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I have come home in a sour mood.

1) Lady yesterday set up a new account and bought an iPhone.  Today she's complaining that she can't receive calls.  45 minutes, exchanging the device for another phone, changing the phone number, calling sales support to see if there is a block on the line...

turns out she had forwarded the calls from her new phone to her business line, which, incidentally, she had dropped in a swimming pool. She literally thought she as forwarding the drowned number to the new phone...

The whole time she's bitching about how long this is taking, how she has't had a good experience with CPMCI, how it's not my fault but still it's and inconvenience... and it was her own damn fault the whole time.

Earlier a guy who had brought his number to CPMCI with the "pay off your contract with the old carrier" offer never got the contract payout.  Turns ot Verizon sent him a bill showing his cancellation fees, but didn't show what phone numbers those fees applied to.  CPCMI declines to pay because they can't see that the fees apply the the lines we now serve...

About an hour trying to fix that one... Had to punt it to an account exec for review.

Another lady brought two tired and very young children with her.  The five year old was spinning the stool that the toddler was sitting on.  Toddler says "faster!" and big sis obliges until toddler sis falls off and bumps her head.  Mom had no interest in their activity until the one started to scream.

Co-manager was sent to work in another store until about 3:00. Arrives back just in time to park her butt and assist with exactly none of the Monday tasks managers have to do.

I think I earned a beer.

Thanks, empty thread, for listening to my rant.

and this weekend was so much fun, makes me angry how quick that happy time just turned to shit.
    SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Thats sucks, Polk.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

1) Lady yesterday set up a new account and bought an iPhone.  Today she's complaining that she can't receive calls.  45 minutes, exchanging the device for another phone, changing the phone number, calling sales support to see if there is a block on the line...

turns out she had forwarded the calls from her new phone to her business line, which, incidentally, she had dropped in a swimming pool. She literally thought she as forwarding the drowned number to the new phone...

The whole time she's bitching about how long this is taking, how she has't had a good experience with CPMCI, how it's not my fault but still it's and inconvenience... and it was her own damn fault the whole time.

Earlier a guy who had brought his number to CPMCI with the "pay off your contract with the old carrier" offer never got the contract payout.  Turns ot Verizon sent him a bill showing his cancellation fees, but didn't show what phone numbers those fees applied to.  CPCMI declines to pay because they can't see that the fees apply the the lines we now serve...

About an hour trying to fix that one... Had to punt it to an account exec for review.

Another lady brought two tired and very young children with her. The five year old was spinning the stool that the toddler was sitting on. Toddler says "faster!" and big sis obliges until toddler sis falls off and bumps her head. Mom had no interest in their activity until the one started to scream.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Earlier a guy who had brought his number to CPMCI with the "pay off your contract with the old carrier" offer never got the contract payout. Turns ot Verizon sent him a bill showing his cancellation fees, but didn't show what phone numbers those fees applied to. CPCMI declines to pay because they can't see that the fees apply the the lines we now serve...

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

New Haunt 5-28 - Page 4 Empty to beer or not to beer?

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:21 pm

I have come home in a sour mood.

1) Lady yesterday set up a new account and bought an iPhone. Today she's complaining that she can't receive calls. 45 minutes, exchanging the device for another phone, changing the phone number, calling sales support to see if there is a block on the line...

SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Really cheesy.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:10 pm

SpeedRacer23 wrote:I watched The Duff last night.
    How was it?
    SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:46 pm

I watched The Duff last night.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Patch wrote:Wish I could have made it. It seems all my hard work this weekend was for nothing.
    I had everything staged to load up this morning. Took the first load to my daughters apartment at 9am the manager informs us it hasn't been cleaned.  So here we are 5 hours later with the same load on the truck and they just told me it will be another hour before it's ready

Clearly that manager doesn't have the same ethics you do about your rental property.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Wish I could have made it. It seems all my hard work this weekend was for nothing.
    I had everything staged to load up this morning. Took the first load to my daughters apartment at 9am the manager informs us it hasn't been cleaned. So here we are 5 hours later with the same load on the truck and they just told me it will be another hour before it's ready
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:33 am

We missed you, Patch, at dinner on Saturday and at the con on Sunday.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:32 am

However, if we come here then we get to see people who don't use Facebook. Such as kegs.

regularstormy wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:so i guess in order to keep up with everyone i'm going to have to come here.

We set this up because the TR haunt isn't getting any action during the week. The FB haunt doesn't have the same feel as the old one. I visit it every day but the casual, stupid conversations we used to spark up just seem like they would annoy others there. Some people (pointing at Kegs Razz ) just don't want to FB but still want to stay in touch.

Not sure this is any better but it was worth a try.

Luke said Gifs might start working on FB comments in the old haunt. So everyone might move back.

I was looking into buying some server space and setting up a better option, with a like system, gifs, chat and so on, but haven't pulled the trigger. It's a couple hundred a year to run and not sure if that would be worth doing for a hangout that gets little traffic.

So to answer you question, I don't know. pirat

^*like*
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun May 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Mornin' guys. I'm off to work soon, and when I get home my two days off start. If I'm not tired, I'll pop in and say hey.

By the way, thanks for the words of encouragement Patch.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 am

Good morning peoples! What a great weekend so far, yesterday I went to a museum, with a friend I hadn't seen for over a year, to see an exhibition that was on its final day. Amazing paintings. I will be heading back, soon, to buy the exhibition catalog; A rather large and damn heavy hard cover book. Too big to be walking downtown with it in my bag. After that we went to our usual pub. Much Guinness was had. We made plans to go see the next exhibit, Rodin, which opened that day and so was rather packed. Then heading home I got caught in the rain, which always seems to happen when we get together. Oh well, still a good day.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat May 30, 2015 11:26 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat May 30, 2015 10:12 pm

[quote="regularstormy"][quote="Patch"]
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:so i guess in order to keep up with everyone i'm going to have to come here.
    the casual, stupid conversations we used to spark up just seem like they would annoy others there.

That was the point of the Haunt. Half the people who joined the group weren't even members of the haunt or even participate on the fb page.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat May 30, 2015 10:05 pm

SpeedRacer23 wrote:Anybody Home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI
    SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Anybody Home?
    regularstormy
    What's a Haunt?
    What's a Haunt?

Post by regularstormy Sat May 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Patch wrote:

We set this up because the TR haunt isn't getting any action during the week. The FB haunt doesn't have the same feel as the old one. I visit it every day but the casual, stupid conversations we used to spark up just seem like they would annoy others there. Some people (pointing at Kegs Razz ) just don't want to FB but still want to stay in touch.

Not sure this is any better but it was worth a try.

Luke said Gifs might start working on FB comments in the old haunt. So everyone might move back.

I was looking into buying some server space and setting up a better option, with a like system, gifs, chat and so on, but haven't pulled the trigger. It's a couple hundred a year to run and not sure if that would be worth doing for a hangout that gets little traffic.

So to answer you question, I don't know. pirat

^*like*
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat May 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Beers with Polk this evening, and maybe Patch? Or maybe we'll see Patch tomorrow?
    SpeedRacer23
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by SpeedRacer23 Sat May 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Morning
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 am

NebulaJack wrote:Evenin' guys. Just got home to find a letter informing me of wage garnishment for an old debt from a few years ago, so my weekend's off to a frustrating start.

That sucks. I had the IRS do that to me back in the 90's. Contract help pays great when you don't put back for taxes Rolling Eyes It took a few years to pay them off.

Just keep waking up every day with a smile buddy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:23 am