TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
kegs
James.k.Polk
6 posters

boo to you.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

boo to you. - Page 3 Empty Re: boo to you.

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:32 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar wrote:My Coworker is telling someone about a party she went to on Saturday, for Halloween, and how much fun she had with her boyfriend.  And all I can think while she's speaking is that she has a shithead, cheating boyfriend.

You could try to tell her anonymously. Having a letter printed out and dropped on her desk that reads "It should be brought to your attention, that [Boyfriend's name] recently attempted to initiate sex with me at a social function." or words to that effect. I know I'd like to know if someone I was dating tried to set something up with another person behind my back.

On another note, I'm trying a different approach with polls this week. Taking a cue from Polk, I'm going with a Thanksgiving Theme, but with the open ended nature of gratitude, having set options feels like the wrong direction. So I'm creating dummy options in the poll field and asking people to post specific and subjective answers in the comments. Let me know what you think.

well, I don't want to tell her.  I know exactly what it will be.  He said/she said, and she will side with the bf.  And I have to work with her.  It sucks already without her believing some tale about her bf and me.  

Hard to drop an anonymous note when I'm only the only single chick besides her, and she knows that I'm friends with the people who had the party.[/quote]

This is the only sensible response. she loves him. She doesn't love you. Therefore anything you say will be seen as an attack, not as helpful or friendly advice. Best to shut up about it and let her learn about him on her own terms.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:My Coworker is telling someone about a party she went to on Saturday, for Halloween, and how much fun she had with her boyfriend.  And all I can think while she's speaking is that she has a shithead, cheating boyfriend.

You could try to tell her anonymously. Having a letter printed out and dropped on her desk that reads "It should be brought to your attention, that [Boyfriend's name] recently attempted to initiate sex with me at a social function." or words to that effect. I know I'd like to know if someone I was dating tried to set something up with another person behind my back.

On another note, I'm trying a different approach with polls this week. Taking a cue from Polk, I'm going with a Thanksgiving Theme, but with the open ended nature of gratitude, having set options feels like the wrong direction. So I'm creating dummy options in the poll field and asking people to post specific and subjective answers in the comments. Let me know what you think.[/quote]

well, I don't want to tell her. I know exactly what it will be. He said/she said, and she will side with the bf. And I have to work with her. It sucks already without her believing some tale about her bf and me.

Hard to drop an anonymous note when I'm only the only single chick besides her, and she knows that I'm friends with the people who had the party.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:41 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Bender theory debunk:

There's occasionally a theory that floats around the Internet that Bender was just a regular robot until he met Fry.  Something about when they try to hide in the Head Museum and Bender accidentally shocks himself while they're barricaded in the basement where the criminal heads are stored. The idea is, I think that the shock reboots Bender's OS and he identifies with whatever is around him.  (This does happen in the episode where Bender becomes a penguin.)

I realized this theory is false a while back but I keep forgetting to mention it to people.

Here's the thing.

On Mother's Day, when the gang visit Mom's Robot Museum, Leela looks at an exhibit called "See through the eyes of a bending unit."  She puts on a set of Bender goggles, and sees everything listed as "rube", "robbery target", and stuff that clearly indicates that all Bender units have criminal mischief programming.

Clearly Mom has endowed all Benders with evil in their R(obot)NA

I feel like the Futurama universe gets so distorted and muddled with time travel, that it's hard to nail anything down as very conclusive. That said, I agree that the theory about Bender being fundamentally changed by the zapping is bunk. His memory of the recent events aren't thrown off or erased. The thing people overlook is that Bender first meets Fry during a transitional moment in his life. He's suffering depression because he just found out what happens to the parts that he works with (as I recall, they're made into suicide booths) and he wants to end it all. He ends up having a wild adventure with this new quirky human guy, and then snaps out of his funk and moves onto a new chapter in life.

James.k.Polk wrote:One more from Futurama:

What if a person had truck-stop worm parasites AND a brain slug at the same time?

Ooooh! That IS a puzzler. I see two possibilities, cohabitation or M.A.D. (Mutually Assured Destruction). Either the worms work out a truce with the brain slug, or they go to war for possession of the host body. In neither case does the person with the creatures attached to it survive. In the case of cohabitation, his or her identity is absorbed and dissolved. What emerges is a new person built on the material of the previous one. It's the thing that Fry was afraid of, but with the added horror of being slaved to a brain slug. If the worms and slug go to war, the body will not survive at all.

James.k.Polk wrote:I'm amazed at how fast retail stores switch gears.  I went into Walmart at 7:30 am yesterday and there were already massive displays of chocolate covered cherries, festive tins of planters nuts,  and Merry Christmas signage on all the aisle ends.  Again  I bemoan the rotten deal myfavorite holiday gets.  Won't somene please think of Thanksgiving?

We need to make an animated Thanksgiving movie, Thanksgiving Pageants, Schmaltzy songs etc. We should also start using the phrase "Annual Bilateral Assault on Thanksgiving". I've had a notion for writing an audiobook that could then be adapted into a text based book and then a movie, where all the scenes take place during Thanksgiving. One of those emotion stirring stories about a father and son who love each other only a little bit more than they hate each other.

Thanksgiving needs to get a leg up!

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I'm amazed at how fast retail stores switch gears.  I went into Walmart at 7:30 am yesterday and there were already massive displays of chocolate covered cherries, festive tins of planters nuts,  and Merry Christmas signage on all the aisle ends.  Again  I bemoan the rotten deal myfavorite holiday gets.  Won't somene please think of Thanksgiving?

Yeah the Halloween channel I was listening to on Sirus started playing Christmas music today. I'm not ready for that yet. My wife did order a smoked turkey this year. It will be the first time in years that I don't make a turkey. I hope it's good. My turkey takes days to prep and is melt in your mouth good. I appreciate her wanting to save me some time.

For me, Ham and Mashed Taters have always been the best parts about Thanksgiving. I love Turkey, but a good glazed ham... ah yeah. Also, a couple years ago back in 2012 I made my first Thanksgiving Turkey. The skin dried out, but otherwise it was pretty good.

On another note, I'm trying a different approach with polls this week. Taking a cue from Polk, I'm going with a Thanksgiving Theme, but with the open ended nature of gratitude, having set options feels like the wrong direction. So I'm creating dummy options in the poll field and asking people to post specific and subjective answers in the comments. Let me know what you think.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:40 pm

My Coworker is telling someone about a party she went to on Saturday, for Halloween, and how much fun she had with her boyfriend. And all I can think while she's speaking is that she has a shithead, cheating boyfriend.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: Gravity Storm

If I remember, this is one of my favorite episodes.

Daily life in the LOTL.  Holly's making clay cooking pots.  The Pacuni are harvesting grapes.  Suddenly gravity turns itself up to 11 and everybody gets mashed into the floor.  Even spike the stegosaurus felt the weight.

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="LgmYURt"><a href="//imgur.com/LgmYURt">I found a gif of the zarn, appreciate the freaky. </a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can someone explain hor to get Imgur to give me the message boards embed version of their images.  This is seriously pissing me off.

Are you not getting BB codes? Also, do you have your "disable bbcode" checked when you put a post?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah the Halloween channel I was listening to on Sirus started playing Christmas music today. I'm not ready for that yet. My wife did order a smoked turkey this year. It will be the first time in years that I don't make a turkey. I hope it's good. My turkey takes days to prep and is melt in your mouth good. I appreciate her wanting to save me some time.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 am

I'm amazed at how fast retail stores switch gears. I went into Walmart at 7:30 am yesterday and there were already massive displays of chocolate covered cherries, festive tins of planters nuts, and Merry Christmas signage on all the aisle ends. Again I bemoan the rotten deal myfavorite holiday gets. Won't somene please think of Thanksgiving?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:35 am

One more from Futurama:

What if a person had truck-stop worm parasites AND a brain slug at the same time?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:34 am

Bender theory debunk:

There's occasionally a theory that floats around the Internet that Bender was just a regular robot until he met Fry. Something about when they try to hide in the Head Museum and Bender accidentally shocks himself while they're barricaded in the basement where the criminal heads are stored. The idea is, I think that the shock reboots Bender's OS and he identifies with whatever is around him. (This does happen in the episode where Bender becomes a penguin.)

I realized this theory is false a while back but I keep forgetting to mention it to people.

Here's the thing.

On Mother's Day, when the gang visit Mom's Robot Museum, Leela looks at an exhibit called "See through the eyes of a bending unit." She puts on a set of Bender goggles, and sees everything listed as "rube", "robbery target", and stuff that clearly indicates that all Bender units have criminal mischief programming.

Clearly Mom has endowed all Benders with evil in their R(obot)NA
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:57 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Daily life in the LOTL.  Holly's making clay cooking pots.  The Pacuni are harvesting grapes.  Suddenly gravity turns itself up to 11 and everybody gets mashed into the floor.  Even spike the stegosaurus felt the weight.

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="LgmYURt"><a href="//imgur.com/LgmYURt">I found a gif of the zarn, appreciate the freaky. </a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can someone explain hor to get Imgur to give me the message boards embed version of their images.  This is seriously pissing me off.

The important thing is to make sure you're linking directly to the image itself, rather than the imgur page that has the image on it with all their other stuff. The url should end with .jpg as the last four characters. When you upload a single image and it give you a page with a url ending with random characters like cK89uD or some crap, just add .jpg to the end of the url, copy and paste into the image embed thing here.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:40 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?

Can someone explain hor to get Imgur to give me the message boards embed version of their images. This is seriously pissing me off.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:37 am

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:35 am

Land of the Lost: Gravity Storm

Daily life in the LOTL. Holly's making clay cooking pots. The Pacuni are harvesting grapes. Suddenly gravity turns itself up to 11 and everybody gets mashed into the floor. Even spike the stegosaurus felt the weight.

WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:16 am

Damnit. I gotta be up in 5 or 6 hours, but I'm not tired yet. Tomorrow I'm working from 11am to 6 or 6:30pm and then hosting a party into the wee hours (with an extra wee hour since it's daylight savings time). I'm gonna be tired as fuck.

On a plus note, I've put up a rare Saturday Poll!

Also, I found this:

boo to you. - Page 3 MV5BMjQzMDk4NzQxN15BMl5BcG5nXkFtZTgwMzgzNDYxNzE@._V1_

Happy Halloween y'all!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Happy Halloween Eve everyone! A new poll is up. And it's go errors!
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Happy Halloween to all of you. Hope you have a spooky time and a great weekend
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:07 am

boo to you. - Page 3 Xhho4o9
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Just got a letter from DHS. Seems that my food stamps have been adjusted again. when I started on 'em last year while unemployed I got 194 a month. After doing my first interim report when I had a job, it went down to 189 a month. At the time I was averaging 18.5 hours a week. That went up to 20.5 hours, and just recently down to 17 hours since I started classes. My new monthly batch of foodies is gonna be 194 again. So, apparently that 1.5 hours of difference means 5 extra dollars.... or it got bumped up because my most recent paycheck got shorted on hours (which my boss is gonna fix). Seems that temporary setback has balanced out nicely.

Also, new poll.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Patch wrote:Morning Ghosts and Ghouls

Supes, I was contemplating getting Starz so I could watch the Evil Dead series, but have held off. I already have HBO and Cinemax. Now that Strike Back has ended, I might dump Cinemax and switch.

Here is your morning scare. The song sounds like something that should have been in that BioShock game.

It could also fit in a Fallout game.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:38 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm sure this is something from a video game or comic book, which is why I have no idea.  But it's cool
    boo to you. - Page 3 DauSQcF

Don't feel too bad, I don't know what that's from either. If it is from a specific game or comic, I've never heard of it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:31 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm sure this is something from a video game or comic book, which is why I have no idea.  But it's cool

Costume price: $350.00
    Makeup and body paint: $250.00
    Walmart flip flops: $7.99

For everything else... There's Mastercard.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm sure this is something from a video game or comic book, which is why I have no idea. But it's cool
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:50 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I felt bad for this lady who was in my store today.  she came in with an old-fashioned non-smart phone she said was having problems.  The phone was probably a 6 year old model.  What I could understand she said was that she had a flip phone and then someone swapped it for this one and she didn't like it. (among other issues-- like a loud screeching sound she said would happen when she made calls)

How long have you had the phone?
    ---I don't know

Okay, well did you get it here?
     ---I don't remember

she could rattle off a list of complaints about it-- the screech, that her hands are basically numb and she therefore cannot slide the slider mechanism to open it, that she needed a lanyard to attach it to her wrist etc and so forth...

We couldn't duplicate any of the problems she was telling us and she kept telling us we were calling her a liar, which we were not.  We simply have to see the issue happen to have any idea how to fix it.  (She just wanted us to replace her phone at our cost without verification of a problem)

I told you all that to tell you this.  I believe she is a crazy old cat lady.  There was a picture of her cats as her phone wallpaper.  And ever since I touched her phone my eyes, face, and scalp have been itching like I am having a histamine attack.  Anyway with this pointless story I am off to take a quick shower.  Hope  it helps.

When a customer service experience is so bad you need to shower afterwards, that's a helluva thing. That's gotta be a new milestone of some kind.

Hope you feel better afterwards.

I might not have explained that I developed an allergy to cat dander after I stopped having a cat of my own.  Every time I go up to my mom's house I'm miserable.  Generally iItake a hotel room when iI need toovernight tto overnight here.

I figured the reaction was from cat allergies, but I couldn't resist a good joke.

Actually I remember now my boss and I went to lunch.  When we drive back from olive garden she spritzed herself with cheapo perfume.  When I told her that perfumes bother me she sprayed my arm.  That's probably the real cause if the irritation.

Maybe both?  Also, would you really be fixing or replacing her phone for free?  6 years old would be out of whatever warranty she had.

Our device protection plan allows for replacement even after manufacturers warranty runs out. After about 18 months the premiums start to get close to the price of a replacement anyways. Especially for a phone that probably cost $175.00 brand new five years ago
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:33 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I felt bad for this lady who was in my store today.  she came in with an old-fashioned non-smart phone she said was having problems.  The phone was probably a 6 year old model.  What I could understand she said was that she had a flip phone and then someone swapped it for this one and she didn't like it. (among other issues-- like a loud screeching sound she said would happen when she made calls)

How long have you had the phone?
    ---I don't know

Okay, well did you get it here?
     ---I don't remember

she could rattle off a list of complaints about it-- the screech, that her hands are basically numb and she therefore cannot slide the slider mechanism to open it, that she needed a lanyard to attach it to her wrist etc and so forth...

We couldn't duplicate any of the problems she was telling us and she kept telling us we were calling her a liar, which we were not.  We simply have to see the issue happen to have any idea how to fix it.  (She just wanted us to replace her phone at our cost without verification of a problem)

I told you all that to tell you this.  I believe she is a crazy old cat lady.  There was a picture of her cats as her phone wallpaper.  And ever since I touched her phone my eyes, face, and scalp have been itching like I am having a histamine attack.  Anyway with this pointless story I am off to take a quick shower.  Hope  it helps.

When a customer service experience is so bad you need to shower afterwards, that's a helluva thing. That's gotta be a new milestone of some kind.

Hope you feel better afterwards.

I might not have explained that I developed an allergy to cat dander after I stopped having a cat of my own.  Every time I go up to my mom's house I'm miserable.  Generally iItake a hotel room when iI need toovernight tto overnight here.

I figured the reaction was from cat allergies, but I couldn't resist a good joke.

Actually I remember now my boss and I went to lunch.  When we drive back from olive garden she spritzed herself with cheapo perfume.  When I told her that perfumes bother me she sprayed my arm.  That's probably the real cause if the irritation.

Maybe both? Also, would you really be fixing or replacing her phone for free? 6 years old would be out of whatever warranty she had.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:32 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good evening children. haven't been around much lately due to things being hectic with both jobs, on top of getting ready for Halloween. I hope everyone is happy, well and getting laid and enjoying and making the most of life the best we can.

I'm achieving 3/4 of that list of hopes. That's good right?

Yea, I'm not achieving everything on this list, but the "making the most of life best I can" sort of figures into that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:24 pm