TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
Sleverin
James.k.Polk
NebulaJack
7 posters

The New Year Approaches.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 Empty Re: The New Year Approaches.

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:17 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I can talk shit about Gallen all day. No ne d to apologize.

Only thing is I might be sleeping for a bit.

I feel sorry for people who are just miserable all the time.  Not sorry enough to sympathize, though.

Speaking of miserable... I forgot my phone in my car. It's downstairs and I just hurt too much to want to go down and retrieve it. The new pill seems to take an edge off. Doc Bindner said I can take Tylenol too. And I can generally walk more successfully with shoes on. Putting the shoes on, however...
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:08 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I really believe that he lives in his moms basement. She brings him poptarts and Juice boxes and tells him what a smart boy he is. There is a real psychological pathology at work there.

Or a bunker with a tinfoil hat on while his mother brings him Juice boxes.

He probably calls it his Fortress of Solitude. Or possibly his BatCave.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:05 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I feel sorry for people who are just miserable all the time.  Not sorry enough to sympathize, though.

Last edited by rkwsuperstar on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:55 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I really believe that he lives in his moms basement. She brings him poptarts and Juice boxes and tells him what a smart boy he is. There is a real psychological pathology at work there.

Or a bunker with a tinfoil hat on while his mother brings him Juice boxes.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:51 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Because I refuse to rise to his bait on the site, I would like to just take a moment here and say that I am so freaking sick of Gallen and his TFA opinions.  Quit stating that Rey is a Mary Sue and that feminists should be outraged.  She is not a Mary Sue and I believe that if her character were a man and not a woman, he wouldn't have a problem with...whatever the hell he has a problem with.  I guess her knowing about ship systems, which totally doesn't make sense since her livelihood thrives on that knowledge.  And knowing how to defend herself well, because that's not needed when you live on a planet of scavengers.  If you don't like the movie, fine.  But quit telling me that because I like it, I clearly lack imagination.

Gallen... Either you refute his bullshit arguments, thereby convincing him he's righter and cleverer than you, or you ignore him, thereby convincing him he's righter and cleverer than you.

Generally, I don't pay attention to him.  Who cares what his opinion is.  But I'm not in a great mood today and then he posted something ridiculous completely unrelated to the initial post, and it pissed me off.  I apologize to you here, but I needed to vent a little and I was not going to engage him.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:47 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Because I refuse to rise to his bait on the site, I would like to just take a moment here and say that I am so freaking sick of Gallen and his TFA opinions.  Quit stating that Rey is a Mary Sue and that feminists should be outraged.  She is not a Mary Sue and I believe that if her character were a man and not a woman, he wouldn't have a problem with...whatever the hell he has a problem with.  I guess her knowing about ship systems, which totally doesn't make sense since her livelihood thrives on that knowledge.  And knowing how to defend herself well, because that's not needed when you live on a planet of scavengers.  If you don't like the movie, fine.  But quit telling me that because I like it, I clearly lack imagination.

Gallen... Either you refute his bullshit arguments, thereby convincing him he's righter and cleverer than you, or you ignore him, thereby convincing him he's righter and cleverer than you.

Generally, I don't pay attention to him. Who cares what his opinion is. But I'm not in a great mood today and then he posted something ridiculous completely unrelated to the initial post, and it pissed me off. I apologize to you here, but I needed to vent a little and I was not going to engage him.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:25 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:

He's a pain in the ass. I noticed Polk mentioned he was on a rant when it came out. I didn't check that out because of the holidays. Today I see he's still ranting. Such a tool...or troll in this case.

I posted a review (sort of review-more of a "response to an article") and that's it.  I didn't say one way or the other my opinion on the movie or the article.  Then he posts his dumb rant.  I don't respond.  Now, he has a post of his own stating that he does in fact LIKE the movie.  It's just not great and is equal to the prequels.  So, in addition to being a loud-mouthed know-it-all, he also has no ACTUAL opinion.  

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:19 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:14 pm

kegs wrote:

It's times like this that I wish I was on facebook and it's times like this that I'm glad I'm not.

Also, you lack imagination only if you liked the Jarjar series.

Yea, I like discussing things and getting someone else's point of view, but in his case, he's only interested in telling you why you are wrong.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Patch wrote:

He's a pain in the ass. I noticed Polk mentioned he was on a rant when it came out. I didn't check that out because of the holidays. Today I see he's still ranting. Such a tool...or troll in this case.

I posted a review (sort of review-more of a "response to an article") and that's it. I didn't say one way or the other my opinion on the movie or the article. Then he posts his dumb rant. I don't respond. Now, he has a post of his own stating that he does in fact LIKE the movie. It's just not great and is equal to the prequels. So, in addition to being a loud-mouthed know-it-all, he also has no ACTUAL opinion.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:35 pm

It's times like this that I wish I was on facebook and it's times like this that I'm glad I'm not.

Also, you lack imagination only if you liked the Jarjar series.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:19 am

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:As an update, I'd like to point out that I have decided to suck up my pride and get in to my doctor's office this morning and have him look at the ankle/Achilles area.

When you can't sleep and night and getting up to go to the bathroom means j
    Hop-limping to the toilet, it's time for professional attention.

Wish me luck.

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 Good-Luck-Were-All-Counting-on-You

Good luck.

Thanks. And don't call me Shirley.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 am

Because I refuse to rise to his bait on the site, I would like to just take a moment here and say that I am so freaking sick of Gallen and his TFA opinions. Quit stating that Rey is a Mary Sue and that feminists should be outraged. She is not a Mary Sue and I believe that if her character were a man and not a woman, he wouldn't have a problem with...whatever the hell he has a problem with. I guess her knowing about ship systems, which totally doesn't make sense since her livelihood thrives on that knowledge. And knowing how to defend herself well, because that's not needed when you live on a planet of scavengers. If you don't like the movie, fine. But quit telling me that because I like it, I clearly lack imagination.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:41 am

kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I'd give my left testicle for one of Ozne's percocet tablets right now.

We can work something out.

Trading drugs for testicles.  This is probably how Trucknutz were invented.

I believe trucknutz were invented by men with small packages, and trying to compensate.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:34 am

James.k.Polk wrote:As an update, I'd like to point out that I have decided to suck up my pride and get in to my doctor's office this morning and have him look at the ankle/Achilles area.

Wish me luck.

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 Good-Luck-Were-All-Counting-on-You

Good luck.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:09 am

As an update, I'd like to point out that I have decided to suck up my pride and get in to my doctor's office this morning and have him look at the ankle/Achilles area.

Wish me luck.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:01 am

James.k.Polk wrote:I'd give my left testicle for one of Ozne's percocet tablets right now.

Trading drugs for testicles. This is probably how Trucknutz were invented.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 pm

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:33 pm

I'd give my left testicle for one of Ozne's percocet tablets right now.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Polk may let you crash on his...couch?  Does he have a couch?  Recliner?  Anyway, I bet he'd love to have sleepover with you.

I looked up flights June 3-5. Jack's flight is running $320 round trip. Gonzo $350. Flying out Friday and return Sunday. I have had a lot of luck getting cheap hotels around the airport on Priceline. If Timely wouldn't get jealous they could bunk together and we could handle the driving duties to get them around.

$350 isn't bad, but still a little steep atm.

Alternatively, you could rent a car and drive down. Would be way cheaper than flying if you could handle the drive on your own.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Polk may let you crash on his...couch?  Does he have a couch?  Recliner?  Anyway, I bet he'd love to have sleepover with you.

I looked up flights June 3-5. Jack's flight is running $320 round trip. Gonzo $350. Flying out Friday and return Sunday. I have had a lot of luck getting cheap hotels around the airport on Priceline. If Timely wouldn't get jealous they could bunk together and we could handle the driving duties to get them around.

$350 isn't bad, but still a little steep atm.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:34 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    My mom never watched this one.  My grandmother did, and that's the only reason I recognize the Patch guy.  I looked the other 2 names up, assuming they were also on the show.

Y&R + General Hospital fan here.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:04 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:I could go for Old Nick Fury. I'd just need an eye patch

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 MuD5BTg

Or I could grow some mutton chops and get some fake claws

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 T5fnWhC

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 Days-o10

RKW can be Kayla and POLK and go as STEFANO DIMERA

I love that you know soap opera characters.

Are you kidding? Everyone's mother watched that show religiously back in the day. Also Years and years ago when I was a young and spry Gonzo I dated a girl in a pop punk band called Stefano Dimera.

My mom never watched this one. My grandmother did, and that's the only reason I recognize the Patch guy. I looked the other 2 names up, assuming they were also on the show.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:17 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:I could go for Old Nick Fury. I'd just need an eye patch

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 MuD5BTg

Or I could grow some mutton chops and get some fake claws

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 T5fnWhC

The New Year Approaches. - Page 15 Days-o10

RKW can be Kayla and POLK and go as STEFANO DIMERA

I love that you know soap opera characters.

Are you kidding? Everyone's mother watched that show religiously back in the day. Also Years and years ago when I was a young and spry Gonzo I dated a girl in a pop punk band called Stefano Dimera.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:38 am