TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
James.k.Polk
Patch
NebulaJack
7 posters

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:00 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Good morning everyone. TR's final day sucked, but it didn't have the same level of suck as when the commenting section changed and we were all scrambling to find a place to still connect. So I guess after all my bitching about FB, it did save me from having to go cold turkey. The FB Haunt and this one have been rolling along and I don't see that changing, so here's to you guys and gal.

Schools out early today so I'm burning off some vacation to spend time with the family. We have a big day tomorrow. The ICE display at the Gaylord Texan, snow slides, then the Cowboy game. I hope it's competitive and they haven't tossed the season hunting for a good draft spot. Monday I'm taking the boys to see Star Wars, so I'm avoiding all the spoilers I can. Tuesday my wife and oldest step daughter are hitting the gun range (if it doesn't rain). She has been wanting to go shooting for few weeks. She turn 21 next year and has already asked for a handgun and her concealed carry permit for her birthday. Wednesday or Thursday I'll go see my Mom for Christmas. I got a huge tenderloin for Christmas dinner so I'm sure it will be great (better be for the price they were asking) After that the kids should all have new stuff to keep them distracted and I can try and squeeze on some relaxing time.

I'll be around but not every day. So I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

I was going to go to Star Wars last night at the Supesville theater, but I was dealing with gift-stuff and didn't go.  I might go tonight...

The lady yesterday with the missing gifts...at 5 I went looking for her and her assistant said she was going to bring them "after 5" because she didn't want to put any makeup on and didn't want anyone to see her.  ??  I was up here until almost 7 finishing wrapping and sorting food items and she never showed up, so I went to walmart and bought some jackets just in case.  the families started picking up at 8 this morning, so I wouldn't have time to do anything today if they were missing.  I came in early this morning and there were her gifts.  3 winter coats and 2 pairs of shoes.  I was still missing a couple of toys that were taken off the tree, but oh, well.  Those kids got a few other items.  

I have no life, so I will be around.Also we will start calling you St. Arkay.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be) - Page 4 Empty Re: Holiday __eers (Ch or J as the case may be)

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:I am a little miffed that I did not get mentioned in the list of regulars..I feel like I was an important part of the group as well...Oh well.

You're an important part of our group.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:51 am

Patch wrote:Good morning everyone. TR's final day sucked, but it didn't have the same level of suck as when the commenting section changed and we were all scrambling to find a place to still connect. So I guess after all my bitching about FB, it did save me from having to go cold turkey. The FB Haunt and this one have been rolling along and I don't see that changing, so here's to you guys and gal.

Schools out early today so I'm burning off some vacation to spend time with the family. We have a big day tomorrow. The ICE display at the Gaylord Texan, snow slides, then the Cowboy game. I hope it's competitive and they haven't tossed the season hunting for a good draft spot. Monday I'm taking the boys to see Star Wars, so I'm avoiding all the spoilers I can. Tuesday my wife and oldest step daughter are hitting the gun range (if it doesn't rain). She has been wanting to go shooting for few weeks. She turn 21 next year and has already asked for a handgun and her concealed carry permit for her birthday. Wednesday or Thursday I'll go see my Mom for Christmas. I got a huge tenderloin for Christmas dinner so I'm sure it will be great (better be for the price they were asking) After that the kids should all have new stuff to keep them distracted and I can try and squeeze on some relaxing time.

I was going to go to Star Wars last night at the Supesville theater, but I was dealing with gift-stuff and didn't go. I might go tonight...

The lady yesterday with the missing gifts...at 5 I went looking for her and her assistant said she was going to bring them "after 5" because she didn't want to put any makeup on and didn't want anyone to see her. ?? I was up here until almost 7 finishing wrapping and sorting food items and she never showed up, so I went to walmart and bought some jackets just in case. the families started picking up at 8 this morning, so I wouldn't have time to do anything today if they were missing. I came in early this morning and there were her gifts. 3 winter coats and 2 pairs of shoes. I was still missing a couple of toys that were taken off the tree, but oh, well. Those kids got a few other items.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:49 am

I am a little miffed that I did not get mentioned in the list of regulars..I feel like I was an important part of the group as well...Oh well.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:29 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I'm still mad at Luke. But give me the holidays and I'll probably be ready to,forgive him.

You did get mentioned in the final thread. That was cool
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:27 am

Good morning everyone. TR's final day sucked, but it didn't have the same level of suck as when the commenting section changed and we were all scrambling to find a place to still connect. So I guess after all my bitching about FB, it did save me from having to go cold turkey. The FB Haunt and this one have been rolling along and I don't see that changing, so here's to you guys and gal.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:04 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I hate to see it go even if I haven't visited as often as I use to. The timing sucks for Luke hate to see him out of work especially at this time of year.
    I will say I think the name change probably didn't help. I understand his reasons for it but the timing sucked.  Had he done it before the Facebook change it might not have been as bad. But after seeing comments drop from thousands to hundreds changing the name was a gamble

I guess it should have been more obvious-a lot of changes, really quickly.  The tag line, the Facebook thing to "save money," the name change.  And firing him without warning a week before Christmas pretty well proves that whatever problems people had with LYT, his overlords are total assholes.

He was telling me months before the overhaul that they were wanting to shut the site down. I'm surprised at how long he made it work before they pulled the plug.

This is a company that from finds a way to make a profit from an online prostitution classified ads service. That they couldn't find a way to make money from nerds is criminally stupid. Hell they could have targeted sponsors like toy companies, anime providers. The occasional "sponsored post" would have been tolerated by most readers. I mean, gawker does that all the time and no one loses their shit over it.

No. The reason they shut it down is because no one at village bullshit ever really wanted the t to work. Like the Sprint/ Nextel merger, they bought something, had no idea what made it work, then shit on it until it died.

I'm still mad at Luke. But give me the holidays and I'll probably be ready to,forgive him.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:58 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

I got behind last season after the halfway point, and I haven't gotten around to catching up yet. One of these days I'll get up to speed again.

I did the same with last season. When I got around to watching it, it hooked me again. I have so much on my DVR to catch up on now that I finished Jessica Jones. Shield had the fewest episodes so It's first. Then Arrow.
    Also Jack your Santa is on the way. I sent it priority mail, but not sure what they mean going from here to there.

Thanks man. I'm headed out of state on Monday, so if it's not here before I leave, I'll have something to look forward to when I return. Also, I grabbed some stuff for you, Polk and Arkay. I might not be able to get it sent out til next week, so it'll likely be arriving after Christmas.

Speaking of which, I have a small gift for you Nebsy. I forgot your address though. If you share that with me I'll get it sent. Should I wait until you're back from your trip so it doesn't get stolen from the mail?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

I got behind last season after the halfway point, and I haven't gotten around to catching up yet. One of these days I'll get up to speed again.

I did the same with last season. When I got around to watching it, it hooked me again. I have so much on my DVR to catch up on now that I finished Jessica Jones. Shield had the fewest episodes so It's first. Then Arrow.
    Also Jack your Santa is on the way. I sent it priority mail, but not sure what they mean going from here to there.

Thanks man. I'm headed out of state on Monday, so if it's not here before I leave, I'll have something to look forward to when I return. Also, I grabbed some stuff for you, Polk and Arkay. I might not be able to get it sent out til next week, so it'll likely be arriving after Christmas.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:09 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:Well I hate to see it go even if I haven't visited as often as I use to. The timing sucks for Luke hate to see him out of work especially at this time of year.
    I will say I think the name change probably didn't help. I understand his reasons for it but the timing sucked.  Had he done it before the Facebook change it might not have been as bad. But after seeing comments drop from thousands to hundreds changing the name was a gamble

I guess it should have been more obvious-a lot of changes, really quickly.  The tag line, the Facebook thing to "save money," the name change.  And firing him without warning a week before Christmas pretty well proves that whatever problems people had with LYT, his overlords are total assholes.

He was telling me months before the overhaul that they were wanting to shut the site down. I'm surprised at how long he made it work before they pulled the plug.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Julia was my giftee. The package arrived today. I hope it makes her smile a little.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I guess it should have been more obvious-a lot of changes, really quickly. The tag line, the Facebook thing to "save money," the name change. And firing him without warning a week before Christmas pretty well proves that whatever problems people had with LYT, his overlords are total assholes.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:03 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:I had a feeling we were seeing the last days of Luke running Topless Robot. I didn't expect they'd flush the concept all together.

Wouldn't it be amazing if gawker bought the brand and shuffled io9 to its banner and put Rob back in charge?

Pipe dreams...

I wonder how long the facebook group will last now before everyone abandons it...:/

I don't plan to leave it. I like you guys.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:35 pm

Well I hate to see it go even if I haven't visited as often as I use to. The timing sucks for Luke hate to see him out of work especially at this time of year.
    I will say I think the name change probably didn't help. I understand his reasons for it but the timing sucked. Had he done it before the Facebook change it might not have been as bad. But after seeing comments drop from thousands to hundreds changing the name was a gamble
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:06 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:I had a feeling we were seeing the last days of Luke running Topless Robot. I didn't expect they'd flush the concept all together.

Wouldn't it be amazing if gawker bought the brand and shuffled io9 to its banner and put Rob back in charge?

Pipe dreams...

I wonder how long the facebook group will last now before everyone abandons it...:/
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:14 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Tomorrow is the pickup for our adopted families.  Gifts were due Tuesday.  Of course, several people said they weren't ready yet.  they've only had since before thanksgiving, but ok.  Today, a lady comes to me with her tag and some money, and says Walmart didn't have this, so could I please order one.  ???  A. why didn't you order one already or B. come to me before today and ask me to do this and C. they come tomorrow, how exactly am I going to get this here by 8 a.m.?  So I'm just going to buy him something else.

Didn't this happen last year?

Happens every year.  But usually people don't even say anything, I assume to avoid having anyone know they flaked out, which I'm also having happen again.  I'm missing 3 winter coats and a pair of shoes, and those tags were taken so somebody out there planned to buy them.  I'm missing some toys, too, but those aren't as big of a deal, but kids don't ask for a coat for a Christmas gift unless they really need one.

It was just something about the lady's attitude this morning that really grated on me.

How much is the winter coat at Walmart?

I don't know, I haven't been by. I sent out an email and one person responded that she had something (she didn't say what, just that she was sorry for being late with her gifts) and she'd be by this afternoon with them. So I don't know if she's got ALL the missing stuff or one thing.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:49 pm

I had a feeling we were seeing the last days of Luke running Topless Robot. I didn't expect they'd flush the concept all together.

Pipe dreams...
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:37 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Tomorrow is the pickup for our adopted families.  Gifts were due Tuesday.  Of course, several people said they weren't ready yet.  they've only had since before thanksgiving, but ok.  Today, a lady comes to me with her tag and some money, and says Walmart didn't have this, so could I please order one.  ???  A. why didn't you order one already or B. come to me before today and ask me to do this and C. they come tomorrow, how exactly am I going to get this here by 8 a.m.?  So I'm just going to buy him something else.

Happens every year.  But usually people don't even say anything, I assume to avoid having anyone know they flaked out, which I'm also having happen again.  I'm missing 3 winter coats and a pair of shoes, and those tags were taken so somebody out there planned to buy them.  I'm missing some toys, too, but those aren't as big of a deal, but kids don't ask for a coat for a Christmas gift unless they really need one.

It was just something about the lady's attitude this morning that really grated on me.

How much is the winter coat at Walmart?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote: I'm missing some toys, too, but those aren't as big of a deal, but kids don't ask for a coat for a Christmas gift unless they really need one.

That sucks.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:58 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:56 am

Happens every year. But usually people don't even say anything, I assume to avoid having anyone know they flaked out, which I'm also having happen again. I'm missing 3 winter coats and a pair of shoes, and those tags were taken so somebody out there planned to buy them. I'm missing some toys, too, but those aren't as big of a deal, but kids don't ask for a coat for a Christmas gift unless they really need one.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:38 am

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:59 am

Tomorrow is the pickup for our adopted families.  Gifts were due Tuesday.  Of course, several people said they weren't ready yet.  they've only had since before thanksgiving, but ok.  Today, a lady comes to me with her tag and some money, and says Walmart didn't have this, so could I please order one.  ???  A. why didn't you order one already or B. come to me before today and ask me to do this and C. they come tomorrow, how exactly am I going to get this here by 8 a.m.?  So I'm just going to buy him something else.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 am

Wish I had seen this before I finished my Christmas shopping. I know a few people I could have gotten these for.
    http://www.oystermag.com/netflix-invents-socks-that-pause-your-show-when-you-fall-asleep
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:23 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Looks like it would either shoot nerf darts or put down World War Z.

Yeah I sold my utility 12 gauge to get that sniper rifle, so the only 12 gauge I have is my Spas-12. Since it's worth a ton, and parts are next to impossible to find, it's not one I want to take out and blast on a regular basis. I could have gone with a plain Jane shotty, but this one reminds me of the Pulse rifle from Aliens, so it won out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:43 am