TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
NebulaJack
kegs
6 posters

New Weekend. New Haunt

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

New Weekend. New Haunt - Page 2 Empty Re: New Weekend. New Haunt

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 am

Patch wrote:Morning everyone. Hope ya'll had a good week. I'm going to try and clean the place up some next week. Make some other categories. Take out some of the trash. Maybe make it a little easier to navigate.

Any suggestions? Move it all to the main thread and leave it the hell alone?

Jack is killing on the poll so I'll be renaming it in his honor. (if he doesn't mind keeping it going)
    Thought about making a art section so Polk and Doc can show off their work.
    Making a movie/music/comics/TV section. Fall is coming so Supes and Polk might want to riff bad TV shows together.

Of course anything posted anywhere can be posted to the Haunt as well. Not trying to separate the Haunt, which is slow, just thinking the options might create more conversation.

I like being over here. I feel like some of the stuff we like to discuss, like TV show snarking, is probably best left off the facebook thread.
    I like your idea of an art thread, a TV Snark thread, etc. It's all the same place, we can get a notification of a new comment, so we aren't really separated out, and it's easy to move from one thread to another.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Congrats on getting that crap sorted out Gonz.

Thanks. Things were hectic for both of us it seems. I'm glad he apologized. Sometimes you don't even get that.

In other news,  why don't I get to buy one of your Damn paintings?  Am I not good enough for Gonzo art?

You've never asked!!
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 am

Morning everyone. Hope ya'll had a good week. I'm going to try and clean the place up some next week. Make some other categories. Take out some of the trash. Maybe make it a little easier to navigate.

Any suggestions? Move it all to the main thread and leave it the hell alone?

Jack is killing on the poll so I'll be renaming it in his honor. (if he doesn't mind keeping it going)
    Thought about making a art section so Polk and Doc can show off their work.
    Making a movie/music/comics/TV section. Fall is coming so Supes and Polk might want to riff bad TV shows together.

Of course anything posted anywhere can be posted to the Haunt as well. Not trying to separate the Haunt, which is slow, just thinking the options might create more conversation.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:45 am

Thanks. Things were hectic for both of us it seems. I'm glad he apologized. Sometimes you don't even get that.

In other news, why don't I get to buy one of your Damn paintings? Am I not good enough for Gonzo art?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:55 am

When you get the cash don't forget to ask where that extra 15 he mentioned was.
    Congrats. Less hassles is always best hassles.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Congrats on getting that crap sorted out Gonz.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:39 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Good news, Gonzo

Right?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Good news, Gonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:00 pm

So the buyer messaged me just now with this:

"Hey, don't be pissed but the Krogers isn't taking my card. I know you wanted the money by tomorrow, but if I throw in an extra $15, make it an even $100, can I mail you a check?"

"jk it's working"

He apologized for it taking so long and gave me the tracking # so I'll be able to pick it up before I leave tomorrow...

Thank god for that.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Good afternoon gang.. bounce
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:14 pm

Another new poll is up.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:36 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Im I'm having goddammed flashbacks. This 20 year old kid they brought in to "comanage" my store is unqualified at best. At worst she is disruptive of my staff. She has never once been wrong about any damn thing.

I'm being told that I "can learn from her".

Five yewrs ago they brought in a young woman to work with me when I had the job in our corprate office. Unqualified to do what I did yet three months later she was given the keys to my office and I took q demotion back to working in a store.

Now no one has wny idea why i am stressing the fuck out when they do virtually the same set up now.

I m so angry i wnt to scream.

Sounds like someone may be sleeping her way to the top
    Maybe you should do the same lol

Seriously I hope it works out for ya

I agree Polk. Get to bangin'.

Not this time.  I have made it abundantly clear to everyone who works above me that I am extremely unhappy with the situation.  I am done being the good soldier and doing exactly what I am told without question. Too many times my compliant personality has led people to believe it is OK to screw me over.  This time I am screaming bloody murder about it.

I am promised that they're "working on" a place to move her-- that everyone sees how the metrics in my store have gone DOWN since she's been here and that I needn't worry.  I'm mostly mad because I should never have been put in this situation to begin with.  My store was consistently in the top performers in DFW but suddenly I was told we aren't living up to "potential" by people who never bothered to even visit my store.

Isn't there another store that is manager-less?  If they love her so much, why don't they give her that store?[/quote

This was part of the fired district managers plan to move me out of tbethe tore to make room for his buddies he could use to steal from the company.  When his bosses told him they wouldn't allow him to punt me to a low volume store, he insisted that I was making trouble with employees, rude to customers  etc.  They sent her down to "fix"  my behavior based on his say so alone.  Plus a propensity of upper management to undervalue my contributions.

My work style is "leave me the fuck alone and you'll get your numbers".

Shockingly   they have not left me the fuck alone and the  numbers have declined.  I'm shocked.  Well not that shocked.

This makes my irritations from standing on a corner waiving a sign seem so petty and small. Best luck in getting through the madness.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

[quote="rkwsuperstar"]
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Im I'm having goddammed flashbacks. This 20 year old kid they brought in to "comanage" my store is unqualified at best. At worst she is disruptive of my staff. She has never once been wrong about any damn thing.

Five yewrs ago they brought in a young woman to work with me when I had the job in our corprate office. Unqualified to do what I did yet three months later she was given the keys to my office and I took q demotion back to working in a store.

Now no one has wny idea why i am stressing the fuck out when they do virtually the same set up now.

Not this time.  I have made it abundantly clear to everyone who works above me that I am extremely unhappy with the situation.  I am done being the good soldier and doing exactly what I am told without question. Too many times my compliant personality has led people to believe it is OK to screw me over.  This time I am screaming bloody murder about it.

I am promised that they're "working on" a place to move her-- that everyone sees how the metrics in my store have gone DOWN since she's been here and that I needn't worry.  I'm mostly mad because I should never have been put in this situation to begin with.  My store was consistently in the top performers in DFW but suddenly I was told we aren't living up to "potential" by people who never bothered to even visit my store.

Isn't there another store that is manager-less?  If they love her so much, why don't they give her that store?[/quote

This was part of the fired district managers plan to move me out of tbethe tore to make room for his buddies he could use to steal from the company. When his bosses told him they wouldn't allow him to punt me to a low volume store, he insisted that I was making trouble with employees, rude to customers etc. They sent her down to "fix" my behavior based on his say so alone. Plus a propensity of upper management to undervalue my contributions.

My work style is "leave me the fuck alone and you'll get your numbers".

Shockingly they have not left me the fuck alone and the numbers have declined. I'm shocked. Well not that shocked.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:35 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Isn't there another store that is manager-less? If they love her so much, why don't they give her that store?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:36 am

Patch wrote:

Not this time. I have made it abundantly clear to everyone who works above me that I am extremely unhappy with the situation. I am done being the good soldier and doing exactly what I am told without question. Too many times my compliant personality has led people to believe it is OK to screw me over. This time I am screaming bloody murder about it.

I am promised that they're "working on" a place to move her-- that everyone sees how the metrics in my store have gone DOWN since she's been here and that I needn't worry. I'm mostly mad because I should never have been put in this situation to begin with. My store was consistently in the top performers in DFW but suddenly I was told we aren't living up to "potential" by people who never bothered to even visit my store.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:31 am

Patch wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:46 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Damn dude, thats some harsh shit. I hope things work out for you.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Fuck it. Maybe I call in sick in the morning
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Im I'm having goddammed flashbacks. This 20 year old kid they brought in to "comanage" my store is unqualified at best. At worst she is disruptive of my staff. She has never once been wrong about any damn thing.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm

And then I came home and dug up weeds. Also helpful for venting frustration.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:59 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:New Weekend. New Haunt - Page 2 IGaSAGB
    You go girl!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar