TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by Patch Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:13 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    So, my question is, why?  If you are into me, but don't think I'm into you, why ask me to come over for a hook-up?  Is it just a feeling of what is there to lose?  Beyond making me lose whatever attraction there may have been?  Also, this is the 3rd guy in the past month who made a sexual pass at me but expressed no actual interest in dating me, which makes me wonder what vibes I'm putting out.  

I knew some guys that made advances on anyone because eventually one would accept. I never understood it. First, rejection 9 out of 10 times would eat at me. Secondly, in my single days, the one night stand sounded better than it actually was. Minimal connection with someone, isn't that appealing.

As to the vibe you may or may not be putting out, where you were and like Polk mentioned, was alcohol was involved, might be part of it. Most of the guys I know, including myself, think we are smarter, better looking, smoother, funnier and better athletes, once we start drinking. So that embolden state probably leads them to think, "How could she not want me"

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:57 pm

That reminds me, isn't the Peanuts movie due out soon? I'm still cautiously optimistic about that.

James.k.Polk wrote:In other news,

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown comes on next Tuesday.

I get tuesdays off.  Yay!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:56 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Since Nebsy isn't feeling well, I put up a poll today.  

Thanks Arkay. It's a good poll.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:01 pm

In other news,

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown comes on next Tuesday.

I get tuesdays off. Yay!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:07 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm not sure if "romance penis" is a better name for it than "B.O.B." or not.

Other noteworthy "Bobs"

http://www.bobnewhart.com/
    http://twinpeaks.wikia.com/wiki/BOB
    http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/B.O.B.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:55 am

I'm not sure if "romance penis" is a better name for it than "B.O.B." or not.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:42 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I've been up all night doing homework and/or goofing off, and my cold has gotten slightly worse. So, I'm gonna try and sleep it off. I'll see you guys later today or tonight... maybe tomorrow. Nothing feels certain right now.

Except the love of Timely and I.

Like button.

I wrote that just for you to soothe your romance pains.

I read that as "romance penis"

Well, she does have a romance penis.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:I've been up all night doing homework and/or goofing off, and my cold has gotten slightly worse. So, I'm gonna try and sleep it off. I'll see you guys later today or tonight... maybe tomorrow. Nothing feels certain right now.

Like button.

I read that as "romance penis"
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:24 am

Since Nebsy isn't feeling well, I put up a poll today.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:23 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Like button.

Yea, rub it in. You have your soulmate.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:17 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Like button.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:16 am

Like button.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:14 am

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:13 am

I've been up all night doing homework and/or goofing off, and my cold has gotten slightly worse. So, I'm gonna try and sleep it off. I'll see you guys later today or tonight... maybe tomorrow. Nothing feels certain right now.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:04 am

Soulmates will always find a way back to each other.

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I have a boy question for you guys.  Friday night I went out with my friend and her new husband (this is whose wedding I was in as MOH).  One of his co-workers met us out there.  I don't think it was a set up, I think it was just people hanging out and inviting other people.  He and I danced (country dancing, no booty-dancing/humping).  He seemed to be flirting a little, but not a lot and not in a way that I took to be serious.  I wasn't really into it, so I wasn't flirting back, so maybe that's why.  Anyway, we decided to go to a different place about 11, and he was going home.  He then started making pretty aggressive suggestions about me coming over to his apartment.  Him: "Where are you guys going?"  Me: "Broken Tap, there's no cover."  Him: "I'll take the blanket off my bed, and there won't be a cover at my place."  Uh.  

So, my question is, why?  If you are into me, but don't think I'm into you, why ask me to come over for a hook-up?  Is it just a feeling of what is there to lose?  Beyond making me lose whatever attraction there may have been?  Also, this is the 3rd guy in the past month who made a sexual pass at me but expressed no actual interest in dating me, which makes me wonder what vibes I'm putting out.  

I kind of understand his guy.

He's awkward and probably lonely.  he hears his buddies talk about bar hookups (or watches them accomplish the task)

He sees forwardness and a "funny" line as the difference maker.  He isn't smart enough to make up something witty on the spot so he waits for an opening.  My brother is like this guy.  He was going to a local gym in our hometown. The lady at the desk was close to his age and he *thought* she was being friendly enough that he could ask her out.  She shot him down with a "what could possibly make you think..." line and he was devastated.

People get where they will try anything to get some attention and it's sad because those people almost always misread signals and focus on someone with no particular connection.

We're told that "you never make the shot you don't take" so we swing the bat, awkwardly and end up pulling a hamstring and limping home.

This is why I've resigned myself to growing old alone.

Maybe that's the case, that he doesn't have good luck with women, or whatever.  But why is it that his first come-on was an invite to sex it up, and not something else?  That's my issue.  Whether you think I'm interested or not sure, why don't you ask for my phone number, or actually ask me out, rather than make creepy suggestions about me coming over?  Because the signal that sends me, is that you aren't actually interested in me, you are just interested in getting it on with somebody.

Well, yeah.  we live in a culture where people *think* that one meets a sex partner and then decides if that person make a good companion in other areas of life.  we men often confuse horniness with other feelings.  How many of your friends are dating or married to someone that they "met at a bar"?

While these guys are probably just looking for a hookup and not aware of how their own awkwardness and alcohol affect their game, it's also a given that a significant portion of the population actually date the people they meet and/or hook up with.

I don't have a problem dating someone I met at a bar.  I have a problem with someone who thinks we're gonna hook up first.  Also probably why I'm still single.

I hit it and quit it.

We know, and you broke poor Timely's heart you joik.

Timely cheated on me with Hot Kinky Jo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:00 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I have a boy question for you guys.  Friday night I went out with my friend and her new husband (this is whose wedding I was in as MOH).  One of his co-workers met us out there.  I don't think it was a set up, I think it was just people hanging out and inviting other people.  He and I danced (country dancing, no booty-dancing/humping).  He seemed to be flirting a little, but not a lot and not in a way that I took to be serious.  I wasn't really into it, so I wasn't flirting back, so maybe that's why.  Anyway, we decided to go to a different place about 11, and he was going home.  He then started making pretty aggressive suggestions about me coming over to his apartment.  Him: "Where are you guys going?"  Me: "Broken Tap, there's no cover."  Him: "I'll take the blanket off my bed, and there won't be a cover at my place."  Uh.  

He's awkward and probably lonely.  he hears his buddies talk about bar hookups (or watches them accomplish the task)

He sees forwardness and a "funny" line as the difference maker.  He isn't smart enough to make up something witty on the spot so he waits for an opening.  My brother is like this guy.  He was going to a local gym in our hometown. The lady at the desk was close to his age and he *thought* she was being friendly enough that he could ask her out.  She shot him down with a "what could possibly make you think..." line and he was devastated.

People get where they will try anything to get some attention and it's sad because those people almost always misread signals and focus on someone with no particular connection.

We're told that "you never make the shot you don't take" so we swing the bat, awkwardly and end up pulling a hamstring and limping home.

Maybe that's the case, that he doesn't have good luck with women, or whatever.  But why is it that his first come-on was an invite to sex it up, and not something else?  That's my issue.  Whether you think I'm interested or not sure, why don't you ask for my phone number, or actually ask me out, rather than make creepy suggestions about me coming over?  Because the signal that sends me, is that you aren't actually interested in me, you are just interested in getting it on with somebody.

Well, yeah.  we live in a culture where people *think* that one meets a sex partner and then decides if that person make a good companion in other areas of life.  we men often confuse horniness with other feelings.  How many of your friends are dating or married to someone that they "met at a bar"?

While these guys are probably just looking for a hookup and not aware of how their own awkwardness and alcohol affect their game, it's also a given that a significant portion of the population actually date the people they meet and/or hook up with.

I don't have a problem dating someone I met at a bar.  I have a problem with someone who thinks we're gonna hook up first.  Also probably why I'm still single.

I hit it and quit it.

Timely cheated on me with Hot Kinky Jo
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:59 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I hit it and quit it.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:57 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I hit it and quit it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I don't have a problem dating someone I met at a bar. I have a problem with someone who thinks we're gonna hook up first. Also probably why I'm still single.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:41 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Well, yeah. we live in a culture where people *think* that one meets a sex partner and then decides if that person make a good companion in other areas of life. we men often confuse horniness with other feelings. How many of your friends are dating or married to someone that they "met at a bar"?

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Maybe that's the case, that he doesn't have good luck with women, or whatever. But why is it that his first come-on was an invite to sex it up, and not something else? That's my issue. Whether you think I'm interested or not sure, why don't you ask for my phone number, or actually ask me out, rather than make creepy suggestions about me coming over? Because the signal that sends me, is that you aren't actually interested in me, you are just interested in getting it on with somebody.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:26 am

He's awkward and probably lonely. he hears his buddies talk about bar hookups (or watches them accomplish the task)

He sees forwardness and a "funny" line as the difference maker. He isn't smart enough to make up something witty on the spot so he waits for an opening. My brother is like this guy. He was going to a local gym in our hometown. The lady at the desk was close to his age and he *thought* she was being friendly enough that he could ask her out. She shot him down with a "what could possibly make you think..." line and he was devastated.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:01 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Maybe the guy was clueless/confident enough to assume that you were into him, despite that not being the case. As for the thought process behind making a pass like that, I have no idea. I've never had the courage to try anything close to that with someone I've just met. Unless I'd arranged to meet that person for a date, I'd be too nervous to ask for a phone number, much less offer sex.

I don't know what kind of vibes you are or aren't putting out, but it may be less to do with your vibes, and more to do with the bad luck of encountering guys that just want a quick thrill.

Better luck next time.

Guys are freaking stupid, bottom line.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Maybe the guy was clueless/confident enough to assume that you were into him, despite that not being the case. As for the thought process behind making a pass like that, I have no idea. I've never had the courage to try anything close to that with someone I've just met. Unless I'd arranged to meet that person for a date, I'd be too nervous to ask for a phone number, much less offer sex.

I don't know what kind of vibes you are or aren't putting out, but it may be less to do with your vibes, and more to do with the bad luck of encountering guys that just want a quick thrill.

Better luck next time.

Thanks. I don't know if it would have bothered me, if it hadn't happened 2 other times recently. Starts to make you question yourself.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:31 am

Better luck next time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:45 am