TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
theIllustriousDrGonzo
Patch
James.k.Polk
7 posters

M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

M'Aidez! M'Aidez! - Page 4 Empty Re: M'Aidez! M'Aidez!

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun May 08, 2016 12:27 pm

kegs wrote:Hello all!

What have I missed?

Kegs! We missed you, buddy
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun May 08, 2016 12:07 pm

kegs wrote:Hello all!

What have I missed?

KEGS!

Good to see ya man.

You missed a good discussion about the paranormal and how people experience. It's back on the April thread.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Sun May 08, 2016 11:45 am

Hello all!

What have I missed?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 11:43 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:There's a showing of Captain Avenger at 10:15 in Grapevine.  I think I'm going to try to catch that time.

I'll review later (won't do spoilers)

Captain Avenger movie is a no=go today.  Drove in to the Grapevine Mills parking lot at 9:30.  Lot is empty.  Drive around back where the theater is, witness about 30 people converging on the box office.  I don't like crowds much, so I didn't even stop driving.  Went and got groceries instead.

My room mate mentioned last night that the midnight show he went to was less crowded than the earlier Thursday showings usually are. It seems that now that theaters are doing early screenings at 7, 8, 9 etc. the crowds are flooding those and the midnight shows are getting emptier. That's not much help to you though. Maybe an early show on a Monday or Tuesday when everyone's at work or school.

My original plan was for tuesday morning, but I woke up wanting to treat myself.  On Tuesday *most* people are at work and the kids aren't out of school here yet.  even if there are people there on Tuesday I still think I can get there and claim a good seat before the people crowd in.

It'll definitely be worth the wait. As an FYI, there's two bonus scenes in the credits. One in the middle and one at the very end.

Also on Tuesday at 11:00 I can buy beer.  You can't buy beer in Texas before noon on the Sundays/
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 11:42 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:There's a showing of Captain Avenger at 10:15 in Grapevine.  I think I'm going to try to catch that time.

Captain Avenger movie is a no=go today.  Drove in to the Grapevine Mills parking lot at 9:30.  Lot is empty.  Drive around back where the theater is, witness about 30 people converging on the box office.  I don't like crowds much, so I didn't even stop driving.  Went and got groceries instead.

My room mate mentioned last night that the midnight show he went to was less crowded than the earlier Thursday showings usually are. It seems that now that theaters are doing early screenings at 7, 8, 9 etc. the crowds are flooding those and the midnight shows are getting emptier. That's not much help to you though. Maybe an early show on a Monday or Tuesday when everyone's at work or school.

My original plan was for tuesday morning, but I woke up wanting to treat myself.  On Tuesday *most* people are at work and the kids aren't out of school here yet.  even if there are people there on Tuesday I still think I can get there and claim a good seat before the people crowd in.

It'll definitely be worth the wait. As an FYI, there's two bonus scenes in the credits. One in the middle and one at the very end.

Also on Tuesday at 11:00 I can buy beer. You can't buy beer in Texas before noon on the Sundays/
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun May 08, 2016 11:41 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 11:40 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

My original plan was for tuesday morning, but I woke up wanting to treat myself. On Tuesday *most* people are at work and the kids aren't out of school here yet. even if there are people there on Tuesday I still think I can get there and claim a good seat before the people crowd in.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun May 08, 2016 11:38 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun May 08, 2016 11:31 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, my mother made a comment tonight that makes me think she apparently believes me to be a closeted lesbian.  While it doesn't bother me that anyone think that, she and I have had a talk about this, when my aunt asked me straight up if I was and I said no (mid-30s and never married-hell, no damn dates-is apparently the threshold where you start to make people wonder).  So that means she thinks I'm lying and is trying to shame me into coming out, which does bother me.

Single and not dating = gay.  

Does your mom think you couldn't score a girl if you wanted to?

I guess.  What she said was that after I got "back on my feet" I needed to find a girlfriend.  Or a boyfriend.  The boyfriend part was said a few seconds later.  Like she was trying to get me respond to girlfriend, and then tried to cover herself with boyfriend.  As if I could just "get" somebody of whatever sex I preferred.  Like it was a pet and the only thing keeping me from getting a puppy was me not being sure of the responsibility.

I'm taking a guess here, but I doubt she'd be satisfied for long if you introduced her to a boyfriend or girlfriend. Not long after, she'd probably start hinting around the question of marriage and children.

Hell, she wouldn't like whomever I brought around, so I don't know why she's so concerned. Of the men I have dated, she hasn't liked one of them.

Maybe she disliked them due to an assumption that they were all liars helping you pretend to be straight.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 11:21 am

Captain Avenger movie is a no=go today. Drove in to the Grapevine Mills parking lot at 9:30. Lot is empty. Drive around back where the theater is, witness about 30 people converging on the box office. I don't like crowds much, so I didn't even stop driving. Went and got groceries instead.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 9:13 am

There's a showing of Captain Avenger at 10:15 in Grapevine. I think I'm going to try to catch that time.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun May 08, 2016 12:15 am

I'm taking a guess here, but I doubt she'd be satisfied for long if you introduced her to a boyfriend or girlfriend. Not long after, she'd probably start hinting around the question of marriage and children.[/quote]

Hell, she wouldn't like whomever I brought around, so I don't know why she's so concerned.  Of the men I have dated, she hasn't liked one of them.[/quote]

My mom did that with my wife. Just sort of didn't like her much. Never said anything but I could see it. Of course mom was right.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat May 07, 2016 10:41 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Well, my mother made a comment tonight that makes me think she apparently believes me to be a closeted lesbian.  While it doesn't bother me that anyone think that, she and I have had a talk about this, when my aunt asked me straight up if I was and I said no (mid-30s and never married-hell, no damn dates-is apparently the threshold where you start to make people wonder).  So that means she thinks I'm lying and is trying to shame me into coming out, which does bother me.

I guess.  What she said was that after I got "back on my feet" I needed to find a girlfriend.  Or a boyfriend.  The boyfriend part was said a few seconds later.  Like she was trying to get me respond to girlfriend, and then tried to cover herself with boyfriend.  As if I could just "get" somebody of whatever sex I preferred.  Like it was a pet and the only thing keeping me from getting a puppy was me not being sure of the responsibility.

I'm taking a guess here, but I doubt she'd be satisfied for long if you introduced her to a boyfriend or girlfriend. Not long after, she'd probably start hinting around the question of marriage and children.

Hell, she wouldn't like whomever I brought around, so I don't know why she's so concerned. Of the men I have dated, she hasn't liked one of them.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat May 07, 2016 10:36 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat May 07, 2016 10:31 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Yesterday and today've been busy as hell. Got a ride from a friend after work to go pay my rent and then got dropped off at the mall to have dinner with another friend and go see Civil War (great flick). Got a call from my boss asking me to come in two hours early for my next shift and work inside instead of outside. Now I'm gettin' ready to roll over to the Lane County Fairgrounds for a Donald Trump Rally so I can gawk at the spectacle.

See y'all later.

behave yourself.  Those Trump people may be running the country in a few months.  Don't piss off any angry political types.

I got there too late to get into the rally, but me and my friends had fun looking at the protesters and their ridiculous signage. Goofy stuff galore.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat May 07, 2016 9:30 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I guess. What she said was that after I got "back on my feet" I needed to find a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. The boyfriend part was said a few seconds later. Like she was trying to get me respond to girlfriend, and then tried to cover herself with boyfriend. As if I could just "get" somebody of whatever sex I preferred. Like it was a pet and the only thing keeping me from getting a puppy was me not being sure of the responsibility.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat May 07, 2016 9:01 pm

Well, my mother made a comment tonight that makes me think she apparently believes me to be a closeted lesbian. While it doesn't bother me that anyone think that, she and I have had a talk about this, when my aunt asked me straight up if I was and I said no (mid-30s and never married-hell, no damn dates-is apparently the threshold where you start to make people wonder). So that means she thinks I'm lying and is trying to shame me into coming out, which does bother me.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat May 07, 2016 7:30 am

NebulaJack wrote:Yesterday and today've been busy as hell. Got a ride from a friend after work to go pay my rent and then got dropped off at the mall to have dinner with another friend and go see Civil War (great flick). Got a call from my boss asking me to come in two hours early for my next shift and work inside instead of outside. Now I'm gettin' ready to roll over to the Lane County Fairgrounds for a Donald Trump Rally so I can gawk at the spectacle.

See y'all later.

behave yourself. Those Trump people may be running the country in a few months. Don't piss off any angry political types.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat May 07, 2016 7:01 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I do a lot of wacky things in my spare time and consider myself young for my age, but here I can't keep up with two ten year olds and a 12 year old. My cousins girls are wearing me out.

Take them to a museum. Maybe one of them hands-on science museums where they can play with a doppler effect machine or one of them electricity things.

I love those places but I got no kids to take to one.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri May 06, 2016 8:44 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Happy Friday, all.  I have a few more days of this semester.  It's really been a beat down this semester, with the accident.  They've worked with me and accepted late work, but I still had to get all my assignments done, for the most part with one hand.  I'm about halfway through my 14 page minimum research paper due next week.  And I've got one final next week.   People have asked me how I've spent my downtime, have I been going stir crazy or sick of daytime tv.  It's pretty much been a non-stop homework routine with small breaks.  Even when I watch stuff and post on here, I have my homework open in a different window.

I've only signed up for one class for the summer semester, to give me some more time to heal and get caught up at work.  And have a little time to just do nothing.  And post dick pics.

I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but Google Docs has a voice to text bit that's pretty useful. If you've got a mic on your compy, you might give it a try.

It's just easier for me to do it myself.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri May 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Yesterday and today've been busy as hell. Got a ride from a friend after work to go pay my rent and then got dropped off at the mall to have dinner with another friend and go see Civil War (great flick). Got a call from my boss asking me to come in two hours early for my next shift and work inside instead of outside. Now I'm gettin' ready to roll over to the Lane County Fairgrounds for a Donald Trump Rally so I can gawk at the spectacle.

See y'all later.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri May 06, 2016 7:49 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Happy Friday, all.  I have a few more days of this semester.  It's really been a beat down this semester, with the accident.  They've worked with me and accepted late work, but I still had to get all my assignments done, for the most part with one hand.  I'm about halfway through my 14 page minimum research paper due next week.  And I've got one final next week.   People have asked me how I've spent my downtime, have I been going stir crazy or sick of daytime tv.  It's pretty much been a non-stop homework routine with small breaks.  Even when I watch stuff and post on here, I have my homework open in a different window.

I've only signed up for one class for the summer semester, to give me some more time to heal and get caught up at work.  And have a little time to just do nothing.  And post dick pics.

I don't know if you're aware of it or not, but Google Docs has a voice to text bit that's pretty useful. If you've got a mic on your compy, you might give it a try.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri May 06, 2016 4:10 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I do a lot of wacky things in my spare time and consider myself young for my age, but here I can't keep up with two ten year olds and a 12 year old. My cousins girls are wearing me out.

Yep. You always think you are young until you hang out with younger people.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri May 06, 2016 4:03 pm

I do a lot of wacky things in my spare time and consider myself young for my age, but here I can't keep up with two ten year olds and a 12 year old. My cousins girls are wearing me out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:37 pm