TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
James.k.Polk
Patch
NebulaJack
7 posters

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 10 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 am

Sleverin wrote:Oh good.  I hadn't seen him around in a while and some of his posts made me a little worried for him.  He seemed down the last couple of times I had seen him around.

Yes, he's been posting a lot as his real persona and not so much as his Facebook/TR alias.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 10 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by Sleverin Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Oh good. I hadn't seen him around in a while and some of his posts made me a little worried for him. He seemed down the last couple of times I had seen him around.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Sleverin wrote:I just thought about FakeassMNV.  Has anyone heard from him in a while?

He's on the TRV facebook group. His real-world name is Holden Hodgdon. I believe he lives in Colorado, works as a maintenance supervisor in a factory of some kind. He posts fairly prolifically on the Facebook.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:26 pm

I just thought about FakeassMNV. Has anyone heard from him in a while?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:19 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: The Musician

Holly's trying to teach Chaka how to play a suspiciously penis-shaped bamboo flute.

She's mad because he's too dumb to play "rockaby baby"

He's a subhuman primate, Holly...

I feel like the writers were wondering if there was a way they could have worked in a "skin flute" joke without being too obvious.

Seemed like kind of a lazy episode. The gang investigates a Lost Temple that has some kind of super matrix table. Chaka bumbles into activating the table. A red ring appears. Clearly the ring is meant for Chaka, but Holly takes it and tries it on.

Later, a red humanoid materializes. One by one each character is told that it "is not your time" and is knocked out. At and Asa run away and only Chaka is left trying to protect Holly from the red man,

We are told it IS his time, and he is magically given he ability to play Holly's flute.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:44 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: The Musician

Holly's trying to teach Chaka how to play a suspiciously penis-shaped bamboo flute.

I feel like the writers were wondering if there was a way they could have worked in a "skin flute" joke without being too obvious.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:34 am

Land of the Lost: The Musician

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:13 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Received part 2 of my Secret Santa gift today.  Part 3 is on the way, and Part 4 will be something I make-Christmas cookies, like that.

I'll be hitting up a used book store next week to get some cheapish, but hopefully entertaining gifts.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Received part 2 of my Secret Santa gift today. Part 3 is on the way, and Part 4 will be something I make-Christmas cookies, like that.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:55 pm

kegs wrote:Hey folks. I haven't been around much lately, as I've been trying to teach myself Unity in an attempt make a small video game.  So far I usually just end up doodling game art (that I have no idea if I can incorporate into the game) instead of actually learning the program.  So far it's good concepts that I can't seem to get out of my head and into the computer.  Le sigh.  

rkwsuperstar wrote:I had jury duty yesterday.  I didn't get picked, but it took up my whole darn day.

What for?  Murder trial?  Did you want to get out of it?

No, it was municipal court, so it was misdemeanors. I wouldn't say that I wanted to get out of it, but I didn't especially want to be picked.

kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Patch wrote:Y'all are all so much more talented than me.

We should all band together. Polk's Mothman game. Polk and Gonzo are art design. Kegs programs it, Jack writes the story, Supes handles all the organization. I'll take my cut for bringing you all together.

Meeting adjourned. Get to work.

ha! I don't see that happening, not at the rate I'm learning.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Y'all are all so much more talented than me.

We should all band together. Polk's Mothman game. Polk and Gonzo are art design. Kegs programs it, Jack writes the story, Supes handles all the organization. I'll take my cut for bringing you all together.

Meeting adjourned. Get to work.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:59 am

Hey folks. I haven't been around much lately, as I've been trying to teach myself Unity in an attempt make a small video game. So far I usually just end up doodling game art (that I have no idea if I can incorporate into the game) instead of actually learning the program. So far it's good concepts that I can't seem to get out of my head and into the computer. Le sigh.

rkwsuperstar wrote:I had jury duty yesterday.  I didn't get picked, but it took up my whole darn day.

What for? Murder trial? Did you want to get out of it?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:19 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Happy Friday everyone. Not much to report here. I've been in quite the funk here lately. I think it's the season. I've been busy with both jobs while trying to squeeze in some extra freelancing when I can. Got a lot of doctors bills I'm going to have to be paying here soon and the Holidays are coming up as well so I need all the extra scratch I can get. In the little spare time I have, I've been really getting into Gunpla, which is scale model building with Gundam model kits. I guess you could say It's my new hobby as I've never built a model kit a day in my life and I owe that to Holden. It's therapeutic and and a bit of a challenge and I also get to stretch my creative wings a bit. Anyway, that's basically all that's going on in the world of the Gonzo lately. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and you all have a great weekend.

I kind of looked for a model kit to send you but the local craft and hobby shops don't offer the Gundam. Maybe I'll check Amazon.

I'll make you a "Gundam Polk" Custom.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:11 am

I had jury duty yesterday. I didn't get picked, but it took up my whole darn day.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:10 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

As if kids are just owed high paying jobs  

I saw this yesterday and just shook my head. This is what the "participation trophy" gets you. At least this guy is willing to say something about it. I am there for my kids, but I doubt any would say I coddled them. Life is tough. If you don't get tough along with it, it will chew you up.

http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day-care-its-a-university/

I work with one. She wants praise for the doing the smallest bit of her job correctly (and you are supposed to do your job correctly, so what is that about? we have a yearly review and you get your praise at that time) and then gets pissed off when she is criticized for doing things incorrectly and has stated more than once that she is trying her best and that should be good enough. Her best means incorrect math and ordering the wrong supplies, but we are supposed to just accept it and move on? No.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am

NebulaJack wrote:I wish there were more delivery places that did hamburgers. The only place, at least out here, that is an option is one of those services that run around to multiple restaurants and will deliver for them, like Pony Express. The extra charge, and variance in hours is kind of a pain in the ass. I'd like to be able to call up a burger king or mcdonalds and have them send a driver with a big bag or two full of burgers. Is this too much to ask from the world?

Start a business!
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:05 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

It's a similar premise-instead of a variety show, it's a talk show with Piggy as the Johnny Carson.  She's a huge bitch, even more than she ever was-she's unlikable in fact, and I never would have said that about original Piggy, and the whole thing is filmed like the Office, with the individual interviews in a chair, and all that, and it's supposed to be a "non-scripted" show.  And it's terrible.  

And I know Polk's favorite is the IT guy-he's a human muppet, and he has giant eyeballs and no lids and his pupils blink.  He is a bit off-putting.

Oh I never said the IT guy was my favorite.  To be honest, the band's bits are the truest to the original characterizations. They've mainly just "adulted them up" a bit by making them all stoners and/or recovering addicts.  Otherwise they act like the Muppet Band which is OK.

I don't mind Piggy being an asshole.  It's Kermit being duplicitous and manipulative, Gonzo being un-Gonzo, and  the overall wrongness of the tone of the thing.[/quote]

"Oh I never said the IT guy was my favorite." Oh, I know. That was my sarcasm.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Happy Friday everyone. Not much to report here. I've been in quite the funk here lately. I think it's the season. I've been busy with both jobs while trying to squeeze in some extra freelancing when I can. Got a lot of doctors bills I'm going to have to be paying here soon and the Holidays are coming up as well so I need all the extra scratch I can get. In the little spare time I have, I've been really getting into Gunpla, which is scale model building with Gundam model kits. I guess you could say It's my new hobby as I've never built a model kit a day in my life and I owe that to Holden. It's therapeutic and and a bit of a challenge and I also get to stretch my creative wings a bit. Anyway, that's basically all that's going on in the world of the Gonzo lately. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and you all have a great weekend.

I kind of looked for a model kit to send you but the local craft and hobby shops don't offer the Gundam. Maybe I'll check Amazon.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:19 am

Happy Friday everyone. Not much to report here. I've been in quite the funk here lately. I think it's the season. I've been busy with both jobs while trying to squeeze in some extra freelancing when I can. Got a lot of doctors bills I'm going to have to be paying here soon and the Holidays are coming up as well so I need all the extra scratch I can get. In the little spare time I have, I've been really getting into Gunpla, which is scale model building with Gundam model kits. I guess you could say It's my new hobby as I've never built a model kit a day in my life and I owe that to Holden. It's therapeutic and and a bit of a challenge and I also get to stretch my creative wings a bit. Anyway, that's basically all that's going on in the world of the Gonzo lately. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well, and you all have a great weekend.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:05 am

Sleverin wrote:If you lived in Japan, they would not only deliver McDonald's but KFC!  At least in the bigger cities, almost every restaurant has some kind of delivery service.  Its too bad that all the costs (insurance, paying the delivery driver, etc.) has killed that kind of business in America.

I remember back when I was younger, KFC used to deliver.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:04 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Polk, you working today? My son has a game in Everman, so I'll be near Burleson around 6-630 (after his game) if you want to grab a bite. Text me if you do. I'm not sure how late you get stuck there.  

I'm here until 7:00. Wouldn't mind having a beer afterwards.

Both of you son's o bitches drink one for me. DO IT.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Patch wrote:Polk, you working today? My son has a game in Everman, so I'll be near Burleson around 6-630 (after his game) if you want to grab a bite. Text me if you do. I'm not sure how late you get stuck there.  

I'm here until 7:00. Wouldn't mind having a beer afterwards.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Polk, you working today? My son has a game in Everman, so I'll be near Burleson around 6-630 (after his game) if you want to grab a bite. Text me if you do. I'm not sure how late you get stuck there.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:00 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

As if kids are just owed high paying jobs  

I saw this yesterday and just shook my head. This is what the "participation trophy" gets you. At least this guy is willing to say something about it. I am there for my kids, but I doubt any would say I coddled them. Life is tough. If you don't get tough along with it, it will chew you up.

http://www.okwu.edu/blog/2015/11/this-is-not-a-day-care-its-a-university/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 am