TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
kegs
Patch
6 posters

The Time Has Come

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

The Time Has Come - Page 3 Empty Re: The Time Has Come

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:58 pm

My boss asked me to sit in with them when he went over the issues on the spreadsheet. She sat with her arms crossed and gave that "mhmm" answer to everything he asked her. He asked if she had any questions, she said no, he said good, and she got up and walked out.

This is eerily similar to the last coworker and our meeting in the library. I hope she comes to work tomorrow. Mostly. I'm about 80/20 on that right now.

rkwsuperstar wrote:You guys are getting all my coworker ventings, because who else can I tell, and besides, you don't have to read this anyway.  My boss asked Coworker to come up with a spreadsheet of spending to-date by our research farm (our fiscal year ends Aug. 31).  This is part of her job.  The budget they have for the year is just under $60,000, and she reported that they spent over $200,000.  Why?  Because she didn't realize that the report she was looking at for each month was an accumulation of the previous months and she should actually be using the individual totals rather than the monthly.  She argued with my boss, and didn't seem to get that there is no way they could  spend more than 3x times the money they have.  She's now pouting in her office with the door shut, despite being told numerous times that she must leave her door open so people can turn in receipts, come to her for purchase orders, etc.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:34 pm

Polk, I'm still considering my Jem cosplay for the next DCC. Wig, light-up earrings have been located. Makeup is easy. The costume is my issue. I will continue considering it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:20 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:You guys are getting all my coworker ventings, because who else can I tell, and besides, you don't have to read this anyway.  My boss asked Coworker to come up with a spreadsheet of spending to-date by our research farm (our fiscal year ends Aug. 31).  This is part of her job.  The budget they have for the year is just under $60,000, and she reported that they spent over $200,000.  Why?  Because she didn't realize that the report she was looking at for each month was an accumulation of the previous months and she should actually be using the individual totals rather than the monthly.  She argued with my boss, and didn't seem to get that there is no way they could  spend more than 3x times the money they have.  She's now pouting in her office with the door shut, despite being told numerous times that she must leave her door open so people can turn in receipts, come to her for purchase orders, etc.

How. Long before the big boys decide she "isn't working out'?

I have one employee were fixing to transfer to a slower store because this person is not picking up the process in a meaningful way.

I don't know. The state has all kinds of rules. I do know he was told to keep a file of her problems, to communicate with her by email so there is a record, that kind of thing. Because you can't just let her go, you have to present a case, and it has to be first approved by our resident director, and then by the agency director in conjunction with HR. But he feels sympathetic for her-she has a young son, she's going through a divorce, she just got an apartment because "my mom doesn't understand that I'm not a little girl anymore!" Now, I don't have an issue with her moving out on her own, of course that should be her goal, but the problem seems to be that she wants to go out with her new boyfriend all the time, and expects her parents to watch her son, and she doesn't pay rent or anything else to the bills, yet expects to be able to do whatever the hell she feels like, and her mom doesn't agree. I'm clearly on the mother's side and that makes me feel old. I should look at it as responsible adult, but old is more appropriate. He also knows her parents. So he's hesitant to do anything, plus he knows how hard it was on me to do both jobs, and we are gearing up for the end of the fiscal year budget issues.

Personally, I think if he had been stricter with her in the beginning, we would be in better shape. She still wouldn't be able to spell, but maybe she'd be more receptive to learning. Just like today-she shut her door to pout, and instead of going back in there and telling her that her door is to be open during business hours, as he's told her before, he's letting it go. And it's not a big deal, I guess, but there's going to come a day when one of us has to open it to get at some file, and she's going to get mad because it wasn't an issue last time.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:10 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

If I didn't know it was such a pain in the ass for your, I'd be laughing at your coworker's stupidness.

I truly believe that she has a learning disorder that is either undiagnosed or that she refuses to deal with. Like dyslexia or something. I feel bad for her, but DAMN.

And if she had a better attitude about it, I'd be more sympathetic. "I know I can't spell" or "I know I can't add or subtract" or "I feel so terrible that I'm still having trouble." Instead she argues that she did it correctly, or ignores you when you point out a problem, or my personal favorite (please note the sarcasm), that she is learning this information for the first time today!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:51 pm

How. Long before the big boys decide she "isn't working out'?

I have one employee were fixing to transfer to a slower store because this person is not picking up the process in a meaningful way.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:45 pm

New Poll is up.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:44 pm

If I didn't know it was such a pain in the ass for your, I'd be laughing at your coworker's stupidness.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:39 pm

You guys are getting all my coworker ventings, because who else can I tell, and besides, you don't have to read this anyway. My boss asked Coworker to come up with a spreadsheet of spending to-date by our research farm (our fiscal year ends Aug. 31). This is part of her job. The budget they have for the year is just under $60,000, and she reported that they spent over $200,000. Why? Because she didn't realize that the report she was looking at for each month was an accumulation of the previous months and she should actually be using the individual totals rather than the monthly. She argued with my boss, and didn't seem to get that there is no way they could spend more than 3x times the money they have. She's now pouting in her office with the door shut, despite being told numerous times that she must leave her door open so people can turn in receipts, come to her for purchase orders, etc.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:33 pm

I thought this was a cool cover
    The Time Has Come - Page 3 IMjVywW
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:32 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. How y'all doing?

Watching Conan in Cuba.

My first thought is a movie about Conan the Barbarian visiting Cuba, and I would totally watch that.

yesssssss.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:31 am

Watching Conan in Cuba.

My first thought is a movie about Conan the Barbarian visiting Cuba, and I would totally watch that.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:29 am

Watching Conan in Cuba.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi guys. How y'all doing?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Doc's idea is epic but I'm not sure you have drank enough to pull it off
    I say you drop down to our talent section and work on a some art for our main page.  I stole the haunt pic from another site.

I'm out of here Thursday morning and won't be back till Monday. I'm sure I'll check I'm from time to time. Hope yall have a good rest of the week and weekend
    Love you guys and gal. Wink

we have a talent page??

Patch made some new tabs. Go to the home link and check them out.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Patch wrote:Doc's idea is epic but I'm not sure you have drank enough to pull it off
    I say you drop down to our talent section and work on a some art for our main page.  I stole the haunt pic from another site.

I'm out of here Thursday morning and won't be back till Monday. I'm sure I'll check I'm from time to time. Hope yall have a good rest of the week and weekend

we have a talent page??
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 pm

Doc's idea is epic but I'm not sure you have drank enough to pull it off
    I say you drop down to our talent section and work on a some art for our main page. I stole the haunt pic from another site.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:59 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:feel like I should be trying to do something creative but I am uninspired.

Any suggestions?

What happened to your Oklahoma/Land of the Lost mashup?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:feel like I should be trying to do something creative but I am uninspired.

Any suggestions?

Cut off all your hair while wearing weird make up like Peter Gabriel in Genesis while you tuck your junk back and sing a song protesting Japanese whalers.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:41 pm

feel like I should be trying to do something creative but I am uninspired.

Any suggestions?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:40 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good morning gang.

The Time Has Come - Page 3 Tumblr10

Because somebody has to be our Dr.Gonzo. We all chose you. Live with it.

Timely could do it..

You're alive so that I can post suggestive photos, and imply that they represent you and Timely.

This is what my life has come to....lol.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm

kegs wrote:

Timely could do it..

You're alive so that I can post suggestive photos, and imply that they represent you and Timely.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:48 pm

kegs wrote:

Timely could do it..
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:32 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Well I am off to the Meadows museum in Dallas to look at their collection of Spanish art.

I think this will be a good use of my day.

Pictures will follow provided they allow me to take them.

Don't take pictures... take the art.

I did get pictures. Some from galleries where I was not supposed to be taking them. I'm a rebel, I am.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Well I am off to the Meadows museum in Dallas to look at their collection of Spanish art.

Don't take pictures... take the art.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:26 am

Well I am off to the Meadows museum in Dallas to look at their collection of Spanish art.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:47 pm