TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I have to do my Valentine's day bragging. I think I nailed it this year.

I have roses being delivered to her job today. We leave tomorrow for a weekend at the Gaylord Texan. I've never stayed there but it looks nice. We are having dinner Saturday night at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and I got this little beauty for her.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 NkkvvGp

Beat a stuffed teddy bear holding a heart

Hmn...I was making a yarn hanging heart shaped pendant lamp for Valentines day, but we all know how that worked out, so it's currently sitting in the garbage. On the up and up, I now own a hanging light fixture. Kudos to you.

Maybe I'll make one of these bad boys for myself.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 T2adow11
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I have to do my Valentine's day bragging. I think I nailed it this year.

I have roses being delivered to her job today. We leave tomorrow for a weekend at the Gaylord Texan. I've never stayed there but it looks nice. We are having dinner Saturday night at the Old Hickory Steakhouse and I got this little beauty for her.

Hmn...I was making a yarn hanging heart shaped pendant lamp for Valentines day, but we all know how that worked out, so it's currently sitting in the garbage. On the up and up, I now own a hanging light fixture. Kudos to you.

Do you mean kudos to me, or kudos to Patch?
    Also, something you MADE is an excellent gift.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:27 am

I found the perfect cosplay for Polk. Charlie Brown Halloween ghost costume. All he needs is a sheet with black circles painted on it to look like holes, a paper sack, and a rock.
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Gcezjs2
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:24 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:15 am

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:01 am

Well I have to do my Valentine's day bragging. I think I nailed it this year.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 am

Patch wrote:

This pleases me.

Sadly I did have that haircut in the 80's- early 90's

Well...Two out of three..
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:43 am

This pleases me.

Sadly I did have that haircut in the 80's- early 90's
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:36 am

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Tumblr10

Patch and Polk's outfits when they shoot guns together.

Have you been spying on us. Polk usually sports the terminator style Gargoyle sunglasses. I go for the Top Gun Ray-bans

This pleases me.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:36 am

I forgot to tell y'all, the American Pickers rolled through town last weekend. I was in DFW at the time, or I would have hunted them down. They stopped and let people take pictures with them. Not sure if they picked any place in town, but they did up the road in Dublin.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:33 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Tumblr10

Have you been spying on us. Polk usually sports the terminator style Gargoyle sunglasses. I go for the Top Gun Ray-bans
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the accuracy either, but I don't think it really matters as any discrepancies can just be attributed to "different earth" plot.  So in some comics the hawk people are a race from planet Thanagar, in others they are reincarnations much like the tv show. And it the cartoons Vandal Savage is immortal because he was originally a caveman that was struck by a meteor.

I'm liking the show, but the writing seems a bit uneven at times.

So White Canary...does she have "powers" of some sort or is she just a great fighter?  Captain Cold and Heatwave...same question, do they have powers or is Heatwave just a guy that carries a torch and Captain Cold...wears blue?

I'm not sure about White Canary, is she a knock off of Black Canary? I know that Black Canary sometimes has a sonic scream power, and other incarnations of her is just a normal person.

Cold and Heatwave fall into that "guys who have super sciencey tech stuff" category of villains. They've just got guns that functionally identical to magical items.

Outta curiosity, does the show require having seen the most recent episodes of Flash and Arrow?

There might be a few minor things here and there but nothing that would cause you to go "What the hell is going on???"

Also, Heatwave is the most useless character to ever be put on tv. IMHO.

Nebsy, in the first ep, when he gathers them all, you see Sara talking to Laurel, who is now the Black Canary.  Something about Sara actually being the Black Canary, then she died or something, and her sister took over.  Now Sara is back somehow, which I guess I would know about if I watched Arrow.  Laurel tells her to join the group and to become the White Canary and gives her a white leather outfit.  That is the extent of my knowledge.  So far, she's just beat people up.  

Sounds like she could be an original character for the show. If she's someone who died and got better, then there's no telling what powers she may or may not have.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Tumblr10

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:35 pm

kegs wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it.  I'm not sure about the accuracy either, but I don't think it really matters as any discrepancies can just be attributed to "different earth" plot.  So in some comics the hawk people are a race from planet Thanagar, in others they are reincarnations much like the tv show. And it the cartoons Vandal Savage is immortal because he was originally a caveman that was struck by a meteor.

So White Canary...does she have "powers" of some sort or is she just a great fighter?  Captain Cold and Heatwave...same question, do they have powers or is Heatwave just a guy that carries a torch and Captain Cold...wears blue?

I'm not sure about White Canary, is she a knock off of Black Canary? I know that Black Canary sometimes has a sonic scream power, and other incarnations of her is just a normal person.

Cold and Heatwave fall into that "guys who have super sciencey tech stuff" category of villains. They've just got guns that functionally identical to magical items.

Outta curiosity, does the show require having seen the most recent episodes of Flash and Arrow?

There might be a few minor things here and there but nothing that would cause you to go "What the hell is going on???"

Nebsy, in the first ep, when he gathers them all, you see Sara talking to Laurel, who is now the Black Canary. Something about Sara actually being the Black Canary, then she died or something, and her sister took over. Now Sara is back somehow, which I guess I would know about if I watched Arrow. Laurel tells her to join the group and to become the White Canary and gives her a white leather outfit. That is the extent of my knowledge. So far, she's just beat people up.

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:11 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:57 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:53 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Hey Nebsy,

Patch brought me the book you sent the other day.  It's pretty cool except that one of my employees has been hogging it.

For everyone who isn't Patch or Nebs, it 'The Big Book of Weirdos" a comic-book style collection of stories about weird people from history.

Glad you're diggin' it. It's part of a whole series of books with comic short stories about historical factoids. There's one I read years ago called "The Big Book of the Unexplained" which covers paranormal stuff that I know you'd love, but I haven't been able to track down another copy yet. There's about 17 in total, and I've had a copy of each one, though not all at once. I'll often gift a certain copy to friends and it means the chase can go on.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:32 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:What the hell, Gonzo?  I left chesty brunettes JUST for you and you never showed back up to enjoy them!

Bwahahaha. I knew what you were up to. I knew I would not see beautiful women.

Here, I'll be nice
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 14 Drytkil
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

kegs wrote:

So White Canary...does she have "powers" of some sort or is she just a great fighter? Captain Cold and Heatwave...same question, do they have powers or is Heatwave just a guy that carries a torch and Captain Cold...wears blue?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:22 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

what channel is it?  I thought it was on the WB which comes over the air here in Dallas.  I haven't watched it because honestly I didn't know it was already on.  I thought it was something coming out this fall.

Maybe you do get it. It's WPIX or WB, I guess, but around here you have to have to cable of some sort to get it. Same channel as The Flash and Arrow and iZombie and Supernatural.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:19 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:What the hell, Gonzo?  I left chesty brunettes JUST for you and you never showed back up to enjoy them!

At least I posted something in response to your request. These boys couldn't be bothered to look up women photos.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:For those of us in the North Texas area...

Is there a Taco Bueno near you? I got an email in my "promotions" inbox about Taco Bueno offering Shrimp tacos.  'm not into seafood but I'm interested to know if this menu item is any good.  I remember when I worked for Bueno (thirty years ago almost) I had the idea for shrimp fajitas which no one but me thought was a good idea.   This was back in the day when fajitas were considered the pinnacle of Tex-Mex food.  Anyway, I only eat seafood when I am drinking and when the seafood is in small appetizer-sized portions, so I'll likely never know.

There's a Bueno in WF. But since I don't eat seafood, I'll never know the quality of that item.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:30 am

For those of us in the North Texas area...

Is there a Taco Bueno near you? I got an email in my "promotions" inbox about Taco Bueno offering Shrimp tacos. 'm not into seafood but I'm interested to know if this menu item is any good. I remember when I worked for Bueno (thirty years ago almost) I had the idea for shrimp fajitas which no one but me thought was a good idea. This was back in the day when fajitas were considered the pinnacle of Tex-Mex food. Anyway, I only eat seafood when I am drinking and when the seafood is in small appetizer-sized portions, so I'll likely never know.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:22 am

Hey Nebsy,

Patch brought me the book you sent the other day. It's pretty cool except that one of my employees has been hogging it.

For everyone who isn't Patch or Nebs, it 'The Big Book of Weirdos" a comic-book style collection of stories about weird people from history.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:59 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:09 pm