TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by Patch Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:57 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:  So, I've decided it's gotta be me.  I'm doing something that I don't realize that makes these jackasses think I want to hook up.  Of course, I don't know what it is, so I don't know how to stop doing it.

I think it's time you come to terms with the fact you are irresistible. It's a hard thing to have to deal with, but it's your lot in life now.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:42 am

A friend of mine hosted a birthday party for 2 of her friends. It was Halloween themed and we were supposed to dress up. Well, I dressed up, and the 2 birthday girls, and their husbands. That's it. So that was fun. Of course, the 2 ladies were in slutty costumes, and every time they bent over, their asses were flashed. They had their children in attendance, most in the 20s, so I'm sure their kids enjoyed seeing that. My friends jammed in the backyard, it was nice.

However. Yet another man-jerk situation. Some of you may remember about a year ago, I mentioned that my friend Brady passed away when his brain cancer came back. One of his friends was at this party. Not someone I was very close with, but we'd all sort of hang out together. We talked about Brady a little, but most of our conversations were with the group. We were never alone and I was in no way flirting with this guy. However, this guy seemed to be unaware that I knew his girlfriend (she's Coworker) or even that I knew he had a girlfriend at all. At one point in the evening he asked if he could kiss me (we were in a group playing cards against humanity, and he just leans over to ask me this). My answer was no. I didn't say anything about knowing his gf. I don't want to open can of worms with the chick I have to work with. So, I've decided it's gotta be me. I'm doing something that I don't realize that makes these jackasses think I want to hook up. Of course, I don't know what it is, so I don't know how to stop doing it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:46 am

Good morning y'all

Let me start with a completely minor work/bitch. It's Monday, the day I have an all-day set of administrative/non-sales tasks to get done.

I have to check and edit timesheeets, perform a store audit, reconcile, pack, and ship buyback phones, prepare returned phones for shipment. prepare "giveback" phones for shipment, receive an accessory order, prepare a new handsets order... I'm probably forgetting a few things.

SO what am I going to be doing instead? I'm going to be sitting in an meeting room with all the other store managers all day doing a monthly training session.

sigh.

Also this time I am making my co-manager come with me. I like this guy-- I've worked with him for about 18 months and we get along pretty good. He's going to hate this meeting.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 pm

kegs wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Pfft.

Big Alice acts all tough.  But in the end she just lets them roll her big giant egg away.

Why did she not simply eat all three of them?

The dinosaur animation is pretty good though.  They have her crouching down like a cat about to pounce.  It's pretty convincing for claymation.

AAAND a baby Allosaurus hatched.

Junior sounds like a squeeky hinge but he's cute for a meat-eating monster.

Maybe Big Alice thought she was allowing her egg to be adopted.  She thought was giving her child a future.

No, she definitely wanted little screechy back.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:54 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Pfft.

Big Alice acts all tough.  But in the end she just lets them roll her big giant egg away.

The dinosaur animation is pretty good though.  They have her crouching down like a cat about to pounce.  It's pretty convincing for claymation.

Maybe Big Alice thought she was allowing her egg to be adopted. She thought was giving her child a future.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:51 am

Pfft.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:51 am

Pfft.

Big Alice acts all tough. But in the end she just lets them roll her big giant egg away.

The dinosaur animation is pretty good though. They have her crouching down like a cat about to pounce. It's pretty convincing for claymation.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 am

OK Chaka has to steal one of Big Alice's eggs.  She's the Big Allosaurus, get it.

WHY is Big Alice's egg just laying there on the ground out in the open?

And here comes Alice. She does look pissed.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:37 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: The Test.

Ta, Sa, and Chaka are doing a ritual together in front of a six foot long dinosaur egg.  Ta puts some white goo on Chaka's forehead... Looks like it's time for Chaka's coming-of-age.

Or Ta's just being a dick to Chaka as usual.

"Oganza Bimeche" = Big Man.  Yep. it's Pacuni manhood ritual.

LOL his "tribe" consists of Ta and Sa.

OK Chaka has to steal one of Big Alice's eggs. She's the Big Allosaurus, get it.

Will decides he has to help Chaka. Anyone ever notice how the guy who played Will Marshall is just listed as "Wesley" in the credits.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:35 am

Land of the Lost: The Test.

Ta, Sa, and Chaka are doing a ritual together in front of a six foot long dinosaur egg. Ta puts some white goo on Chaka's forehead... Looks like it's time for Chaka's coming-of-age.

Or Ta's just being a dick to Chaka as usual.

"Oganza Bimeche" = Big Man. Yep. it's Pacuni manhood ritual.

LOL his "tribe" consists of Ta and Sa.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Today was a pretty successful day. I went to the DHS office and got things sorted out on my food stamps. Afterward I went to a place that's hiring customer service reps for doing chat support and did an interview. It went well and I think I'll probably hear back from them soon. After that I went to work, and had a chance to talk with my boss about the missing hours on my pay check. He figured out the problem, which is that a couple weeks back when the computer we clock in and out on was having problems, and we had to write down our time so a manager could adjust it on the computer later, one of my shifts ended up slipping through. He'll sort that out as soon as he can.

I find myself feeling a lot better than I did last night.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:44 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Patch you ever heard of a place in Burleson called Gambinos?  

I was craving pasta and didn't want to pay olive garden prices so iI looked it up. It's kind of outside of town on Renfro. Went there. Regretted it.

I ordered lasagna and a tea.  Guy behind the counter says "I don't got any tea made.  It'll be a few minutes."

Just give me water then.

Ten minutes later my food is delivered to my table in a pizza box..  I open it.  There's an aluminum container with a paper lid. Two not  inedible bread sticks.  Open the aluminum container.  There's a "lasagna"  inside that might as well have been a stouffer's entree from Walmart.  One bite.  Dried out noodles.   Second bite.  Cold cheese.

I wrapped it all back up and left...  I took my knife and fork with me.  For ten bucks if I can't eat this garbage at least iI getutensils iI can use at work.

Now iI am at fuzzys tacos eating nachos

I never had their pasta, but the pizza was great. It was my favorite place until Little Bothers opened. They sell by the slice so it kept me from eating a whole pie. Gambino's may have changed hands since last time I went. Have you tried Little Brothers?

I like Little Brothers. It was 1:00 and there was only one couple in the dining area. I have rarely seen a restaurant that seemed to have less interest in being a restaurant.

The first thing you see there is a sign reading "we no longer do any kind of buffet."

I'm okay with that but uIintend need a whole pizza to myself so iIchose pasta which is what I wanted anyway. I brought the lasagna back and gave it away. The kid couldn't eat it either. e
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:01 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Created another fake book account. Can one of you send me the TR Haunt page? Since it's closed I cant find it.

Who all did you designate as administrators for that group?  Maybe just message them and have them re-add you.

I'm an admin.  I'll get you.

Thank ya much. Wonder how long before they sniff this account out. My next one will be call Fake Fbaccount
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:59 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Patch you ever heard of a place in Burleson called Gambinos?  

I was craving pasta and didn't want to pay olive garden prices so iI looked it up. It's kind of outside of town on Renfro. Went there. Regretted it.

I ordered lasagna and a tea.  Guy behind the counter says "I don't got any tea made.  It'll be a few minutes."

Just give me water then.

Ten minutes later my food is delivered to my table in a pizza box..  I open it.  There's an aluminum container with a paper lid. Two not  inedible bread sticks.  Open the aluminum container.  There's a "lasagna"  inside that might as well have been a stouffer's entree from Walmart.  One bite.  Dried out noodles.   Second bite.  Cold cheese.

I wrapped it all back up and left...  I took my knife and fork with me.  For ten bucks if I can't eat this garbage at least iI getutensils iI can use at work.

I never had their pasta, but the pizza was great. It was my favorite place until Little Bothers opened. They sell by the slice so it kept me from eating a whole pie. Gambino's may have changed hands since last time I went. Have you tried Little Brothers?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:59 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Created another fake book account. Can one of you send me the TR Haunt page? Since it's closed I cant find it.

Who all did you designate as administrators for that group?  Maybe just message them and have them re-add you.

I'm an admin. I'll get you.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm off to run some errands before work.

Also, there's a new poll up.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:54 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Nebs,

In all seriousness, why don't you call the therapist and ask her for her reasoning behind her decision?

Maybe it's about missed appointments, maybe it's something else. While it might be troubling to hear her reasons, it might also give you some direction for your next steps.  And wouldn't it be awesome if her answer was "you're doing fine and my time can be better spent helping someone who is not yet on the right path?"

I did call yesterday and left a message. I haven't heard back from her yet.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Who all did you designate as administrators for that group? Maybe just message them and have them re-add you.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Patch you ever heard of a place in Burleson called Gambinos?

I ordered lasagna and a tea. Guy behind the counter says "I don't got any tea made. It'll be a few minutes."

Just give me water then.

Ten minutes later my food is delivered to my table in a pizza box.. I open it. There's an aluminum container with a paper lid. Two not inedible bread sticks. Open the aluminum container. There's a "lasagna" inside that might as well have been a stouffer's entree from Walmart. One bite. Dried out noodles. Second bite. Cold cheese.

I wrapped it all back up and left... I took my knife and fork with me. For ten bucks if I can't eat this garbage at least iI getutensils iI can use at work.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm

Created another fake book account. Can one of you send me the TR Haunt page? Since it's closed I cant find it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 am

Patch wrote:Back to the Ask Luke's Mother in law topic. When I checked it out yesterday to see Polk's mystery comment, I noticed Gallen had asked "Why do fools fall in love?"

This made me want to send in random song questions, just to derail things.  

Who let the dogs out?
    Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?
    How long has this been going on?
    Have you ever seen the rain?
    What is Love?
    What's cooler than being cool? Technically this was answered in the song, but everyone has an opinion.

I like Martha so I'll resist my evil side.

That's funny
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

Back to the Ask Luke's Mother in law topic. When I checked it out yesterday to see Polk's mystery comment, I noticed Gallen had asked "Why do fools fall in love?"

This made me want to send in random song questions, just to derail things.

Who let the dogs out?
    Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near?
    How long has this been going on?
    Have you ever seen the rain?
    What is Love?
    What's cooler than being cool? Technically this was answered in the song, but everyone has an opinion.

I like Martha so I'll resist my evil side.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:24 am

In "you learn something new every day" news

Do not grease your garage door if it's starts to squeal. I never had an automatic garage door opener, so yesterday after it squeaked, I ran some grease down the rail. It F'ed it up good. Wouldn't go up all the way, wouldn't go down. Bounced up and down.

In other "you learn something new every day" news

Paint thinner will clean up the grease and get you all manner of dizzy in a closed garage (the only way to get to the rail)

It's back to normal now. A quick internet search and some WD-40 could have prevented this.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:19 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Well that's okay.  I'm looking forward to getting together with you when ever the schedules can fit.  Maybe we shoot guns again.  My family will love hearing about Polk's big shootem up from this summer.  Also now it's not hot so we could shoot more without the sunburn and the sweaty.

Sounds great. I am doing a trade for a Police sharpshooter, this weekend. I have been wanting something I could hunt with since one of our customers has a exotic game ranch and has offered us a free hunt and taxidermy. I haven't hunted anything bigger than a rabbit in a few decades, but it's hard to pass up this trip. Plus I'd like to see if long range shooting is something I'd enjoy. That range we went to has a 1000 yd range. It would be cool to take a few shots at that distance. There is a lot of math involved, so I might not enjoy it as much as I think I will. affraid

I also got a new handgun I've been wanting to try out.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:59 am

Patch wrote:Happy Friday campers. Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Polk, My brother in law's birthday is this weekend. He's coming to town for a get together so I can't hunt down a beer with you Saturday. I'll let you know next time I'm out that way. I'm ready for a cold beer or two, soon.

Supes, butts butts butts.... and legs.

Kegs, Did all the coffee girls escape?

Jack, Sorry to hear about your therapist. I hope you can find another willing to work with you and your schedule. I'm not sure what you are going through, but I have someone close to me struggling with depression. She went through the same thing, losing her therapist due to a few canceled appointments (if that's the case). It turned out to be a good thing, because her new one is much better and holds her accountable. Things like exercise, sleep and diet, are factors in depression, things she was ignoring advice on previously.
    She still has her days but once her new therapist sat down and laid out "You came to me for help. I'm telling how I can help. If you don't follow the advice, you are wasting our time" She got it.
    I hope you find a better therapist and get the help you need to make it better.  

And to Gonzo who never comes around anymore, probably because he's been trying on hipster glasses, and beanies. Hope you are doing good.

Well that's okay. I'm looking forward to getting together with you when ever the schedules can fit. Maybe we shoot guns again. My family will love hearing about Polk's big shootem up from this summer. Also now it's not hot so we could shoot more without the sunburn and the sweaty.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:33 pm