TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 11 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:32 am

I think I shall like to make some kind of barbecue chicken wings for dinner tonight. That ought to entertain me on my day off.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 11 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by NebulaJack Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:55 am

I decided earlier this year to start doing a podcast, and a serialized audiobook. I just started talking to someone on facebook that I met at a gallery opening last year about commissioning a theme song for 350. It would be a good way to make sure that I don't back on myself. Once that money's spent, I gotta get something in return for it.

So, with this in mind, anyone who wants to get some voice acting credits for a post cast or audiobook, let me know.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Also, imagine patch having sweaty old people sex in his hotel room right now. VALENTINES DAY IS RUINED. sunny

You know you think about me having old people sex more often than not, perv.

I've already written the fanfic and sold the rights to showtime.

Duuuude... that's low. You're saying that Patch isn't good enough for Skinimax!

Not NOT good enough, too OLD. Besides, he burns my biscuits all the time. LET ME HAVE THIS.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:11 am

Patch wrote:

Also, imagine patch having sweaty old people sex in his hotel room right now. VALENTINES DAY IS RUINED. sunny

Duuuude... that's low. You're saying that Patch isn't good enough for Skinimax!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 am

I had a moment've awesomeness at a barcade called Level Up tonight.

So after seeing Deadpool with my roommate and some friends for his birthday (great love story by the way), we went to get drunk and play some games. One of the games me 'n' Nate tried was Super Contra for the NES and it's bloody brutal. The Konami code doesn't even work on it.

After awhile, we moved over to another system and started playing Golden Eye, because Marian (My room mate Eric's sister) hadn't played it before that she could recall. The Super Contra game was still running so two hotties sat down and started playing. One of em asked if any of us knew the extra lives code. I stepped up and tried again. No dice. So I went to take a piss and then I aksed the bartender if they had classic Contra. They did, that is to say that they do. So he swapped it out, and I put the code in and got it right on the first try!

The hotties were most pleased.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Patch wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Patch wrote:

<<like button>>
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:17 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm

New poll's up. I'm going for a non-holiday oriented theme this week. Basic match ups of fictional characters.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:46 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I honestly don't really have any good Valentine's memories to share.  I was never very popular with the boys, and the random times I did have a boyfriend, it was usually not around V-Day. There was one bf who insisted we go out, regardless of the fact I didn't want to.  Two hours just to be seated at Chili's, when we got back to his apartment, he made me wait outside on the porch (in the freezing rain) while he went in to light candles.  I was not in a very romantical mood by the time he let me in to give me a stupid stuffed bear holding a heart and a heart-shaped box of candy that I didn't eat.

But I do look forward to the 1/2 price peanut butter cups tomorrow  

Cold blooded....Cold blooded..As clumsy as it may have been, at least he did SOMETHING..

RKW is a terrible person.

TURRIBLE.

Yah, but we're all jerks. You...me...this jerk.

I'm not a jerk. I'm a wanker.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:32 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I honestly don't really have any good Valentine's memories to share.  I was never very popular with the boys, and the random times I did have a boyfriend, it was usually not around V-Day. There was one bf who insisted we go out, regardless of the fact I didn't want to.  Two hours just to be seated at Chili's, when we got back to his apartment, he made me wait outside on the porch (in the freezing rain) while he went in to light candles.  I was not in a very romantical mood by the time he let me in to give me a stupid stuffed bear holding a heart and a heart-shaped box of candy that I didn't eat.

Cold blooded....Cold blooded..As clumsy as it may have been, at least he did SOMETHING..

TURRIBLE.

not me. I'm awesome.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 am

TURRIBLE.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:33 am

TURRIBLE.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:42 pm

I honestly don't really have any good Valentine's memories to share. I was never very popular with the boys, and the random times I did have a boyfriend, it was usually not around V-Day. There was one bf who insisted we go out, regardless of the fact I didn't want to. Two hours just to be seated at Chili's, when we got back to his apartment, he made me wait outside on the porch (in the freezing rain) while he went in to light candles. I was not in a very romantical mood by the time he let me in to give me a stupid stuffed bear holding a heart and a heart-shaped box of candy that I didn't eat.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:32 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I don't hate Valentines Day or people who practice it. It's just another corporate Holiday and an excuse for people to buy shit. I don't hate people who get to spend it with someone, but at the same time I feel like you are with someone all the time, why wait till a certain government mandated day to go out and buy a bunch of generic shit to show them you care. You should do that shit on the regular anyway and not just once a year on a certain day. I've always been the make my own Valentines gifts person. This has worked in my favor and backfired in my face as well. There is nothing like putting the thought and effort into creating something for someone only to have them not appreciate it.

The last Valentines day I remember was with my ex when I was 26. Candles, wine, and we listened to the Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness album in the background and just talked for hours. It was fantastic. After her and I broke up I kind of went of the rails for a bit. We were together for almost four years. It was brutal and I did not take it well at the end.

Valentines isn't really a corporate holiday, so much as a corporate hijacked holiday, like Christmas. The thing started out as a feast for some Catholic Martyr, and morphed into a day for romantic love to be celebrated, mostly by the lovers themselves. Guys writing poetry to their gals (or probably to other guys on the extreme down low) goes back to at least the 1700s. Somewhere along the way, much like with Christmas and Independence Day, the merchandizer asshole crowds repurposed it as another money making venue.

I'm with you on the spontaneous romance thing. Back when I was dating an older woman in Stillwater (like, older enough that her son was 3 months older than me), she took an online course to get a CPA degree so she could look for a new job. It was really doing her head in, mostly because of how time consuming it was. The day she finally took the test, which was at a specific site so it could be proctored, I was gonna be at work when she got home, but I wanted to give her a boost of emotion when she got back from doing the test. So I printed out a note that read "Open the door and look to your right" and taped it to the front door with a rose. Inside the apartment was a series of printouts with romantically themed comic covers from DC Vertigo's Lucifer series (which I was a big fan of at the time) where he was embracing his lover, and directions to the next note. The final note was on our bed with a paragraph about how proud I was of her for putting os much time and effort into the endeavor, and that win or lose, she'd tried which was a form of victory in itself.

When I got home that night, she was so radiant and glowing.

That night was far more romantic than any valentines day what not I've ever had.

Agreed. I'll never forget that night for as long as I live. Sitting on the floor in the candle light with the music in the background and just being there with her in her room and listening to her voice and her laugh, it felt like nothing else mattered in the world. It was magic...I still have the valentine she made me that year framed on the wall and no matter where I'm at, I can always look at that and remember that at one point in my life I had something incredible.  I am thankful for it.

Somehow, it seems appropriate that venting about the lameness of Valentines Day would bring out the sentimental side of you Gonz. Seriously though, that's a great story and I'm glad you shared it.

If any of you mention this conversation I will find you.........

So that's "Imagine a guy who I don't have any idea what he looks like, banging his wife, who I also have no idea what she looks like." Naw, I'm gonna imagine Nick Fury knocking off a piece of Madame Hydra. Valentines Day is all the sweeter now.

A little like the Trivago guy
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:46 pm

I am off to work the night shift in the snow. I'm sure it will be chaos. Also thinking about all the couples out there cuddled up looking at the snow on valentines day and while I like to pretend that I am Oscar the Grouch and hate everything, secretly on the inside it's nice to think that on nights like tonight, even if it is a shitty fraud of a "holiday" that there is a little less hate and a little more love out there in the world. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go deal with pieces of shit trying to buy discount chocolate and gifts.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:38 pm

I remembered that Taco Bueno has an snit Valentine's Day special today.

Half price combo meal. Bean burrito, taco, and a sort of fry bread taco lus a drink for about three fiddy.

Yay for being a loner!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:35 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Ever so often, I feel like the "Gallen Dugall is an insufferable twat waffle" jokes are a dead horse that's been shorn clean of any further point in repeating. Then he posts something nutty like the headline about Scalia's passing with the words natural causes in quote, as though to imply that there's obviously something more behind it.

Sweet Jesus fucknuts this guy is goofy as hell.

Goofy is not a good enough term. That guy is the alpha and the omega of insufferable twat waffles.

I feel sorry for people like citrus king who might not be aware that he only pretends to like a thing just to cozy up to someone.

I'd had it when he made some comment about "might as well make rape legal" and actually told him I thought his ideas are asinine. He took it as a challenge to debate rape culture and I did not partake of his twat waffletry any further.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 am

NebulaJack wrote:Ever so often, I feel like the "Gallen Dugall is an insufferable twat waffle" jokes are a dead horse that's been shorn clean of any further point in repeating. Then he posts something nutty like the headline about Scalia's passing with the words natural causes in quote, as though to imply that there's obviously something more behind it.

Join us....JOIN US.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Ever so often, I feel like the "Gallen Dugall is an insufferable twat waffle" jokes are a dead horse that's been shorn clean of any further point in repeating. Then he posts something nutty like the headline about Scalia's passing with the words natural causes in quote, as though to imply that there's obviously something more behind it.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:25 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I don't hate Valentines Day or people who practice it. It's just another corporate Holiday and an excuse for people to buy shit. I don't hate people who get to spend it with someone, but at the same time I feel like you are with someone all the time, why wait till a certain government mandated day to go out and buy a bunch of generic shit to show them you care. You should do that shit on the regular anyway and not just once a year on a certain day. I've always been the make my own Valentines gifts person. This has worked in my favor and backfired in my face as well. There is nothing like putting the thought and effort into creating something for someone only to have them not appreciate it.

The last Valentines day I remember was with my ex when I was 26. Candles, wine, and we listened to the Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness album in the background and just talked for hours. It was fantastic. After her and I broke up I kind of went of the rails for a bit. We were together for almost four years. It was brutal and I did not take it well at the end.

Valentines isn't really a corporate holiday, so much as a corporate hijacked holiday, like Christmas. The thing started out as a feast for some Catholic Martyr, and morphed into a day for romantic love to be celebrated, mostly by the lovers themselves. Guys writing poetry to their gals (or probably to other guys on the extreme down low) goes back to at least the 1700s. Somewhere along the way, much like with Christmas and Independence Day, the merchandizer asshole crowds repurposed it as another money making venue.

I'm with you on the spontaneous romance thing. Back when I was dating an older woman in Stillwater (like, older enough that her son was 3 months older than me), she took an online course to get a CPA degree so she could look for a new job. It was really doing her head in, mostly because of how time consuming it was. The day she finally took the test, which was at a specific site so it could be proctored, I was gonna be at work when she got home, but I wanted to give her a boost of emotion when she got back from doing the test. So I printed out a note that read "Open the door and look to your right" and taped it to the front door with a rose. Inside the apartment was a series of printouts with romantically themed comic covers from DC Vertigo's Lucifer series (which I was a big fan of at the time) where he was embracing his lover, and directions to the next note. The final note was on our bed with a paragraph about how proud I was of her for putting os much time and effort into the endeavor, and that win or lose, she'd tried which was a form of victory in itself.

That night was far more romantic than any valentines day what not I've ever had.

Agreed. I'll never forget that night for as long as I live. Sitting on the floor in the candle light with the music in the background and just being there with her in her room and listening to her voice and her laugh, it felt like nothing else mattered in the world. It was magic...I still have the valentine she made me that year framed on the wall and no matter where I'm at, I can always look at that and remember that at one point in my life I had something incredible.  I am thankful for it.

Somehow, it seems appropriate that venting about the lameness of Valentines Day would bring out the sentimental side of you Gonz. Seriously though, that's a great story and I'm glad you shared it.

So that's "Imagine a guy who I don't have any idea what he looks like, banging his wife, who I also have no idea what she looks like." Naw, I'm gonna imagine Nick Fury knocking off a piece of Madame Hydra. Valentines Day is all the sweeter now.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:09 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:04 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:22 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Agreed. I'll never forget that night for as long as I live. Sitting on the floor in the candle light with the music in the background and just being there with her in her room and listening to her voice and her laugh, it felt like nothing else mattered in the world. It was magic...I still have the valentine she made me that year framed on the wall and no matter where I'm at, I can always look at that and remember that at one point in my life I had something incredible. I am thankful for it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hey, have you guys heard of Steak and A Blowjob Day? It's a concept that Dan Savage has been championing for a few years. It's on March 14th, and the idea is for people (primarily straight women) to reward their romantic partner's Valentines Day effort, by giving the guy what he wants, and the macho fantasy usually comes down to "a steak and a blow job", though it could be "pizza and anal" or what not, but basically a reward of the carnal desires of men as a counterpoint to Valentines, which seems geared towards the desires of women more than men.

What are y'alls thoughts on the subject?

Also, special V-Day poll is up.

Maybe it's different when you are in a really long term relationship, but it seems sad to me that you have to have "special" nights to do sexy stuff.  I get that not every night can be wild and passionate, but there's got to be some middle ground between that and just lying there every time with other stuff only on his birthday.

Tell me about it. My sex life went from "pretty frequent, pretty spontaneous" to "I can count on one hand the number of times we did anything in bed together over the last 18 months."

It made me desperate for affection and human contact and pretty much made me insane with jealousy for the life I had once had.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:23 pm