TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
kegs
Patch
6 posters

The Time Has Come

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

The Time Has Come - Page 9 Empty Re: The Time Has Come

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Just got home from another funeral. Tomorrow is the service..I really hate it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Also, poll of the day is up.

By the way, as a request, when a new thread is started, could someone post in the old one. I had it up all last night looking for new messages.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:26 pm

James.k.Polk wrote: Work is getting better though,  because the girl is getting promoted out of my store to an area manager position and I won't have to deal with her or split my commission / bonus any more..   Yay me.

Great to hear! I'm so happy for ya on that score!
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:23 pm

I just don't have much to say. Busy getting ready for the move and I doubt anyone wants to hear me ramble about the farm over weekend.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Patch wrote:I have been lame for a few weeks. I hurt my heel and it just keeps nagging at me. I can't stay still and prop my leg up so it's back and forth. I've been wearing a boot on it and it works great. The next day it won't bother me for hours, but last night I hyper extended my knee when the boot got hung up in the yard. So now it's a knee brace as well.

It's throwing off my game. Can't work out regularly, cant hit the tread mill regularly, but still want to enjoy summer. I played football with the boys on fathers day and could barely walk the next day. I just got over a bum elbow that kept me from working out with weights now this. Getting old I guess.

That's coincidental. I had irritated my Achilles tendon back in April. It finally got better when I switched out of a pair of shoes that was wearing out. Now my foot hurts a different way. There's redness and swelling near the knuckle (?) of the big toe and I suspect these newer shoes are the cause.

But I was never big on the working out and thus just gives me the excuse to sit around the house.

There's a new exhibit of classical Spanish art being displayed somewhere. Maybe tomorrow I go fi d it.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Afternoon guys. I've got two days off and nothing I have to do, nowhere I have to be. Life is nice and relaxed.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:00 pm

I have been lame for a few weeks. I hurt my heel and it just keeps nagging at me. I can't stay still and prop my leg up so it's back and forth. I've been wearing a boot on it and it works great. The next day it won't bother me for hours, but last night I hyper extended my knee when the boot got hung up in the yard. So now it's a knee brace as well.

It's throwing off my game. Can't work out regularly, cant hit the tread mill regularly, but still want to enjoy summer. I played football with the boys on fathers day and could barely walk the next day. I just got over a bum elbow that kept me from working out with weights now this. Getting old I guess.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Everybody's busy. I'm too busy to hang out too. Which is the pity because I'm also feeling kind of isolated and adrift. Work is getting better though, because the girl is getting promoted out of my store to an area manager position and I won't have to deal with her or split my commission / bonus any more.. Yay me.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:09 pm

This summer is pretty busy for me, right now, anyway. 2 classes, keeping up with my overgrown yard, planning a bridal shower and then for a bachelorette party, and then gearing up for the wedding. Sleeping and working.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:28 am

I just don't have as much time over the summer to goof off. When school is in I have the place to myself so I could hang out. Now I'd feel bad burning off hours that I can spend with the kids and wife
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:56 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:he says page views are the same and not dropping..but its  not the same.

He said that one week after the change.  I think the comments on the weekend open thread indicate something else.  Seriously hae you looked?  8 out of 10 comments this weekend are by that Gallen guy.  And much of his contribution is to make a comment designed to show he knows more about whatever is being talked about than anyone else.

I've been gone all weekend but since we started the facebook group and this page here I haven't visited the weekend thread in a long time.

I go there on saturday morning to post my land of the lost summary.  other than that...

yikes.

Oh well..Hopefully they'll get something else soon.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:50 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:he says page views are the same and not dropping..but its  not the same.

He said that one week after the change.  I think the comments on the weekend open thread indicate something else.  Seriously hae you looked?  8 out of 10 comments this weekend are by that Gallen guy.  And much of his contribution is to make a comment designed to show he knows more about whatever is being talked about than anyone else.

I've been gone all weekend but since we started the facebook group and this page here I haven't visited the weekend thread in a long time.

I go there on saturday morning to post my land of the lost summary. other than that...

yikes.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:43 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:34 pm

He said that one week after the change. I think the comments on the weekend open thread indicate something else. Seriously hae you looked? 8 out of 10 comments this weekend are by that Gallen guy. And much of his contribution is to make a comment designed to show he knows more about whatever is being talked about than anyone else.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 pm

he says page views are the same and not dropping..but its not the same.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

The Time Has Come - Page 9 Empty The Time Has Come

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:13 pm

for a new haunt thread. Where is everyone? I'm really hating that we no longer have livefyre.

Part of me wants to punish Village Voice Media by visiting Topless Robot less and less. I'm conflicted because Luke doesn't deserve a drop in statistics that might lead to a divestiture of the site, but the angry vindictive part of me still has it's say.

Any way if anyone's around give me a shout or holler at me on Facebook messenger.

Sundays are boring and I don't even have the sunday night live snarking to entertain me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 am