TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
rkwsuperstar
6 posters

Summer blahs.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Summer blahs. - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer blahs.

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

*streaks around naked* cheers
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:03 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Dinner tonight-- quesadilla made from the leftover chicken and poblano peppers that were last night's fajitas.  I think they're better in the form.

also some blue corn tortilla chips with Pace picante.  Question: What brand of salsa does everyone prefer.  And no Patch, you can't say you make your own because how the hell can I buy that?

Find a recipe and make your own. It's a lot better than store bought.

See that's exactly what I don't want to do.  I want a small portion, not enough to can for my entire extended family.  I want it to be quick and easy, and I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen chopping tomatoes and onions and crap.

You can make it in like six minutes, and portion it to the the size you want.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:52 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Dinner tonight-- quesadilla made from the leftover chicken and poblano peppers that were last night's fajitas.  I think they're better in the form.

also some blue corn tortilla chips with Pace picante.  Question: What brand of salsa does everyone prefer.  And no Patch, you can't say you make your own because how the hell can I buy that?

See that's exactly what I don't want to do. I want a small portion, not enough to can for my entire extended family. I want it to be quick and easy, and I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen chopping tomatoes and onions and crap.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:49 pm

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:31 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Good evening lady and gents.

evening Ozne.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 pm

Dinner tonight-- quesadilla made from the leftover chicken and poblano peppers that were last night's fajitas. I think they're better in the form.

also some blue corn tortilla chips with Pace picante. Question: What brand of salsa does everyone prefer. And no Patch, you can't say you make your own because how the hell can I buy that?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm

Good evening lady and gents.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:13 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Polk I have a new drawing project for you. "Gonzo of the Galaxy"

What do you have in mind? Hunter S Thompson in a space suit?  Muppet Gonzo/HST mashup? Guardians of the Galaxy Gonzo?  

I'm interested.

Guardians of the Galaxy, but me.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Just got back from the Verizon store at the other mall. Much better experience. Someone greeted me at the door and helped me get things sorted. Very on the ball over there.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:29 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Yesterday, before going to the movie theater, I stopped by the Verizon store in the mall because I need to get some changes to my account sorted out. There was 1 employee there, and she was helping another customer. I spent 30 minutes waiting and didn't even get so much as a "I'll be with you as soon as I can sir". So I'm headed off to the other mall to try that Verizon store.

Also, new poll's up.

Cell phone shit takes a long time to do.  I know there are times when people leave my store mad and I OFTEN have seven people on the clock at any time.  Verizon ought to be rolling with more than one person on hand.

I don't begrudge the employee taking the time to help the other customer, but not having the courtesy to acknowledge my presence is what pissed me off. If she'd said "I'm sorry for the delay, but it's gonna take me awhile to help this woman" I'd have been cool with that. Also, yeah there should be more than 1 person on shift at a place like that.

Agreed. And if I thought I was never guilty of the same error I would be much harsher with my opinion.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:19 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Yesterday, before going to the movie theater, I stopped by the Verizon store in the mall because I need to get some changes to my account sorted out. There was 1 employee there, and she was helping another customer. I spent 30 minutes waiting and didn't even get so much as a "I'll be with you as soon as I can sir". So I'm headed off to the other mall to try that Verizon store.

Also, new poll's up.

Cell phone shit takes a long time to do.  I know there are times when people leave my store mad and I OFTEN have seven people on the clock at any time.  Verizon ought to be rolling with more than one person on hand.

I don't begrudge the employee taking the time to help the other customer, but not having the courtesy to acknowledge my presence is what pissed me off. If she'd said "I'm sorry for the delay, but it's gonna take me awhile to help this woman" I'd have been cool with that. Also, yeah there should be more than 1 person on shift at a place like that.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:04 pm

Also, new poll's up.

Cell phone shit takes a long time to do. I know there are times when people leave my store mad and I OFTEN have seven people on the clock at any time. Verizon ought to be rolling with more than one person on hand.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Yesterday, before going to the movie theater, I stopped by the Verizon store in the mall because I need to get some changes to my account sorted out. There was 1 employee there, and she was helping another customer. I spent 30 minutes waiting and didn't even get so much as a "I'll be with you as soon as I can sir". So I'm headed off to the other mall to try that Verizon store.

Also, new poll's up.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:01 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:I'm off to see Ant Man.  Probably going to have a beer in the process... maybe eat some totally unsatifying popcorn.

Popcorn is a thing that always seems like a good idea but always makes me feel icky after having eaten.  

stella artois is a good beer to have at a movie theater.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm off to see Ant Man. Probably going to have a beer in the process... maybe eat some totally unsatifying popcorn.

Popcorn is a thing that always seems like a good idea but always makes me feel icky after having eaten.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Polk I have a new drawing project for you. "Gonzo of the Galaxy"

What do you have in mind? Hunter S Thompson in a space suit? Muppet Gonzo/HST mashup? Guardians of the Galaxy Gonzo?

I'm interested.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:27 am

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Patch, I agree on the food places in a little town.  I don't know about there, but the actual restaurants here close early and are closed certain days of the week (not counting fast food chains like McDonald's).  We have a good Mexican food place, but it closes at 9 during the week, closed on Saturday, and is only open 11-2 on Sunday.  You have to plan out in advance if you might want to go out to eat.

Yeah we see some of that here. The best Pizza place in town closes for a week from time to time. Some places are not opened on Mondays. We have a Chilis, Cotton Patch, and fast food places open all week, but you can only eat there so many times.

*Cotton Patch* What the hell is that?

If Cracker Barrel is, as I call it, "The Old People Store" because old people gather there for nostalgia meals, especially breakfast...

Then

Cotton Patch is "Middle Aged People Store" because people not quite old enough to fit Cracker Barrel's demographic meet there for nostalgia meals including beer.

The Chicken Fried Steak is pretty good but the food is not cheap. Expect $12 a plate at lunch if you figure in a glass of tea and the tip for the waitress.

FAT GUY ALERT: Both feature harsh wood seats that would be better with a little cushioning.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:42 am

Just got back from seeing Ant-man for a 2nd time with a friend. He was just as pleasantly surprised as I was. On the bus ride back from the mall, we started talking with a gal who'd just seen it too. She mentioned that she's wanting to get into narration for audiobooks but needs help with audio engineering. I offered to put her in touch with my room mate and got her number. It was a neat little moment.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:04 am

Polk I have a new drawing project for you. "Gonzo of the Galaxy"
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:21 pm

Hey guys. New poll is up. I'm off to go pick up my paycheck and maybe see Ant-Man again. See ya later.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Patch, I agree on the food places in a little town.  I don't know about there, but the actual restaurants here close early and are closed certain days of the week (not counting fast food chains like McDonald's).  We have a good Mexican food place, but it closes at 9 during the week, closed on Saturday, and is only open 11-2 on Sunday.  You have to plan out in advance if you might want to go out to eat.

Yeah we see some of that here. The best Pizza place in town closes for a week from time to time. Some places are not opened on Mondays. We have a Chilis, Cotton Patch, and fast food places open all week, but you can only eat there so many times.

An American food cafe.  They have chicken fried steak, fried mushrooms, chicken sandwiches, that type of thing.  Also, beer and wine.  It's a chain, but it may be regional.

I have never heard of such a place. I would actually be offended.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

An American food cafe. They have chicken fried steak, fried mushrooms, chicken sandwiches, that type of thing. Also, beer and wine. It's a chain, but it may be regional.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:46 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:08 pm