TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:53 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, here we go again.  After the issue with the boss telling me he might take away my already approved day off, I reminded him that I was off on 10/12 (another date he has already approved) for 2 doctor appointments.  I told him they were yearly exams, and I've had the appointments since last year, so I really didn't want to have to change them.  (Also, I try to do 2 appointments on the same day so I can take a whole day of sick leave, and not have to rush an hour back to Supesville to work part of a day)  He says no problem, if we are both gone, then so be it.  Okay.  So this morning, he tells me that it looks like the thing is happening that week, and he'll be out.  I remind him again of my 2 appointments, and say something like we need to give her a list of duties to keep her busy all day (his biggest concern is that she'll go sit in someone's office and gossip all day, or sit on her cell phone talking to her boyfriend).  He then asks me if it's a problem for me to re-schedule my appointments.  Uh, yes.  I remind him again of the conversation we had about these being yearly appointments, and he says "are you sure you can't be here part of the day?"  Uh, one is at 10 a.m. and the other is at 2 p.m. and they are both in WF, an hour away.  Yes, I'm sure I can't be here part of the day.
    I get his point, he doesn't trust her to work, but what am I gonna do?  I have no authority over her.  How about stepping up as her boss and informing her that expects certain things to be done and there will be consequences if they aren't?
    Nice way to start the week.

Fire him and take his job, the fire her and let me take her job.

Maybe she is special.
    I'd hire you.  I'd bet you could learn the names of the other employees in 7 months (she still hasn't learned them)

I have no doubt she has a learning problem.  And an attention disorder.  These are not problems, except when you do nothing to help yourself.

She may not know she has a learning disability. Nearsighted people often have no idea their vision is messed up until they get glasses and suddenly realize the world is not built blurry.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 am

Patch wrote:Morning everyone. How was the weekend?

No trip to KY for me this week. I'd would have enjoyed grabbing a brew with Doc, but I'm not upset that I get a pass. I'm still wearing a boot for the bad tendon, so walking around 3 days would have sucked.

You want to meet for a beer this Saturday or Sunday. I have scheduled myself the weekend off and don't really feel like puttering around town doing the same stuff iI always do.

Arkay, youre invited too.

Gonzo can't come. Banned for the crime if being gG in frickingKentucky. u
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:08 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, here we go again.  After the issue with the boss telling me he might take away my already approved day off, I reminded him that I was off on 10/12 (another date he has already approved) for 2 doctor appointments.  I told him they were yearly exams, and I've had the appointments since last year, so I really didn't want to have to change them.  (Also, I try to do 2 appointments on the same day so I can take a whole day of sick leave, and not have to rush an hour back to Supesville to work part of a day)  He says no problem, if we are both gone, then so be it.  Okay.  So this morning, he tells me that it looks like the thing is happening that week, and he'll be out.  I remind him again of my 2 appointments, and say something like we need to give her a list of duties to keep her busy all day (his biggest concern is that she'll go sit in someone's office and gossip all day, or sit on her cell phone talking to her boyfriend).  He then asks me if it's a problem for me to re-schedule my appointments.  Uh, yes.  I remind him again of the conversation we had about these being yearly appointments, and he says "are you sure you can't be here part of the day?"  Uh, one is at 10 a.m. and the other is at 2 p.m. and they are both in WF, an hour away.  Yes, I'm sure I can't be here part of the day.
    I get his point, he doesn't trust her to work, but what am I gonna do?  I have no authority over her.  How about stepping up as her boss and informing her that expects certain things to be done and there will be consequences if they aren't?

Maybe she is special.
    I'd hire you.  I'd bet you could learn the names of the other employees in 7 months (she still hasn't learned them)

I have no doubt she has a learning problem. And an attention disorder. These are not problems, except when you do nothing to help yourself.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:58 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Maybe she is special.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:54 am

I'd hire you. I'd bet you could learn the names of the other employees in 7 months (she still hasn't learned them)
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:34 am

Patch wrote:Morning everyone. How was the weekend?

No trip to KY for me this week. I'd would have enjoyed grabbing a brew with Doc, but I'm not upset that I get a pass. I'm still wearing a boot for the bad tendon, so walking around 3 days would have sucked.

Booooo, boooooooooooo.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 am

Well, here we go again. After the issue with the boss telling me he might take away my already approved day off, I reminded him that I was off on 10/12 (another date he has already approved) for 2 doctor appointments. I told him they were yearly exams, and I've had the appointments since last year, so I really didn't want to have to change them. (Also, I try to do 2 appointments on the same day so I can take a whole day of sick leave, and not have to rush an hour back to Supesville to work part of a day) He says no problem, if we are both gone, then so be it. Okay. So this morning, he tells me that it looks like the thing is happening that week, and he'll be out. I remind him again of my 2 appointments, and say something like we need to give her a list of duties to keep her busy all day (his biggest concern is that she'll go sit in someone's office and gossip all day, or sit on her cell phone talking to her boyfriend). He then asks me if it's a problem for me to re-schedule my appointments. Uh, yes. I remind him again of the conversation we had about these being yearly appointments, and he says "are you sure you can't be here part of the day?" Uh, one is at 10 a.m. and the other is at 2 p.m. and they are both in WF, an hour away. Yes, I'm sure I can't be here part of the day.
    I get his point, he doesn't trust her to work, but what am I gonna do? I have no authority over her. How about stepping up as her boss and informing her that expects certain things to be done and there will be consequences if they aren't?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:12 am

Morning everyone. How was the weekend?

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:49 pm

nothing new to report here to report folks.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:44 pm

I've been invited to the Las Vegas trip on November 10 through 13. I'm sure a lot of my time will be dominated by meetings and mandatory fun.

But November is close enough to Christmas that I hope toe see an abundance of Star Wars slot machines out there.

I'll also play a Ghostbusters machine.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:39 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:15 new lines
    17 upgrades
    3 tablets...

The cell phone mining was quite lucrative today but at a cost...

35 devices sold in 10 hours- was insane.  Now I am exhausted and a little fried.  I really do think this is a YES whiskey evening.

Also alls I had in the house for dinner was peanut butter, low sugar strawberry jam and hoagie rolls.

jack daniels and ginger ale really, really helped.

I was laying back in my quasi-office chair, arms limp at my sides, head rolling back, eyes closed-- smiling.

It was a transcendent alcohol experience the likes of which I doubt I'll ever see again.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:50 pm

15 new lines
    17 upgrades
    3 tablets...

The cell phone mining was quite lucrative today but at a cost...

35 devices sold in 10 hours- was insane. Now I am exhausted and a little fried. I really do think this is a YES whiskey evening.

Also alls I had in the house for dinner was peanut butter, low sugar strawberry jam and hoagie rolls.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:47 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Morning guys. Yesterday, some guy walking by my corner tipped me with 21 dollars. It's rare that I get tips, but when I do, they're usually pretty good! Today and tomorrow are my longer shifts that require getting up early, and next week my schedule changes since I'm starting a math class. Fun stuff.

Occasionally people will astound you with their kindness.

A customer in my store gave one of my reps 20 bucks and told him to go grab some starbucks for the team yesterday.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Morning guys. Yesterday, some guy walking by my corner tipped me with 21 dollars. It's rare that I get tips, but when I do, they're usually pretty good! Today and tomorrow are my longer shifts that require getting up early, and next week my schedule changes since I'm starting a math class. Fun stuff.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:03 am

Good morning everyone. I hope you're all having a good morning.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:44 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost.

Chaka's painting Ta's portrait on a big rock with berry juice for paint.

Dopey the brontosaur is playing tag with his pall Screechy(?).

Uh Oh. Sceechy gets stuck in the tar pits and when Dopey tries to help he gets stuck too.  And of course Screechy gets himself free and leaves Dopey to die.

Aw. Chaka likes Dopey too!  He drops his paints and runs and gets the Marshall family to help. They toss a rope around Dopey's neck and try to pull him out.

"He's heavier than I figured..."--Rick Marshall.

Are you shitting me?  he's a 1000 pound brontosaur stuck up to his belly in tar.  Y'all really thought putting a lasso around his neck was the right thing to do?

Also this is the first instance I notice Ta and Sa bullying Chaka.

And why was ta posing like Thurston Howell III getting a passport photo?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:42 am

Land of the Lost.

Chaka's painting Ta's portrait on a big rock with berry juice for paint.

Dopey the brontosaur is playing tag with his pall Screechy(?).

Uh Oh. Sceechy gets stuck in the tar pits and when Dopey tries to help he gets stuck too. And of course Screechy gets himself free and leaves Dopey to die.

Aw. Chaka likes Dopey too! He drops his paints and runs and gets the Marshall family to help. They toss a rope around Dopey's neck and try to pull him out.

"He's heavier than I figured..."--Rick Marshall.

Are you shitting me? he's a 1000 pound brontosaur stuck up to his belly in tar. Y'all really thought putting a lasso around his neck was the right thing to do?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Patch has good taste in beer. I'm gonna need photos of you two at the local Buffalo Wild Wings.

Also y'all need to bring pencils and paper and draw me something.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I am still here in Louisville for now. Put the move on hold for the time being.

Cool. If you are up for it, I'll let you know. I'm supposed to find out on Monday. I'll be there Wed and Thurs if I get to go.

Sounds good. Hopefully fate will shine and I'll be off then.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:13 pm

I think I'm done with work for the day. Now to pretend to be busy.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I am still here in Louisville for now. Put the move on hold for the time being.

Cool. If you are up for it, I'll let you know. I'm supposed to find out on Monday. I'll be there Wed and Thurs if I get to go.

Now I will have Gonzo/Patch snuggies to make up
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:08 pm

kegs wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:So is this thread the new hangout? Also, new poll is up.

Might as well. We can keep Supes celebration going for a few weeks.

For a few weeks???
    ok.
    I can do that.

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread - Page 4 Bunny-has-something-to-say-700x438

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:57 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:So is this thread the new hangout? Also, new poll is up.

Might as well. We can keep Supes celebration going for a few weeks.

For a few weeks???
    ok.
    I can do that.

Superstar's Birthday Extravaganza Thread - Page 4 Bunny-has-something-to-say-700x438
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:24 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:05 pm