TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
James.k.Polk
Patch
NebulaJack
7 posters

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:32 am

Patch wrote:I got a bonus secret Santa. Speed Racer, who I guess had my name last year, wasn't able to send anything. So he did this year. Got a cool Star Wars shirt, some comics and a Star Wars candy cane.

I tricked Gonzo into telling me something he likes and I bought it for him.

Shhhhhhh...

He doesn't know yet.
    Patch
    Patch

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 6 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by Patch Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:27 am

I got a bonus secret Santa. Speed Racer, who I guess had my name last year, wasn't able to send anything. So he did this year. Got a cool Star Wars shirt, some comics and a Star Wars candy cane.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:God damn special snowflakes.

Text from the newest kid at work: Can you start scheduling me for one weekday and one weekend day off. I really dislike having Monday then Wednesday off and working all weekend. Thank you.

No. I am not planning on guaranteeing you one weekend day off every schedule.

Why do you have a job in retail if you don't want to work weekends?

Oh I'll work with my kids'schedules. But I'm not giving the two newest, lest useful people days off that my other people would kill for. After December 31, I don't care. Right now, screw em.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:21 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Text from the newest kid at work: Can you start scheduling me for one weekday and one weekend day off. I really dislike having Monday then Wednesday off and working all weekend. Thank you.

I work in retail part time. My availability says not until after 6pm and not on Saturdays. I still get scheduled at 1pm sometimes and have to work every weekend. I am close to filing a grievance.

I guess if you have a job that offers that, then you could expect it. But I never had a retail job that cared what my schedule was, beyond the fact that I was unavailable during school hours.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:12 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

I work in retail part time. My availability says not until after 6pm and not on Saturdays. I still get scheduled at 1pm sometimes and have to work every weekend. I am close to filing a grievance.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:23 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Just to beat a dead horse (and I missed most of the Luke talk) I appreciate that Luke built up the site to bring us closer together. I agree that it was not his fault or call to change the commenting system. That doesn't change the fact that doing so, killed the community.

I tried to support the site after the change. I commented on stuff but there was no interaction, just the occasional like. I continued to comment on stuff, hoping it would improve, but it didn't. The current layout makes it easy to miss stuff I might find interesting. So when I do go there I usually don't see anything on the main page, that makes me want to dig deeper. Luke has said on more than one occasion, that the change has not hurt the site, so I'm happy for him. It did hurt the community feeling we used to have. I hope the site is successful for him and it sounds like it is.

Him being a dick to Polk wasn't cool. Polk supported him when he took over. Polk had the idea to make the weekend thread a weekly hang out, which added thousands of comments to the site each week. When they first bumped heads, I chalked it up to Luke, Polk or both having a bad day. That doesn't seem to be the case. He did seem to be provoking Polk. Then after Polk told him he wouldn't be back, "someone" decides to run a Polk question, taken from the FB site, as if to say "It's all good now" or "Polk said he wouldn't be back, but here he is" It's a dick move, and once again points to him provoking Polk, rather than having a bad day.

The whole thing makes me sad.

I'm ok with it.  I know my pestering him hurt his feelings. So he lashed out. I get it. He has the right to run his site as he sees fit. I have a reason to no longer support it.

What is your reason for now wearing the colonel polk outfit?v

My hair is grey, not white. I'm fat and very much hate having my photo taken. But if you buy the suit AND come here on Halloween next year, I'll wear it.

Gonzo, Polk will be so happy to hang out with you, you could probably convince him to wear a speedo.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:21 am

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:50 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:I only wish my items were as thoughtful as Patch's.

This has been a season of "fuck it, it'll do" for me. Apologies in advance to the people I inflict them on.

Don't feel too bad. I still haven't figured out what to get you guys yet. I might not get something out in the mail until after I fly out to visit my dad in Missouri next week.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Patch wrote:I finished watching Jessica Jones over the weekend. It was great. Killgrave beats out Walking Dead's Governor as the most ruthless, sadistic, bad ass villain on TV. If you haven't seen it, you are missing out.

I'm definitely in agreement here. It's one of the best adaptations when it comes to striking the balance of staying true to source material, and changing things up. Tennant takes the already intimidating character of The Purple Man from the comics and makes him even scarier.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:51 pm

Speaking of Santas and deliveries...I ordered a sweet Zelda sweatshirt damn near a month ago. Do I start swarming their help desk in a series of extremely polite messages? I finally sent one since it's been 27 days. But I'm cold and I want my cool looking sweater now.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Patch wrote:Thanks Gonzo for the awesome gift. I remember you telling me about it when it came out, but I never hunted it down.

I read American Vampires and really enjoyed it. So you did great.
    Thanks again.

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 6 AyJrHRN

Right on. I'm glad you like it. santa
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks Gonzo for the awesome gift. I remember you telling me about it when it came out, but I never hunted it down.

I read American Vampires and really enjoyed it. So you did great.
    Thanks again.

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 6 AyJrHRN
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:36 pm

I only wish my items were as thoughtful as Patch's.

This has been a season of "fuck it, it'll do" for me. Apologies in advance to the people I inflict them on.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:37 am

Patch wrote:

Alright...A...Casserole Dish...lol.

Did I mention remove the batteries and only use water based lube Shocked

You dirty bastard...lol.
    Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:35 am

So a vibrating ona hole or a vibrating fleshlight...thanks for that Patch. That's how I need to start my day.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 am

Did I mention remove the batteries and only use water based lube Shocked
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 am

Patch wrote:Okay Gonzo, yours is on the way. You should get it Wednesday. I had to take something out of the original packaging to get it to fit in the box, so here is your hint. Get it hot and it's not dishwasher safe.
    Jack, I ran out of tape so I'm back at the house trying to find some. Either way yours will be out today.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 am

Okay Gonzo, yours is on the way. You should get it Wednesday. I had to take something out of the original packaging to get it to fit in the box, so here is your hint. Get it hot and it's not dishwasher safe.
    Jack, I ran out of tape so I'm back at the house trying to find some. Either way yours will be out today.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:11 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Patch, the first part of the package should be at your house sometime today. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Sweet. I'm shipping yours and Jack's today. My only concern, is that you may already have something I got you.  

I'm sending Andre's item tomorrow. Yeah, I'm paying for postage to Brazil.

I'm worried my Santa has dumped me. It wouldn't be the first time. I also have inconsequential things to send to Arkay Nebsy, and Gonzo. Bunch of nothing's really.  Patch not trying to leave you out, but you're kind of hard to buy for. In my mind you already have All The Cool Things.

Your santa has been hard at work trying to find you something thoughtful and cool. I know this because I have been in contact with them.

Also, I feel the same way. I didn't know what to get him, but I took a step back and remembered we have some of the same interests so I got him something I thought I would have liked.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:03 am

[quote="James.k.Polk"]
    Patch wrote: Patch not trying to leave you out, but you're kind of hard to buy for. In my mind you already have All The Cool Things.

It's all good brother. Just grab a beer with me from time to time.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:02 am

Are you sending me a large breasted brunette? you can never have too many of them.

Well I tired to touch on all of your passions, so of course a big breasted brunette would have to be included.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:53 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:Just to beat a dead horse (and I missed most of the Luke talk) I appreciate that Luke built up the site to bring us closer together. I agree that it was not his fault or call to change the commenting system. That doesn't change the fact that doing so, killed the community.

I tried to support the site after the change. I commented on stuff but there was no interaction, just the occasional like. I continued to comment on stuff, hoping it would improve, but it didn't. The current layout makes it easy to miss stuff I might find interesting. So when I do go there I usually don't see anything on the main page, that makes me want to dig deeper. Luke has said on more than one occasion, that the change has not hurt the site, so I'm happy for him. It did hurt the community feeling we used to have. I hope the site is successful for him and it sounds like it is.

Him being a dick to Polk wasn't cool. Polk supported him when he took over. Polk had the idea to make the weekend thread a weekly hang out, which added thousands of comments to the site each week. When they first bumped heads, I chalked it up to Luke, Polk or both having a bad day. That doesn't seem to be the case. He did seem to be provoking Polk. Then after Polk told him he wouldn't be back, "someone" decides to run a Polk question, taken from the FB site, as if to say "It's all good now" or "Polk said he wouldn't be back, but here he is" It's a dick move, and once again points to him provoking Polk, rather than having a bad day.

I'm ok with it.  I know my pestering him hurt his feelings. So he lashed out. I get it. He has the right to run his site as he sees fit. I have a reason to no longer support it.

What is your reason for now wearing the colonel polk outfit?v

My hair is grey, not white. I'm fat and very much hate having my photo taken. But if you buy the suit AND come here on Halloween next year, I'll wear it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:51 am

Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Patch, the first part of the package should be at your house sometime today. I am nervous and excited at the same time.

Sweet. I'm shipping yours and Jack's today. My only concern, is that you may already have something I got you.  

I'm sending Andre's item tomorrow. Yeah, I'm paying for postage to Brazil.

I'm worried my Santa has dumped me. It wouldn't be the first time. I also have inconsequential things to send to Arkay Nebsy, and Gonzo. Bunch of nothing's really. Patch not trying to leave you out, but you're kind of hard to buy for. In my mind you already have All The Cool Things.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:50 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

What is your reason for now wearing the colonel polk outfit?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:47 am

I'm ok with it. I know my pestering him hurt his feelings. So he lashed out. I get it. He has the right to run his site as he sees fit. I have a reason to no longer support it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:21 am