TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
rkwsuperstar
6 posters

Summer blahs.

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer blahs. - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer blahs.

Post by Patch Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:18 pm

I have a call at 1pm so anytime after that should be shiny
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Patch wrote:I'm gone a few days and this place turned gloomy. It's true I am happy often but I work at it. I'm not talking about putting a smile on my face and hoping for the best. I seek to change things that will have a negative impact in my life.  It's work. Sometimes it's hard work.
    A few weeks ago I woke up feeling crappy because I've put on weight. I know why and I know what to do about it. Instead I did nothing to the point it started bringing me down. So I worked out every day. Watched what I ate and dropped a few pounds. It's the same with work around the house or on the job. It's the same with relationships.  If I feel a little off with the wife I stop and think about what my actions have been. Then I go out of my way to let her know I care.
    I'd rather sit and watch Netflix than mow the yard but I know which one will make me feel better two hours later.

I spent years miserable with my ex. I wouldn't say I was suicidal but there were days where I would have been totally okay with a plane crashing with me in it.  I figured out I couldn't fix her mess but I could do what I needed to for me.  At the end of the relationship we both had the same bills the same debt. The same kids. The same house but I was happy with everything except her because she was the one thing I couldn't work on. She hated everything about our life. She never tried.

Put in the work. Say yes more than no. Give what you can to others. Even if it's only a smile.

Polk guns tomorrow?  The girls are heading to Austin for a few days so if you want you can come out here tomorrow afternoon we can hit the range shoot everything grab some food and have a responsible drink or two. I know it's a bit of a drive so let me know.  If not weatherford has an indoor range. We could meet over there just limits what we can shoot to handguns
    I have a few calls scheduled for work but should be free in time to go have some fun

Drive to Stephenville? Hmmm. Actually sounds appealing. I got laundry to do in the early morning and I think I am going to wander in somewhere for an eye exam for new glasses, but other than that I am free all day. I think it would be a good time. What time you want me to try to get out there?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm gone a few days and this place turned gloomy. It's true I am happy often but I work at it. I'm not talking about putting a smile on my face and hoping for the best. I seek to change things that will have a negative impact in my life. It's work. Sometimes it's hard work.
    A few weeks ago I woke up feeling crappy because I've put on weight. I know why and I know what to do about it. Instead I did nothing to the point it started bringing me down. So I worked out every day. Watched what I ate and dropped a few pounds. It's the same with work around the house or on the job. It's the same with relationships. If I feel a little off with the wife I stop and think about what my actions have been. Then I go out of my way to let her know I care.
    I'd rather sit and watch Netflix than mow the yard but I know which one will make me feel better two hours later.

I spent years miserable with my ex. I wouldn't say I was suicidal but there were days where I would have been totally okay with a plane crashing with me in it. I figured out I couldn't fix her mess but I could do what I needed to for me. At the end of the relationship we both had the same bills the same debt. The same kids. The same house but I was happy with everything except her because she was the one thing I couldn't work on. She hated everything about our life. She never tried.

Put in the work. Say yes more than no. Give what you can to others. Even if it's only a smile.

Polk guns tomorrow? The girls are heading to Austin for a few days so if you want you can come out here tomorrow afternoon we can hit the range shoot everything grab some food and have a responsible drink or two. I know it's a bit of a drive so let me know. If not weatherford has an indoor range. We could meet over there just limits what we can shoot to handguns
    I have a few calls scheduled for work but should be free in time to go have some fun
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    That's not what I mean.  In general, you like your friends, or you should.  But you are most likely to overlook things in your friends that non-friends don't find appealing.  I don't think I'm explaining that well, but things you like in a particular friend may not necessarily be things that strangers find appealing.

Ok, I get what you mean. This is why you should only date your friends. Now if only I could convince my female friends of the wisdom in that.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:27 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Arkopolis is nearly a four hour drive from my neck of the DFW woods.  ThatsThat's a large drive.

1,743 miles from where I am. Aprox 26 hr drive. Although, that being said, one of my friends, who lives in my town, is in a long distance relationship with a lady from Texas. It's mostly by skype, excluding holidays when he can get down there. Been about 4 years now.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:18 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I don't really get the "summer blahs."  I just have days throughout the year when I get sad.  Like yesterday, it hit me that I'll be 37 this year.  I don't mind the age, but I had the thought about my birthday, then that I'm about halfway through my life and I haven't had a date in years, and if I couldn't get a date when I was younger and cuter, how do I expect to get one when I'm older and in worse shape, which led to a spiral of sadness about how I'm going to be old and alone and no one will notice or care when I die.

That matches my description of summer blahs.  I guess I meant it like summer disphoria or malaise.  Can manifest as mild depression.   For the record,  I'd date you.

True, but stuff like that hits me all through the year.  I'll be fine for days or weeks and then something will happen that will make me sad.  And it may last a few minutes or a full day or longer.

And I appreciate it, but it doesn't count.  You're my friend, you know me, so you are biased to look on me favorably.  

Wow, that's a horrible way to look at it. It's not that he's your friend that he looks on you favorably. It's that knowing you, he looks on you favorably and so because of that, he chooses to be your friend. I wouldn't be friends with anyone I didn't think favorably of. At best they'd be an acquaintance.

I wouldn't date you, only because the bus tickets to where you live would eat up any monies I'd be spending on you.

That's not what I mean. In general, you like your friends, or you should. But you are most likely to overlook things in your friends that non-friends don't find appealing. I don't think I'm explaining that well, but things you like in a particular friend may not necessarily be things that strangers find appealing.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:07 pm

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:I don't really get the "summer blahs."  I just have days throughout the year when I get sad.  Like yesterday, it hit me that I'll be 37 this year.  I don't mind the age, but I had the thought about my birthday, then that I'm about halfway through my life and I haven't had a date in years, and if I couldn't get a date when I was younger and cuter, how do I expect to get one when I'm older and in worse shape, which led to a spiral of sadness about how I'm going to be old and alone and no one will notice or care when I die.

That matches my description of summer blahs.  I guess I meant it like summer disphoria or malaise.  Can manifest as mild depression.   For the record,  I'd date you.

True, but stuff like that hits me all through the year.  I'll be fine for days or weeks and then something will happen that will make me sad.  And it may last a few minutes or a full day or longer.

And I appreciate it, but it doesn't count.  You're my friend, you know me, so you are biased to look on me favorably.  

Wow, that's a horrible way to look at it. It's not that he's your friend that he looks on you favorably. It's that knowing you, he looks on you favorably and so because of that, he chooses to be your friend. I wouldn't be friends with anyone I didn't think favorably of. At best they'd be an acquaintance.

I wouldn't date you, only y because the bus tickets to where you live would eat up any monies I'd be spending on you.

Arkopolis is nearly a four hour drive from my neck of the DFW woods. ThatsThat's a large drive.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:41 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I wouldn't date you, only because the bus tickets to where you live would eat up any monies I'd be spending on you.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:08 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

True, but stuff like that hits me all through the year. I'll be fine for days or weeks and then something will happen that will make me sad. And it may last a few minutes or a full day or longer.

And I appreciate it, but it doesn't count. You're my friend, you know me, so you are biased to look on me favorably.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:45 pm

That matches my description of summer blahs. I guess I meant it like summer disphoria or malaise. Can manifest as mild depression. For the record, I'd date you.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 am

I don't really get the "summer blahs." I just have days throughout the year when I get sad. Like yesterday, it hit me that I'll be 37 this year. I don't mind the age, but I had the thought about my birthday, then that I'm about halfway through my life and I haven't had a date in years, and if I couldn't get a date when I was younger and cuter, how do I expect to get one when I'm older and in worse shape, which led to a spiral of sadness about how I'm going to be old and alone and no one will notice or care when I die.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:41 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Summer BLAFAFGASZFBSFGBTHSFGHSGFHSGXFHFGHGDFHSFHGHD.

I am a little drunk and have nothing to contribute conversation wise, but I figured I'd drop by and say hi. Also there is a lethal weapon marathon on AMC and god damn those movies are awful.

I was still awake at this time, though not drunk, and I watched Night of the Comet, which I enjoy.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 am

Why does a certain website post a "daily rumors" column, post unsorted and unsubstantiated gossip, then hedge with the phrase "take it with a grain of salt"?

If they don't even believe it, why report it at all?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:49 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Summer BLAFAFGASZFBSFGBTHSFGHSGFHSGXFHFGHGDFHSFHGHD.

I am a little drunk and have nothing to contribute conversation wise, but I figured I'd drop by and say hi. Also there is a lethal weapon marathon on AMC and god damn those movies are awful.

Are you getting too old for that shit,  Gonzo?

Nah; That's just a sign that Gonz needs better shit.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:45 am

Are you getting too old for that shit, Gonzo?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:32 am

Summer BLAFAFGASZFBSFGBTHSFGHSGFHSGXFHFGHGDFHSFHGHD.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:23 pm

mediocre day in the mines. now I am home. about to drink some jack and coke.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:10 pm

The blahs I get are usually the end of summer blahs. Once the crickets start chirping I get all melancholy for times gone by...then I just remind myself that I am not my emotion(s), but rather just the one experiencing them. They will pass and I will always remain to face the new day.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:22 pm

I've been trying to do more writing.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Summer blahs. - Page 6 Empty Summer blahs.

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:32 am

A lot of us seem to have them. except Patch. He's inordinately happy all the time.

Anyway I thought it was time for a new haunt, and I said I would start a new thread about three days ago so this is overdue.

Suggested topic:

What are you doing to fight the summer blahs. As for me I have tried to get to a new museum or two. Also Patch *might* be going to turn me into a gun nut.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:50 pm