TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+3
NebulaJack
Sleverin
kegs
7 posters

Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:23 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:FYI this morning I checked the TRV Haunt facebook page and there was a request to join the group.

Now somebody made me an admin on the page, which I appreciate, but I'm not the kind of person who craves power, but whatever.

But this morning the request came from a Facebook account that was just created yesterday.  The name was ostensibly written in Arabic and the icon was  a green fist rising out of a map of the Middle East.

I hit "ignore".  I'm a little  worried that if I hit "block" I'd be targeted for... something.

I see requests and I usually ignore them.  I figure everyone we know has joined and anyone new is either spam or someone who knows someone else, so I leave it up to someone else who knows more people.

If someone from the established gang wants to get a friend of his in there, it seems reasonable to mention it to the group admins with something like, "Hey, my friend so and so has heard about this place from me, and would like to join up" or tell that friend "tell them I recommended the place to ya."

Yeah well I'm not interested in having someone with a political axe to grind joining the group just to promote a "message".  In this case I was concerned this might have been an ISIS-type account and I hit ignore.

racist.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 Empty Re: Dude, check out my new thread(s)!

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:20 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:FYI this morning I checked the TRV Haunt facebook page and there was a request to join the group.

Now somebody made me an admin on the page, which I appreciate, but I'm not the kind of person who craves power, but whatever.

But this morning the request came from a Facebook account that was just created yesterday.  The name was ostensibly written in Arabic and the icon was  a green fist rising out of a map of the Middle East.

I hit "ignore".  I'm a little  worried that if I hit "block" I'd be targeted for... something.

I see requests and I usually ignore them.  I figure everyone we know has joined and anyone new is either spam or someone who knows someone else, so I leave it up to someone else who knows more people.

If someone from the established gang wants to get a friend of his in there, it seems reasonable to mention it to the group admins with something like, "Hey, my friend so and so has heard about this place from me, and would like to join up" or tell that friend "tell them I recommended the place to ya."

Yeah well I'm not interested in having someone with a political axe to grind joining the group just to promote a "message". In this case I was concerned this might have been an ISIS-type account and I hit ignore.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:57 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:59 pm

I see requests and I usually ignore them. I figure everyone we know has joined and anyone new is either spam or someone who knows someone else, so I leave it up to someone else who knows more people.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:15 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

I'd probably check the guy's profiles and groups and maybe send a message.

Well that's the thing.  The account is brand new and only a member of one other group.  Sure looks like it isn't a legit thing.  I expect it's someone who wants to spread a political or a hate message.

If the guy's got no posting history of any note, it's likely a spam bot sending out ads. Either way, my opinion is that if it's not someone we know, we don't need an excuse to decline them. I see the haunts as friendly ghost only territory.

I always check the profiles to see what's up, if they are active members of other groups, etc. Still, I don't decline them. I've let them sit there and as of now I haven't received any messages asking to join. I am assuming they are bogus accounts.

In fact, you have three requests to join TRV haunt parked right now.  They have neither been approved, blocked, or ignored.

I know. I don't trust them. Usually there would be a message like "Oh I'm so and so from TR let me in" but nothing from these accounts leads me to believe they aren't fake accounts
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:40 am

I know that a lot of people don't care about the Oscars that much, and I've oft wondered if it's because of a sort of evolutionary drift over time where Studios have made movies that cater to the Oscars, while The Oscars have taken the catering and created a feedback loop of "This Movie exists to Win this award" and "This Award exists so that movies like this can be made".
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:38 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Well that's the thing.  The account is brand new and only a member of one other group.  Sure looks like it isn't a legit thing.  I expect it's someone who wants to spread a political or a hate message.

If the guy's got no posting history of any note, it's likely a spam bot sending out ads. Either way, my opinion is that if it's not someone we know, we don't need an excuse to decline them. I see the haunts as friendly ghost only territory.

I always check the profiles to see what's up, if they are active members of other groups, etc. Still, I don't decline them. I've let them sit there and as of now I haven't received any messages asking to join. I am assuming they are bogus accounts.

In fact, you have three requests to join TRV haunt parked right now. They have neither been approved, blocked, or ignored.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:11 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm

New poll's up.

By the way, I'll be doing something different for polls starting next week and running til the Ides of March. I'm doing a number crunching project on movie sequels for my math class that will incorporate certain data points that I'd like to get more material to work with. So I'll be posting surveys here and in the TRV Haunt to get more data, and once the project is done, I'll be creating some purdy graphs and charts for Whose Responsible This.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Good... Good. Embrace your hatred. Use your powers for the dark side.

JK. Good call. Sounds pretty fishy.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Well that's the thing. The account is brand new and only a member of one other group. Sure looks like it isn't a legit thing. I expect it's someone who wants to spread a political or a hate message.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:57 pm

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:17 pm

That strip club in Fort Worth got a new message on their sign last week. It says:

Turn Your

E I C

Into Stacks

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 pm

FYI this morning I checked the TRV Haunt facebook page and there was a request to join the group.

But this morning the request came from a Facebook account that was just created yesterday. The name was ostensibly written in Arabic and the icon was a green fist rising out of a map of the Middle East.

I hit "ignore". I'm a little worried that if I hit "block" I'd be targeted for... something.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:28 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

If it's the right kind of Jacket, it could go good for a Nick Fury costume.

Maybe

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 DiLRIu5
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

It's getting to be that time of year when Young Lady Spring is negotiating for turf with Old Man Winter. Cold one day, warm the next. I never know if i'll be over or under dressed.

Kind of a pain in the arse, but nice weather like today makes it easier to put up... on the other hand, a bright sunny day seems to encourage the roaring engine asshats.

Beretta had a jacket I have been eyeing for a couple of years 50% off. I took the plunge and it got here yesterday. So I'm sure warm weather is on the way, so I can't wear it till next year. I'd be fine with that.

You killed bambi. Also in "A Tale of Two Gonzos: The Gonzo Story" The part of you would be played by Nick Fury era David Hasselhoff.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 Hqdefa10

My part would be played by John Candy in drag

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 AKmcmsp
    Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 AA7aM2A
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:13 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I will taking tomorrow off!  I'm close to hitting my cap on vacation days.

I find myself dropping words out of sentences lately. I will BE taking tomorrow off.
    I worry that I'm getting dementia or something.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

It's getting to be that time of year when Young Lady Spring is negotiating for turf with Old Man Winter. Cold one day, warm the next. I never know if i'll be over or under dressed.

Kind of a pain in the arse, but nice weather like today makes it easier to put up... on the other hand, a bright sunny day seems to encourage the roaring engine asshats.

Beretta had a jacket I have been eyeing for a couple of years 50% off. I took the plunge and it got here yesterday. So I'm sure warm weather is on the way, so I can't wear it till next year. I'd be fine with that.

You killed bambi. Also in "A Tale of Two Gonzos: The Gonzo Story" The part of you would be played by Nick Fury era David Hasselhoff.

Dude, check out my new thread(s)! - Page 5 Hqdefa10
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

If it's the right kind of Jacket, it could go good for a Nick Fury costume.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:26 am

NebulaJack wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 am

I will taking tomorrow off! I'm close to hitting my cap on vacation days.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:28 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:So we're at that time of year here in Ky where we get two seasons in one day. At the moment it's like Spring out, but by this afternoon/evening it's  supposed to get freezing and snow again. The Ohio Valley is a finicky and indecisive creature.

We went from warm to cold again. You can keep the snow

Yea, no snow, thanks.  While I don't mind it being cold in the winter, I hate when it's 86 one day, 65 the next day, and 45 the day after that.

that's typical weather here.

Sleverin
    Sleverin
    Here for Keg girls
    Here for Keg girls

Post by Sleverin Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Patch wrote:I little something to boost you through the rest of this week.

I remember a person I game with online saying this was their favorite song because it was a lot like their life.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:29 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:So we're at that time of year here in Ky where we get two seasons in one day. At the moment it's like Spring out, but by this afternoon/evening it's  supposed to get freezing and snow again. The Ohio Valley is a finicky and indecisive creature.

I'm sure the fact that you have Supergirl as your icon is just coicindental to the fact that I always read Ky as meaning Krypton. It makes my day just that little bit better.

Silly kegs, Kr is the symbol for Krypton on the periodic table.  Oh, wait, no.  You don't mean science stuff.  I'll just go back to my nerd cave.

Watch out for Wampas..or maybe Batman.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:00 am