TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
Sleverin
6 posters

April fools thread

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

April fools thread - Page 2 Empty Re: April fools thread

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:49 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Our old friend Gallen's at it again.

Now he's posting the article about Tilda Swinton not being asian enough to play "The ancient one" or whatever.  Some poor schmoe actually has the balls to say he doesn't care what her race is and if asian people aren't offended then why should white people be.  Gallen pounces and calls him racist and says he has no standing to decide what asian people think about the issue.

Which is what poor schmoe was saying except now he gets to defend himself against a charge of racism for his trouble.

I couldn't find it or I would have stirred the pot

I did.  And people jumped to Gallen's defense.  Because no way Gallen isn't motivated by the righteous white guilt that we're all supposed to feel.  I mean it's not even possible that he posted that io9 article specifically to get any comment so he could instantly jump to the other side of the argument.

I said to a guy "sorry you fed the troll, dude,"  and someone else chimed in chiding me for not feeling enough self loathing for being a white guy m

Personally I give zero fucks as to what ethnicity a pretend comic book person is portrayed as.

I'll ban them all.

Ban Gallen and I will send you Arkay's cookies.  I'll get her recipe.

In other news someone gave me admin authority in Fortress of Nerditutde and I just admitted my first new member.  Welcome, PA Atchinson

Fuck that place. They called me a stupid asshole for disagreeing with them over some bullshit irrelevant topic. AND MY ARGUMENT WAS SOUND.
    Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by Patch Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:48 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I did.  And people jumped to Gallen's defense.  Because no way Gallen isn't motivated by the righteous white guilt that we're all supposed to feel.  I mean it's not even possible that he posted that io9 article specifically to get any comment so he could instantly jump to the other side of the argument.

I said to a guy "sorry you fed the troll, dude,"  and someone else chimed in chiding me for not feeling enough self loathing for being a white guy m

Personally I give zero fucks as to what ethnicity a pretend comic book person is portrayed as.

Good for you. I'd have called him out. Though anyone who gets worked up over MLP plot points, has enough problems, so maybe I shouldn't pile on.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:42 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Now he's posting the article about Tilda Swinton not being asian enough to play "The ancient one" or whatever.  Some poor schmoe actually has the balls to say he doesn't care what her race is and if asian people aren't offended then why should white people be.  Gallen pounces and calls him racist and says he has no standing to decide what asian people think about the issue.

Which is what poor schmoe was saying except now he gets to defend himself against a charge of racism for his trouble.

I'll ban them all.

Ban Gallen and I will send you Arkay's cookies.  I'll get her recipe.

In other news someone gave me admin authority in Fortress of Nerditutde and I just admitted my first new member. Welcome, PA Atchinson
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:31 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

I'll ban them all.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:52 am

Patch wrote:

I did. And people jumped to Gallen's defense. Because no way Gallen isn't motivated by the righteous white guilt that we're all supposed to feel. I mean it's not even possible that he posted that io9 article specifically to get any comment so he could instantly jump to the other side of the argument.

I said to a guy "sorry you fed the troll, dude," and someone else chimed in chiding me for not feeling enough self loathing for being a white guy m

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:15 am

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:29 am

Our old friend Gallen's at it again.

Now he's posting the article about Tilda Swinton not being asian enough to play "The ancient one" or whatever. Some poor schmoe actually has the balls to say he doesn't care what her race is and if asian people aren't offended then why should white people be. Gallen pounces and calls him racist and says he has no standing to decide what asian people think about the issue.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:11 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I have some places I'd like to go.  NOLA, Chicago, several national parks, some place up north in the Fall, so I can experience an actual fall (like Vermont or something), maybe NYC, Hawaii.  Once I get this medical business squared away, I think I'm going to concentrate on some traveling while I'm still fairly young and in well-enough shape to enjoy it.  Slamming into a tree and breaking several bones makes you rethink some things.

Good call. I want to travel more once I get all my kids off to college. I'd love to see Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Italy. Never had any desire to see NYC. My daughter loves it. She would live there in a minute given the chance.

I read a lot of books set in NYC.  I'd like to go so I can see the setup of the boroughs, to get an image in my head to match with what I'm reading.  See Central Park.  I'd like to see the Statue of Liberty, but I'd happily miss Times Square.  I'd definitely want to go in the spring or summer.

I've been to DC, but in the winter.  I'd like to go back in the spring or summer.  I do have some overseas places I want to go.  France, Italy, Ireland, the Caribbean.  

My only designs on New York involve seeing TMBG play in their home town in Brooklyn.

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

I'm torn between wanting to attend a Kentucky Derby and wanting to stay as far away as possible.

No. You do not. First Churchill Downs is right in the middle of the shitty part of town. During Derby it's full of nothing but drunk white trash and drunk rich white privilage. both are equally awful to deal with. Also you cannot go ANYWHERE due to traffic.

So, I shouldn't go until I'm rich enough to get my helicopter to drop me off at the front door.

Sounds like you'll be starring in a Grey Poupon commercial.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:05 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I have some places I'd like to go.  NOLA, Chicago, several national parks, some place up north in the Fall, so I can experience an actual fall (like Vermont or something), maybe NYC, Hawaii.  Once I get this medical business squared away, I think I'm going to concentrate on some traveling while I'm still fairly young and in well-enough shape to enjoy it.  Slamming into a tree and breaking several bones makes you rethink some things.

Good call. I want to travel more once I get all my kids off to college. I'd love to see Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Italy. Never had any desire to see NYC. My daughter loves it. She would live there in a minute given the chance.

I read a lot of books set in NYC.  I'd like to go so I can see the setup of the boroughs, to get an image in my head to match with what I'm reading.  See Central Park.  I'd like to see the Statue of Liberty, but I'd happily miss Times Square.  I'd definitely want to go in the spring or summer.

I've been to DC, but in the winter.  I'd like to go back in the spring or summer.  I do have some overseas places I want to go.  France, Italy, Ireland, the Caribbean.  

My only designs on New York involve seeing TMBG play in their home town in Brooklyn.

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

I'm torn between wanting to attend a Kentucky Derby and wanting to stay as far away as possible.

No. You do not. First Churchill Downs is right in the middle of the shitty part of town. During Derby it's full of nothing but drunk white trash and drunk rich white privilage. both are equally awful to deal with. Also you cannot go ANYWHERE due to traffic.

So, I shouldn't go until I'm rich enough to get my limo to drop me off at the front door.

I mean I guess. It's still full of annoying drunk trashy people.

the part of this statement I like least is "people."  Ugh.  People.

i recommend going during the off season. I know "Derby" but it's not as glamorous as the media makes it out  to be.
    I just like horse racing and big ridiculous hats.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:03 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

So, I shouldn't go until I'm rich enough to get my limo to drop me off at the front door.

i recommend going during the off season. I know "Derby" but it's not as glamorous as the media makes it out to be.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:00 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I'd recommend going during the off season. I mean I know "Derby" and all, but It's nothing like the media makes it out to be.

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:58 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

the part of this statement I like least is "people." Ugh. People.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

So, I shouldn't go until I'm rich enough to get my helicopter to drop me off at the front door.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:37 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Unless something changes, it looks like this Sunday I will be flying out to New Orleans for a couple of days. Our company compketed (is completing?) a merger with another cell phone mining company and I get to go there and help with the repair centers.

I'm not exactly sure what the task is, or what cities, exactly. Just that it's in Louisianna and were flying. If it were Shreveport I think we'd be driving.

I've never been to Nola. Guess I can scratch that one off the list.

Pat O'Brien's in the French Quarter have a Hurricane. Check out the voodoo shops. Eat some Cajun food, check out the casinos. Don't mosey to far out of the quarter. I don't go past the Flag Hotel ( cant remember the name, but you will see it), or more than a 2 blocks either way of the quarter. I like it better in the afternoon. The piss and vomit smell hasn't set in. Still beggers around but not as crazy. At night expect to have friendly locals offer to show you around, hoping you wil get careless with your cash so they can rob you.
    I kept my wallet in my front pocket. I have had a great time every visit. It's a fun place.

Don't know if there is going to be any free time. We have six stores to visit in two days. We might be driving around and visiting stores the whole time.

I've always wanted to visit NOLA.  I was hoping maybe this next year, but that's out now.  Maybe when I turn 40.

Heh. Heh.  Heh.  You're not even forty.  Heh heh.

Not yet. Coming fast, though.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:23 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

*COUGHLOUISVILLECOUGH*
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:21 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Unless something changes, it looks like this Sunday I will be flying out to New Orleans for a couple of days. Our company compketed (is completing?) a merger with another cell phone mining company and I get to go there and help with the repair centers.

I'm not exactly sure what the task is, or what cities, exactly. Just that it's in Louisianna and were flying. If it were Shreveport I think we'd be driving.

Pat O'Brien's in the French Quarter have a Hurricane. Check out the voodoo shops. Eat some Cajun food, check out the casinos. Don't mosey to far out of the quarter. I don't go past the Flag Hotel ( cant remember the name, but you will see it), or more than a 2 blocks either way of the quarter. I like it better in the afternoon. The piss and vomit smell hasn't set in. Still beggers around but not as crazy. At night expect to have friendly locals offer to show you around, hoping you wil get careless with your cash so they can rob you.
    I kept my wallet in my front pocket. I have had a great time every visit. It's a fun place.

Don't know if there is going to be any free time. We have six stores to visit in two days. We might be driving around and visiting stores the whole time.

I've always wanted to visit NOLA.  I was hoping maybe this next year, but that's out now.  Maybe when I turn 40.

Heh. Heh. Heh. You're not even forty. Heh heh.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:20 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

I read a lot of books set in NYC. I'd like to go so I can see the setup of the boroughs, to get an image in my head to match with what I'm reading. See Central Park. I'd like to see the Statue of Liberty, but I'd happily miss Times Square. I'd definitely want to go in the spring or summer.

I've been to DC, but in the winter. I'd like to go back in the spring or summer. I do have some overseas places I want to go. France, Italy, Ireland, the Caribbean.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:38 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Old Louisville is much like the french quarter (louisville is a french city) and you don't have to worry about getting robbed.

Ladies always worry about getting robbed.  In some way.

I have some places I'd like to go. NOLA, Chicago, several national parks, some place up north in the Fall, so I can experience an actual fall (like Vermont or something), maybe NYC, Hawaii. Once I get this medical business squared away, I think I'm going to concentrate on some traveling while I'm still fairly young and in well-enough shape to enjoy it. Slamming into a tree and breaking several bones makes you rethink some things.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:08 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Old Louisville is much like the french quarter (louisville is a french city) and you don't have to worry about getting robbed.

Ladies always worry about getting robbed. In some way.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:15 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:01 am