TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
Sleverin
James.k.Polk
NebulaJack
7 posters

The New Year Approaches.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

The New Year Approaches. - Page 3 Empty Re: The New Year Approaches.

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:56 pm

Woah, woah, woah, friends, I am not sad. I am actually fine with it. Things happen. Things don't happen. That's life. Right now I am just focusing on being happy with myself. Besides, life is wacky and you never know what/who is waiting around the corner.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Patch wrote:Supes If you have Starz look for a movie called Extinction  It has Jack From Lost and Micheal From Burn Notice at the end of the world. '

It starts with them on a bus being evacuated. The bus in front stops and you see shooting. They are with a woman and baby and start to scramble to get to her as zombies on the first bus start to attack.  It goes south and then flashed forward 9 years. They both live across from each other and haven't spoken in years. It's really good as their issues unfold, and the zombies, return. Lots of jump scares and a much better than average zombie movie.

That sounds good. I'll have to look for it, record it. I have 2 more weeks of this semester, and then a week's break before spring semester starts, so I'm hoping I can catch up on some stuff that week. These next 2 weeks are going to suck-2 projects due this week, one due next week, and finals next week.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Supes If you have Starz look for a movie called Extinction It has Jack From Lost and Micheal From Burn Notice at the end of the world. '

It starts with them on a bus being evacuated. The bus in front stops and you see shooting. They are with a woman and baby and start to scramble to get to her as zombies on the first bus start to attack. It goes south and then flashed forward 9 years. They both live across from each other and haven't spoken in years. It's really good as their issues unfold, and the zombies, return. Lots of jump scares and a much better than average zombie movie.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:25 am

It gets downright depressing here when I'm gone.

Houston still sucks but it was a good trip for the job. I didn't get much sleep while I was there and not much here once I got back, so now I'm sick. I hate being sick. I did buy one of those Yeti cups on the way home. I've been thinking about buying one for a while, but didn't think it would be worth it. I'm glad I did. I drink lots of ice water and this keep it cold around the clock. I'll be buying some more for the rest if the family.

I wish I could offer some helpful relationship advice, but after reading Polk's and Gonzo's posts, it sounds like both of your minds are made up. So it's not likely to change.

I have mentioned this before. The only thing you really have at the end of your life is memories and regrets, It's up to you to decide which you'll have more of.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:45 pm

I *might* have made a big mistake.

I noticed that my older brother has a facebook account. (He was replying to a picture my niece posted.) So I sent him a friend request. Really I was just amazed that he even had facebook-- last I talked to him he seemed baffled by the idea of email.

So now I am friends with my older brother on facebook.

And all of his posts are things like "Isn't this a wonderful day the Lord gave us?

And I am a little weirded out by that. Hardly anyone in my family is the least bit religious. I guess he seemed happier at Thanksgiving and Christmas, so there is that.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:35 am

I'll be sad with y'all.
    I saw a guy today that I actually looked twice at. Of course, he was with his wife and 3 kids so, so much for that.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:As if in punishment for me admitting that I sometimes glance longingly at Cute Waitress, now the waitresses everywhere I go are acting strangely cool and aloof when I'm dining.  Like not checking on me,  not refilling my drink. I swear I don't glare or ogle. Most of the time I'm looking at my ipad...

Sigh.

Also Suzanne at Genghis Grill apparently quit.  She was always nice to me and I always tipped well.

I ratted you out.

See how you are?

Anyway I'm feeling a little blue myself. Where you at least had a plan to woo the girl you like, I don't even have the courage to put myself on the market.  Sometimes I'm OK like that.  Sometimes I feel a little lonesome.

Haha. Not really. I was just going to be like "here, I made this for you." Which would have ended up an awkward disaster. You just need to put some big boy pants on and get out there. BE AN AWKWARD DISASTER WITH ME, POLK.

All my pants are big boy pants.

I have determined that I cannot make a meaningful connection to a woman. I could and probably will go on an old man rant about a situation at work today. I have a woman who works for me who challenges me on every damn thing. I finally had it out with her and told her I am going to send her to another store to work.

Today she was hounding me to come help her because she was helping a customer do an insurance claim for a phone. The picture on the insurance website didn't match the phone she was claiming. She shuts down and insists I come look. All she had to do was call the god damn insurance company and ask them what was up. Instead she asked me three times to stop helping my own customer and come look. Then got mad because she says "its YOUR JOB" to fix any and all problems.

Bitch.

If you can't fix problems why do you deserve to work here?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:46 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:As if in punishment for me admitting that I sometimes glance longingly at Cute Waitress, now the waitresses everywhere I go are acting strangely cool and aloof when I'm dining.  Like not checking on me,  not refilling my drink. I swear I don't glare or ogle. Most of the time I'm looking at my ipad...

Sigh.

Also Suzanne at Genghis Grill apparently quit.  She was always nice to me and I always tipped well.

I ratted you out.

See how you are?

Anyway I'm feeling a little blue myself. Where you at least had a plan to woo the girl you like, I don't even have the courage to put myself on the market.  Sometimes I'm OK like that.  Sometimes I feel a little lonesome.

Haha. Not really. I was just going to be like "here, I made this for you." Which would have ended up an awkward disaster. You just need to put some big boy pants on and get out there. BE AN AWKWARD DISASTER WITH ME, POLK.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Sigh.

I ratted you out.

See how you are?

Anyway I'm feeling a little blue myself. Where you at least had a plan to woo the girl you like, I don't even have the courage to put myself on the market. Sometimes I'm OK like that. Sometimes I feel a little lonesome.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Sigh.

I ratted you out.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Sigh.

It's all in your head. Or maybe they're all playing hard to get. You go get'em! (Also, get your head out of your ipad and smile at them every once in a while. But not in a weird "I'm wondering how you'd look in leather" smile. A nice friendly smile.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:27 am

As if in punishment for me admitting that I sometimes glance longingly at Cute Waitress, now the waitresses everywhere I go are acting strangely cool and aloof when I'm dining. Like not checking on me, not refilling my drink. I swear I don't glare or ogle. Most of the time I'm looking at my ipad...

Sigh.

Also Suzanne at Genghis Grill apparently quit. She was always nice to me and I always tipped well.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:07 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:So today Simone calls me up and tells me to meet her for lunch because she is super excited and has something she wants to talk to me about. So I go and she tells me this Saturday she is going on a double date with a friend and one of her friends and how she is all excited, yada yada. Part of me is bummed, but the other part is like we are just friends and I have a stupid crush and I just need to get over it. I've been working on a kick ass Valentines Day gift for her as well. Now I think I'll just throw it in the trash.

I'm sorry to hear that boss.  I'll never understand how men and women ever connect.  

On the one hand,  maybe she doesn't know you have a crush on her.  In that case it is on you to say something like  "since you're in a dating mood,  I'd like a shot..."on the other hand,  if she does know you have a crush on her,  she might be telling you this to see if you have the courage to intervene.  

Or she could just be cruel.  Or clueless.

What you need is a mutual friend to act as a go between.  Someone to pass the "I like you.  Do you like me?  Circle one Yes No."  notes between the two of you.

Gonzo, Let me say that you working on a Valentine for her is adorable. (and this is from someone who thinks the holiday is ridiculous)
    Also, why did she want you to go to lunch with her for her to tell you...why not over the phone or in a message?  I wonder, too, if she wanted to see your face, to see if you appeared disappointed or would confess your own feelings.  But...since she seemed excited and not worrying about whether or not to go, or asking your opinion, I could be way off.  I agree with Polk-it might be good to find a go-between who can keep a secret.  Tell this person you are interested and ask him or her to find out how Simone feels without tipping her off that you are interested.  

My instincts are telling me to just leave it alone. If she's dating and all, obviously she doesn't see me like that, and no use ruining a friendship. It bums me out though, but whatever.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Did my first mid term test today. It went well. That's pretty much it.

By the way, my heart goes out to you Gonzo. I wish I knew good words of comfort.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:44 pm

@Gonzo

You're in a tough spot. I've been there too many times and I hate to be the pessimist, but you're a good 90% chance fucked. I've had women do this to me before (though usually they DO just tell you over the phone) and its well...for me its been 100% a bad sign. And I've also tried the Valentine (or other) project and that also didn't work. A lot of women say its very sweet and think its nice of you to try, but those kinds of moves are best left after your relationship is established past friend and probably the first 3-5 dates. Its good to be in the habit of thinking about something like that, but those are best done as "down the road" moves. A lot of women (at least in my experience) have accepted the gift and usually drop the whole thing there. Some of the more daffy ones will think that you can keep a friendly relationship while also babbling about their boyfriend. They're wrong. It just fosters negative feelings and poisons the friendship.

Now, she may have wanted to see you in person because she thinks of you as a friend and that she wanted to enjoy a nice lunch while explaining her good news. Pretty standard. If there's anything I've learned from failing a lot of times, women will put out signals and I (or you) may have just been too daft to see it. The same applies the other way. Biggest question: outside of the "friendly hug" (you know what kind of hug that is...) has she tried to touch you in any way? That's the biggest sign that a woman is interested and, the same goes the other way. Even if its a friendly punch in the shoulder, anything but the friendly hug, would indicate something. Physical contact from you shows a sign of interest and women (according to data I've heard rattled off at me) pick up on that as a sign of confidence coming from you.

Worst Case Scenario: she ends up liking this guy a lot, you get jealous, whole thing turns sour. Actually, no wait. She will use you as a crying pillow asking where all the good men are. That's the worst.
    Neutral scenario: she doesn't end up liking the guy and continues to see you as a friend. Unless she gives you some solid signals, its friend zone for the time being. Not great, but better than being resentful and angry.
    Best scenario: She hates the guy and you somehow get it across that you like her, resulting in dates and possibly a relationship. I'm going to disagree in a way here with RK and state that you should not give her the Valentine project until after there is a solid base. She will definitely love it at that point and will really appreciate the effort. Even if its Valentine themed, find a way to explain to her why you kept it tucked away. If you give it to her outright she may just shut down. Women like confidence but a project or craft can be a little much too early on.

Long post I know but I'm trying to be helpful. I was in these positions a million times and had to learn the hard way not to be a bitter person. It sucked balls but I'm glad I learned.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:39 pm

Patch wrote:Well it figures. I mention no sooner mention not  going to Hooters and out customer invites us to dinner.  Guess where.?
    Beers still cold. Food hasn't arrived and  if I'm being honest. There isn't a waitress here that would be worth walking through the door. Free food so there is that.

That's part of the problem. Young women who are willing to flaunt their bodies for cash are usually interested in a higher paying version of that job-- like strip clubs.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:00 pm

Well it figures. I mention no sooner mention not going to Hooters and out customer invites us to dinner. Guess where.?
    Beers still cold. Food hasn't arrived and if I'm being honest. There isn't a waitress here that would be worth walking through the door. Free food so there is that.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:00 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:I'm at lunch at No Frills Grill. On the sports television here they seem to be showing alpine ice skating. Like ice skating racing up and down hills and jumps and things. It's like motocross on ice skates.

People are weird.

I'd be into it. (as in watching it. Not doing it.)
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm at lunch at No Frills Grill. On the sports television here they seem to be showing alpine ice skating. Like ice skating racing up and down hills and jumps and things. It's like motocross on ice skates.

People are weird.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:11 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:So today Simone calls me up and tells me to meet her for lunch because she is super excited and has something she wants to talk to me about. So I go and she tells me this Saturday she is going on a double date with a friend and one of her friends and how she is all excited, yada yada. Part of me is bummed, but the other part is like we are just friends and I have a stupid crush and I just need to get over it. I've been working on a kick ass Valentines Day gift for her as well. Now I think I'll just throw it in the trash.

I'm sorry to hear that boss.  I'll never understand how men and women ever connect.  

On the one hand,  maybe she doesn't know you have a crush on her.  In that case it is on you to say something like  "since you're in a dating mood,  I'd like a shot..."on the other hand,  if she does know you have a crush on her,  she might be telling you this to see if you have the courage to intervene.  

Or she could just be cruel.  Or clueless.

What you need is a mutual friend to act as a go between.  Someone to pass the "I like you.  Do you like me?  Circle one Yes No."  notes between the two of you.

Gonzo, Let me say that you working on a Valentine for her is adorable. (and this is from someone who thinks the holiday is ridiculous)
    Also, why did she want you to go to lunch with her for her to tell you...why not over the phone or in a message? I wonder, too, if she wanted to see your face, to see if you appeared disappointed or would confess your own feelings. But...since she seemed excited and not worrying about whether or not to go, or asking your opinion, I could be way off. I agree with Polk-it might be good to find a go-between who can keep a secret. Tell this person you are interested and ask him or her to find out how Simone feels without tipping her off that you are interested.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:22 am

I'm sorry to hear that boss. I'll never understand how men and women ever connect.

On the one hand, maybe she doesn't know you have a crush on her. In that case it is on you to say something like "since you're in a dating mood, I'd like a shot..."on the other hand, if she does know you have a crush on her, she might be telling you this to see if you have the courage to intervene.

Or she could just be cruel. Or clueless.

What you need is a mutual friend to act as a go between. Someone to pass the "I like you. Do you like me? Circle one Yes No." notes between the two of you.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:18 am

So today Simone calls me up and tells me to meet her for lunch because she is super excited and has something she wants to talk to me about. So I go and she tells me this Saturday she is going on a double date with a friend and one of her friends and how she is all excited, yada yada. Part of me is bummed, but the other part is like we are just friends and I have a stupid crush and I just need to get over it. I've been working on a kick ass Valentines Day gift for her as well. Now I think I'll just throw it in the trash.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:52 am

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I'm gone for a day and when I return you people are talking about drugs, blue plants and ogling a waitress.

FYI I paid fifty bucks for a haircut last week. I went to the place where the cute girl offers you s beer, then cuts your hair, then give you a neck massage and a hot towel.  She asked did I want a facial. Then she spent ten minutes rubbing coconut scented stuff on my face. I was surprised how much the face thing cost, but did not argue. She did a good job.

I tell you this by way of illuminating the waitress ogling thing.

Now I'm picturing you in a barber chair drinking a beer full of stray hair cuttings.

Yeah I never take the beer. If there's a wait, though, you can drink a beer while you are waiting your turn. I'm usually getting my hair cut during a lunch break at work, so I never partake.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I'm gone for a day and when I return you people are talking about drugs, blue plants and ogling a waitress.

FYI I paid fifty bucks for a haircut last week. I went to the place where the cute girl offers you s beer, then cuts your hair, then give you a neck massage and a hot towel.  She asked did I want a facial. Then she spent ten minutes rubbing coconut scented stuff on my face. I was surprised how much the face thing cost, but did not argue. She did a good job.

I tell you this by way of illuminating the waitress ogling thing.

Now I'm picturing you in a barber chair drinking a beer full of stray hair cuttings.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 am

Patch wrote:Off to Houston for a few days   Hopefully it's not as bad as I imagine it will be.  
    Got your gift jack. Thanks. Never read them but always wanted to. Polk, I'll get yours over to you soon.  Then beers and waitress watching. Lol.

I'm certainly ready for another beer and wings session. Life has become drab and uneventful. I need to shake things up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:40 am