TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by NebulaJack Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:28 pm

So, here's some quick thoughts:

Superbowl: I don't have broadcast TV, so I got home, looked up the score, saw that one of the teams I don't care about beat the other team I don't care about (unless it's the Seahawks or the Ducks playing, I give no fucks, and if they are playing, I'll give minimal fucks), then watched the commercials. The one with the dog monkey baby hybrid was cute. The one with Helen Mirren was funny, but only because the camera cuts away without her actually having to drink a budweiser, because even an actress getting a paycheck has standards.

Legend of Tomorrow is on my list of get around to, but I'm still behind on Flash Season 1, and Gotham Season 1, and the back half of Constantine, and Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD and so much other stuff. I sometimes wish I could have a ground hogs day just to catch up on everything I want to watch, play and read.

Mini work rant: During the winter season is when I get the most people coming up to offer sympathy to me. "Oh dear, your job looks so horrible." or "I'm gonna tell your manager she's a bitch for making you stand out here" (That guy actually knew her by name [friend I guess], and I had to tell him not to do that) or "Oh, the weather's so awful. This must be such a harsh job." I kind of get tired of having to explain "No, it's actually really great. I get to listen to music, or read audio books and move around." I worry that I sound like I'm making excuses to deny my pathetic existence or something. I get that they're trying to be nice, but damn it, telling me my job sucks is not gonna make me feel better about.

Happy library moment: I had to pop by the library to drop off some overdue books before the grace period ended and pick up a hold. I'd only started reading one of the three overdue books, so I finished that on the way back from school. I skimmed one, decided that I'll have to check it out again, started to look at the other one, and decided that it was too cool not read asap, so I went to my back to deposit the remainder of my pay check and then got lunch so I could sit down and finish Amala's Blade before taking it back. After I dropped off the books, I stopped by the hold shelf to find Volume 5 of Jennifer Blood waiting for me, and the went over to the lucky day shelf in time to see someone loading new books and DVDs onto it. I snagged Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance, which I'd started reading and had to take back before I finished it, and a copy of Jupiter Rising.

It's little things like that which make me glad to be alive.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by Patch Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:51 pm

I watched last week and enjoyed. I was bummed I didn't catch it from the start
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:16 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

what channel is it? I thought it was on the WB which comes over the air here in Dallas. I haven't watched it because honestly I didn't know it was already on. I thought it was something coming out this fall.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:06 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow?  I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel.  I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is.  Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.

Yeah, I've been enjoying it. I'm not sure about the accuracy either, but I don't think it really matters as any discrepancies can just be attributed to "different earth" plot. So in some comics the hawk people are a race from planet Thanagar, in others they are reincarnations much like the tv show. And it the cartoons Vandal Savage is immortal because he was originally a caveman that was struck by a meteor.

I'm liking the show, but the writing seems a bit uneven at times.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:32 pm

Are any of you watching Legends of Tomorrow? I know Polk's not, because I don't think he gets that channel. I've watched the first 2 eps and I enjoyed it, even though I really have no idea who anyone is. Except Hawkman and Hawkgirl, though I don't know if that backstory is comic accurate or not.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:04 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:What the hell, Gonzo?  I left chesty brunettes JUST for you and you never showed back up to enjoy them!

I enjoyed them.  Inasmuch as i enjoyed imagining Gozno's reactions to them.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 P6706_extra1_column_grid_6

Come on now.  I've posted way worse stuff than men's chests and your face didn't melt off then.

I thought it was supposed to be his imagining of Gonzo's reaction to the naked men pics instead of naked girl pics.

yes. yes it was.

Oh. Well.

Still, I think I've gotten you all pretty well de-sensitized by now. Man-chests are the least of your worries.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:What the hell, Gonzo?  I left chesty brunettes JUST for you and you never showed back up to enjoy them!

Come on now.  I've posted way worse stuff than men's chests and your face didn't melt off then.

I thought it was supposed to be his imagining of Gonzo's reaction to the naked men pics instead of naked girl pics.

yes. yes it was.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:04 pm

[quote="rkwsuperstar"]
    kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/p6706_extra1_column_grid_6.gif

No, but I couldn't find a milder reaction gif.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 am

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Come on now. I've posted way worse stuff than men's chests and your face didn't melt off then.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:50 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:53 am

I enjoyed them. Inasmuch as i enjoyed imagining Gozno's reactions to them.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:23 am

What the hell, Gonzo? I left chesty brunettes JUST for you and you never showed back up to enjoy them!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:14 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I'm getting notifications about two old guys talking about the Superbowl..This does not please me. I'm going to walk away for a few minutes and when I return, I expect this thread to be full of pictures of chesty brunettes.

https://i.imgur.com/PonBwQE.jpg
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:28 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I'm getting notifications about two old guys talking about the Superbowl..This does not please me. I'm going to walk away for a few minutes and when I return, I expect this thread to be full of pictures of chesty brunettes.

Here's one
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 1XP3fdC

Ha! That'll learn the young whippersnapper to sass his elders.

Gotta be specific, or you never know what you might get.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:27 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Here's one

Ha! That'll learn the young whippersnapper to sass his elders.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:10 pm

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 IKNklCd
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 JfaesBO
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 15 Qj9CWbB
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Here's one
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:01 pm

I'm getting notifications about two old guys talking about the Superbowl..This does not please me. I'm going to walk away for a few minutes and when I return, I expect this thread to be full of pictures of chesty brunettes.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:55 pm

Patch wrote:Superbowl Highlights-
    Doritos baby commercial
    Peyton riding off into the sunset with a final ring
    D Ware getting a ring (wish it had been with the Cowboys)
    Cam acting like a baby on the field when it all fell apart
    Cam acting like a baby in his press conference
    Good snacks
    Entertaining defensive game. (not a 3-6 bore fest)
    Over in time to still get a good nights sleep

It was entertaining.  Well,  the halftime show was about as blah as I expected it to be.  Seriously,  Coldplay??
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Patch wrote:Superbowl Highlights-
    Doritos baby commercial
    Good snacks

It was entertaining. Well, the halftime show was about as blah as I expected it to be. Seriously, Coldplay??
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:23 am

Superbowl Highlights-
    Doritos baby commercial
    Good snacks
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:01 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Hello, all.  I am now able to connect to this place after doing nothing differently, so I'm back, for however long it lasts.

I would link the Welcome Back, Kotter song, but I'm not sure the tablet can do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:00 am