TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
Sleverin
6 posters

April fools thread

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

April fools thread - Page 8 Empty Re: April fools thread

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:31 am

Sorry to hear about the show being a bust.

The show was fine. The band was in good form. It was just everything about the trip that sucked. Also I am now up sick with a wicked head cold so yeesh.

I just woke up from a dream that my rather meager car (which is paid off in the waking world) had been stolen. In the dream I was trying to convince myself that it hadn't been repo-ed. At the same time my mom (in my dream world she recovered from her stroke and still lives at home) was awakened by late night visitors to her home and apparently had another stroke because she suddenly started talking gibberish and seemed overly concerned about my love of TMBG.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I'm back from Houston and it was just as miserable an experience as I was afraid it would be.

The hotel... smelled like floral chemical deodorizer.  I walked around my room shoeless--- the bottoms of my feet turned black.

The concert... a tall guy muscled in front of me to stand with his girlfriends.  He drank... a lot and eventually danced/fell backwards onto me.  Fuck tall guys who insist on blocking my view.

Also as a fat guy, standing in line for an hour, waiting in front of the stage for another hour, then nearly three hours of concert-- my feet and knees were about murdered by supporting my fatness for so long.

Also I tweaked my achilles tendon in my right foot trying to hurry across a street in traffic.

Also what I thought was pollen/allergies blossomed into a full-blown respiratory infection by saturday morning.

Also the nearly five hour drive and I went in to my store to check on the team, it was so swamped busy I ended up staying (though my district manager told me to take the day off) until 9:30 PM

Also yesterday my evening technician called in sick

Also today one of my Sunday workers called in sick so I get to go in today also.

Houston sucks.  even my love of TMBG could not salvage this mess.

I'm gonna be going to a comic con in Seattle next weekend with a press pass because one of the WRT guys couldn't make it up there. Maybe I can get you an autograph to cheer you up. Look up the guest list for Emerald City Comic Con and let me know if anyone there is someone you'd want a pic or autograph of.

To be honest, it's more appealing to me to get an autograph to share with someone else.  Maybe Melissa Benoist/ Supergirl for Ozne.  Or Nathan Fillion for Patch.  Of course if there is any nerdy/sexy guy Arkay would like to have an autograph for she should get priority owing to her being broken and all.

I would pay money for Supergirl's autograph.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:27 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:I'm back from Houston and it was just as miserable an experience as I was afraid it would be.

The hotel... smelled like floral chemical deodorizer.  I walked around my room shoeless--- the bottoms of my feet turned black.

The concert... a tall guy muscled in front of me to stand with his girlfriends.  He drank... a lot and eventually danced/fell backwards onto me.  Fuck tall guys who insist on blocking my view.

Also as a fat guy, standing in line for an hour, waiting in front of the stage for another hour, then nearly three hours of concert-- my feet and knees were about murdered by supporting my fatness for so long.

Also I tweaked my achilles tendon in my right foot trying to hurry across a street in traffic.

Also what I thought was pollen/allergies blossomed into a full-blown respiratory infection by saturday morning.

Also the nearly five hour drive and I went in to my store to check on the team, it was so swamped busy I ended up staying (though my district manager told me to take the day off) until 9:30 PM

Also today one of my Sunday workers called in sick so I get to go in today also.

I'm gonna be going to a comic con in Seattle next weekend with a press pass because one of the WRT guys couldn't make it up there. Maybe I can get you an autograph to cheer you up. Look up the guest list for Emerald City Comic Con and let me know if anyone there is someone you'd want a pic or autograph of.

To be honest, it's more appealing to me to get an autograph to share with someone else. Maybe Melissa Benoist/ Supergirl for Ozne. Or Nathan Fillion for Patch. Of course if there is any nerdy/sexy guy Arkay would like to have an autograph for she should get priority owing to her being broken and all.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:58 pm

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:11 am

I'm back from Houston and it was just as miserable an experience as I was afraid it would be.

The hotel... smelled like floral chemical deodorizer. I walked around my room shoeless--- the bottoms of my feet turned black.

The concert... a tall guy muscled in front of me to stand with his girlfriends. He drank... a lot and eventually danced/fell backwards onto me. Fuck tall guys who insist on blocking my view.

Houston sucks. even my love of TMBG could not salvage this mess.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Yes...YES.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:00 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:doc appt. yesterday.  staples out.  splint off, cast on.  Who wants to see a pic of my bruised, swollen, and wrinkled hand?
    i can now remove my knee immobilizer and begin some knee bends, to work on flexibility and muscle stretches, but no weight without the brace.  3 more weeks, no work.  glad i'm the kind of person who saves her sick days for when she really needs them.

Good deal especially the sick days. I had a job for a few years an they let me stockpile sick days. When they changed hands I got a 2 weeks severance, 3 weeks vacation pay and 24 sick days. I went to Vegas that weekend and took a month off after.

My company's sick pay strategy is very...

I've known managers who were docked a days salary for being sick.  However yesterday my boss basically ordered me to take Saturday off so I can go to Houston tonight to see They a Might Be Giants.

It's two things I like and one thing I don't.

It's "an evening with TMBG" which means no crappy no name opening at.
    It's Flood, which means they're playing the entirety of the album Flood live, which will be fool.

However...

It's in Houston, which is pretty bad.

that is a plus about state employment. they have to approve my sick days. my boss is being a jerk. on one hand, he says 'do what you need to to get well.' on the other, he gets mad when he calls me to ask me to do something or tell someone how to do it, and i don't answer. he's crabby that i'm going to be off so long and Dumb Coworker is all he has. oh, well, maybe if he did something about her 9 months ago....
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:29 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Undecided. While the ticket and gas are not to bad an expense, the idea of about a hundred bucks for a hotel room rankles me. I'm going to check online and see if I can kind a cheapie have room, then decide if I can drive ten hours in one day.

Priceline name your own price. It what we use for work. I've stayed at a 4 star hotel for $30. It's been awhile since I scored that deal, but you can usually get a 2 1/2 to 3 star for 40 to 50 depending on the area and whats going on on town. We use it when the wife and I want to get away for the weekend and we usually get the Hilton or Hyatt for under 60.

Well this being a friday, I was able to get about a 50 dollar price (63 tax included) at a Quality Inn and Suites in north Houston. That's less objectionable than the alternatives, which would be driving down and just hoping to find an acceptable place on the cheap.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Undecided. While the ticket and gas are not to bad an expense, the idea of about a hundred bucks for a hotel room rankles me. I'm going to check online and see if I can kind a cheapie have room, then decide if I can drive ten hours in one day.

Priceline name your own price. It what we use for work. I've stayed at a 4 star hotel for $30. It's been awhile since I scored that deal, but you can usually get a 2 1/2 to 3 star for 40 to 50 depending on the area and whats going on on town. We use it when the wife and I want to get away for the weekend and we usually get the Hilton or Hyatt for under 60.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:49 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

It's Flood, which means they're playing the entirety of the album Flood live, which will be fool.

However...

Are you staying the night? If so, I used to stay in the Woodlands when I had to stay the night. It's north of Houston, nice area and less hectic when you are trying to get out of there. There is also a Lupe Tortillas there with great rita's and fajitas.
    Now I come in a different way so I usually stay in the Katy area.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:47 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

However...

Are you staying the night? If so, I used to stay in the Woodlands when I had to stay the night. It's north of Houston, nice area and less hectic when you are trying to get out of there. There is also a Lupe Tortillas there with great rita's and fajitas.
    Now I come in a different way so I usually stay in the Katy area.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 am

Patch wrote:Polk,

I was thinking about your Mothman vs Sleestak art. You should do a collection sort of like Spy vs Spy. No dialog, illustrated thought bubbles. You could expand your cast with a grey, Bigfoot, Nessy and maybe a chupacabra. You could play up old jokes, with them. Like M and S walk into a bar.  Pit them against each other in different ways.

Do some parodies. Like have them on the bridge of the Enterprise, or playing the fountain from Friends.

The fountain from Friends... That's brilliant. Not sure I can pull off the composition, but I'm interested.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:42 am

Polk,

I was thinking about your Mothman vs Sleestak art. You should do a collection sort of like Spy vs Spy. No dialog, illustrated thought bubbles. You could expand your cast with a grey, Bigfoot, Nessy and maybe a chupacabra. You could play up old jokes, with them. Like M and S walk into a bar. Pit them against each other in different ways.

Do some parodies. Like have them on the bridge of the Enterprise, or playing the fountain from Friends.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:27 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:doc appt. yesterday.  staples out.  splint off, cast on.  Who wants to see a pic of my bruised, swollen, and wrinkled hand?
    i can now remove my knee immobilizer and begin some knee bends, to work on flexibility and muscle stretches, but no weight without the brace.  3 more weeks, no work.  glad i'm the kind of person who saves her sick days for when she really needs them.

Good deal especially the sick days. I had a job for a few years an they let me stockpile sick days. When they changed hands I got a 2 weeks severance, 3 weeks vacation pay and 24 sick days. I went to Vegas that weekend and took a month off after.

My company's sick pay strategy is very...

I've known managers who were docked a days salary for being sick. However yesterday my boss basically ordered me to take Saturday off so I can go to Houston tonight to see They a Might Be Giants.

However...

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:08 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Eventually "Gimpy Mary" asked us to stop calling her collect... because the phone bill was too high. She said we should call her from a normal phone or use coins. We were so good at the prank calling, that we had an actual fan who wanted more but cheaper.

That's great. I don't know what is funnier, the calls or the fact that someone had to ask you to stop doing them, because it was getting expensive. I guess they just couldn't bring themselves to deny the collect call.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 pm

You asked for pranks, and here's my best:

Years ago, when I was in high school, me and a friend were walking around at night and he says "I wish we were at some place with a phone." I asked why. "I feel the urge to make some prank calls." I pointed out the phone booth a few feet away. "I don't have any change."

Placing a hand on his shoulder I said "Justin my friend, it's time I introduce you to the highly entertaining, yet completely inexpensive world of collect prank calls!"

You'd be surprised how often people accept collect charges from "AAArhghg aaaah aah oook!" or "I HATE PERFUME!", but they do.

So as we're going on making up goofy shit, one hits me out of nowhere. "This is Captain Gimpy, offering you the exciting opportunity to enter the wonderful world of POE-NOGRAPHY!" and I started pitching someone on starring in a movie with a guy I knew that had two dicks. It'd be called "Double Barrel Shot Gun!"

Justin loved it and he took a turn with it. Then he came up with the idea of pranking a gal he knew. Somehow, one call became half a dozen.

Eventually "Gimpy Mary" asked us to stop calling her collect... because the phone bill was too high. She said we should call her from a normal phone or use coins. We were so good at the prank calling, that we had an actual fan who wanted more but cheaper.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:16 pm

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:12 pm

doc appt. yesterday. staples out. splint off, cast on. Who wants to see a pic of my bruised, swollen, and wrinkled hand?
    i can now remove my knee immobilizer and begin some knee bends, to work on flexibility and muscle stretches, but no weight without the brace. 3 more weeks, no work. glad i'm the kind of person who saves her sick days for when she really needs them.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 pm

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:27 am

Supes,

Looks like there is a free Encore/Movieplex preview this weekend. I like the Retro channel. Lone Wolf McQuade is on now
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 am

Our local Crime Stoppers partnered with a local gun store for a 50 gun 50 days raffle. The proceeds go to local law enforcement. It's a pretty cool deal. $50 a ticket. Only 1000 tickets sold. I got a few. Hope I get lucky
    Patch
    Patch

April fools thread - Page 8 Empty April fools thread

Post by Patch Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:04 am

Figured it was close enough to kick off a new thread. Lets hear your best April fools pranks.

When I was working for a pipe company, our boss had the keys to our storage shed on his regular key chain. We used that as an excuse to get his car keys and park his car in the pipe yard. That afternoon we went in and told him someone was towing his car. He flipped out and ran into the parking lot searching for it. We gave him a hard time about making his car payment. He was frantic and was about to call the police when we let him off the hook.

April fools thread - Page 8 V4vG3UX

Last edited by Patch on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:42 am