TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
rkwsuperstar
6 posters

Summer blahs.

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer blahs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer blahs.

Post by Patch Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:35 pm

My wife is so amazing. She spent a hour playing deadman rise in the pool.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:19 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Gonzo--

My "adventure" for today is driving myself up to the Ikea store to look for a smallish area rug to put down under my chair and desk to cover up the seriously worn and trashy looking apartment carpet.

Also-- looks like Spanglish is the Sunday movie and I got no interest in that shit.

Last week they played Julie/Julia which is a movie about a woman who decides to cook all the dishes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art Of French Cooking and blog about it.  It was decent although there was little drama other than the "I'm getting fat cooking all this" and "You never finish anything you start" and "I'm your husband and although I wanted you to do this I'm now feeling neglected and think I'll pout for a few scenes."

But Meryl Streep very much "became" Julia Child. Her performance was amazing.

that rug really ties the room together.

Well the rug I found is kind of a plum color.  Bought bed sheets to match it.  I thought I could use a little color in my apartment but I'm beginning to worry about my masculinity.

But I was tired of the microfiber sheets.  They seem to hold on to heat and I end up sleeping too hot and running the AC too cold at night.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:Gonzo--

My "adventure" for today is driving myself up to the Ikea store to look for a smallish area rug to put down under my chair and desk to cover up the seriously worn and trashy looking apartment carpet.

Also-- looks like Spanglish is the Sunday movie and I got no interest in that shit.

Last week they played Julie/Julia which is a movie about a woman who decides to cook all the dishes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art Of French Cooking and blog about it.  It was decent although there was little drama other than the "I'm getting fat cooking all this" and "You never finish anything you start" and "I'm your husband and although I wanted you to do this I'm now feeling neglected and think I'll pout for a few scenes."

that rug really ties the room together.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Gonzo--

Last week they played Julie/Julia which is a movie about a woman who decides to cook all the dishes in Julia Child's Mastering the Art Of French Cooking and blog about it. It was decent although there was little drama other than the "I'm getting fat cooking all this" and "You never finish anything you start" and "I'm your husband and although I wanted you to do this I'm now feeling neglected and think I'll pout for a few scenes."

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Have fun, gonzo. Around here it won't cool off until October

Same here. maybe not even till September.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Have fun, gonzo. Around here it won't cool off until October
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:42 pm

good afternoon everyone. it's a lazy saturday here in the world of the gonzo. i'm supposed to go have beers with a friend tonight around seven after it cools off some.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:39 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Did you get that truck with the leather seats?

I did. Got a dealer demo 2015 GMC Sierra slt. It's sweet. Not as much torque on take off as the tundra but so much more comfort.

I got the full details of the car theft. The guy was talking to the salesman when the detail guy brought the keys in. The salesman had just gone to get something so the guy said "those are for me. I just bought it". That was good enough for the detail guy and off he went.  So should you find yourself needing to steal a car this might help.

Also fallout shelter is fun. I'm a crappy overseer and half my people are dying and most are radioactive. But it's still fun

I never played Fallout. Would I enjoy Fallout Shelter?

i don't know. most people love it. it's a resource management game. look it up on youtube.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:39 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Afternoon guys, new poll is up.

On a separate note, I've recently been playing a lot of fun games on the android tablet I bought with my tax return earlier this year. Most of those games have in games ads for other games, and I've noticed a lot of them have titles that sound very much like they're trying to ride the coattails of the Game of Thrones fandom. Game of War, War of Thrones  Clash of Kings (which is the title of one the books that Game of Thrones is based on), etc. It makes me wonder why the hell HBO and George Martin haven't green lit a Game of Thrones app for tablets. Seems like there's a robust market for it.

Fallout Shelter comes out on Android in three weeks. Free to play, no pay wall, no in game purchases that effect game play. You can still buy loot if you want, but it you don't want to doesn't effect game play at all.

Nice. I was kinda irked when it came out and was only for iOS. Been wondering when they'd have an Android version.

That's common. The iOs version will be a guaranteed revenue producer.  Most iOS games are not free, so they get an initial boost of cash from people who buy the game.

Android games tend to rely on in-app advertising, which is an iffier revenue stream.  Plus the developers can gauge the response on iOS and it helps them attract the advertisers and maybe get a little better ad rate. (I presume.. I am not an insider.)

It was free to play from launch because Bethesda kicks ass. They said it was released on ios first because there was some game the developers used to play on ios when they were working on an older game that they were fond of or something like that. They explain it all in their e3 presentation.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:09 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I did. Got a dealer demo 2015 GMC Sierra slt. It's sweet. Not as much torque on take off as the tundra but so much more comfort.

I got the full details of the car theft. The guy was talking to the salesman when the detail guy brought the keys in. The salesman had just gone to get something so the guy said "those are for me. I just bought it". That was good enough for the detail guy and off he went.  So should you find yourself needing to steal a car this might help.

Also fallout shelter is fun. I'm a crappy overseer and half my people are dying and most are radioactive. But it's still fun

I never played Fallout. Would I enjoy Fallout Shelter?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:47 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I got the full details of the car theft. The guy was talking to the salesman when the detail guy brought the keys in. The salesman had just gone to get something so the guy said "those are for me. I just bought it". That was good enough for the detail guy and off he went. So should you find yourself needing to steal a car this might help.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:14 am

On a separate note, I've recently been playing a lot of fun games on the android tablet I bought with my tax return earlier this year. Most of those games have in games ads for other games, and I've noticed a lot of them have titles that sound very much like they're trying to ride the coattails of the Game of Thrones fandom. Game of War, War of Thrones  Clash of Kings (which is the title of one the books that Game of Thrones is based on), etc. It makes me wonder why the hell HBO and George Martin haven't green lit a Game of Thrones app for tablets. Seems like there's a robust market for it.

Game of War strikes me as a slightly more grown-up version of Clash of Clans. I grew very tired and bored of Clash of Clans because basically people who are willing to buy the upgrades with cash (stupid, stupid, stupid) will always kick the ass of someone like me who simply has to mine resources in-game to upgrade defenses and weapons.

I quit playing it when I finally had enough to buy the barbarian king to defend my people, and *SURPRISE* he gets his ass kicked just like the regular defenses.

It was like I was the most ineffectual God ever. Every time I looked in on my people, they were all dead. Bender was god better than I was.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:06 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Fallout Shelter comes out on Android in three weeks. Free to play, no pay wall, no in game purchases that effect game play. You can still buy loot if you want, but it you don't want to doesn't effect game play at all.

Nice. I was kinda irked when it came out and was only for iOS. Been wondering when they'd have an Android version.

That's common. The iOs version will be a guaranteed revenue producer. Most iOS games are not free, so they get an initial boost of cash from people who buy the game.

Android games tend to rely on in-app advertising, which is an iffier revenue stream. Plus the developers can gauge the response on iOS and it helps them attract the advertisers and maybe get a little better ad rate. (I presume.. I am not an insider.)
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 pm

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Patch wrote:I'm at the car lot right now buying a new truck and the cops are here. One of the employees drove a car around and left the keys in it and it was stolen. The guy just got in and drove it off. One officer took off trying to find them.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:Polk, I like the fresh market salsa you can get at walmart in the produce aisle

I'll look for it next time I decide to make tacos or fajitas.

Sunday night is for spaghetti though so it might be a couple days.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Patch wrote:I'm at the car lot right now buying a new truck and the cops are here. One of the employees drove a car around and left the keys in it and it was stolen. The guy just got in and drove it off. One officer took off trying to find them.

I was here the whole time.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm at the car lot right now buying a new truck and the cops are here. One of the employees drove a car around and left the keys in it and it was stolen. The guy just got in and drove it off. One officer took off trying to find them.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:05 pm

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Afternoon guys, new poll is up.

On a separate note, I've recently been playing a lot of fun games on the android tablet I bought with my tax return earlier this year. Most of those games have in games ads for other games, and I've noticed a lot of them have titles that sound very much like they're trying to ride the coattails of the Game of Thrones fandom. Game of War, War of Thrones Clash of Kings (which is the title of one the books that Game of Thrones is based on), etc. It makes me wonder why the hell HBO and George Martin haven't green lit a Game of Thrones app for tablets. Seems like there's a robust market for it.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:28 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:And pace is terrible

agreed.
    but Pacey is awesome.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:01 pm

And pace is terrible
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Polk, I like the fresh market salsa you can get at walmart in the produce aisle
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Dinner tonight-- quesadilla made from the leftover chicken and poblano peppers that were last night's fajitas.  I think they're better in the form.

also some blue corn tortilla chips with Pace picante.  Question: What brand of salsa does everyone prefer.  And no Patch, you can't say you make your own because how the hell can I buy that?

Find a recipe and make your own. It's a lot better than store bought.

See that's exactly what I don't want to do.  I want a small portion, not enough to can for my entire extended family.  I want it to be quick and easy, and I don't want to spend hours in the kitchen chopping tomatoes and onions and crap.

You can make it in like six minutes, and portion it to the the size you want.

As indicated, I don't wish to make it. I wish for someone else to make it, package it in convenient portions, and present it to me on the salsa aisle of the Wal-Mart, or dare I say, the Kroger store. Where blackberries are occasionally 99 cents.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Hi guys. New poll is up. I'm off to a couple hours of standing under the hot sun. See ya tonight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 4:03 pm