TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
rkwsuperstar
6 posters

Summer blahs.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer blahs. - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer blahs.

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:39 am

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Hico, which seems like a charming small town, and arrived at a very rundown neighborhood I could not imagine Patch living at.

My wife told me there used to be a cafe there called the Koffee Kup Kafe. Which regularly hosted KKK members back in the day. It has since changed dropped one of the K's. I have only passed thru a few times but I did see some new restaurants there, we may try out. That's the biggest downside to small town living, 5 or 6 good eating places, get old fast. They open up new ones but they never seem to last.

Patch, I agree on the food places in a little town. I don't know about there, but the actual restaurants here close early and are closed certain days of the week (not counting fast food chains like McDonald's). We have a good Mexican food place, but it closes at 9 during the week, closed on Saturday, and is only open 11-2 on Sunday. You have to plan out in advance if you might want to go out to eat.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:33 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Hico, which seems like a charming small town, and arrived at a very rundown neighborhood I could not imagine Patch living at.

My wife told me there used to be a cafe there called the Koffee Kup Kafe. Which regularly hosted KKK members back in the day. It has since dropped one of the K's. I have only passed thru a few times but I did see some new restaurants there, we may try out. That's the biggest downside to small town living, 5 or 6 good eating places, get old fast. They open up new ones but they never seem to last.

Last edited by Patch on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Had a good day at work. The weather was hot and muggy, and a stranger offered to get me a cold drink. I asked for a gatorade and she went into the super market near my corner and got one. Made the rest of my shift so much better.

That's awesome.

That is indeed awesome. Now you have to offer to return that act of kindness. Maybe she''l say yes. And maybe she'll suggest a bar. and maybe things will go great and you two will see more and more of each other until the wedding day.

Maybe.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:01 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Had a good day at work. The weather was hot and muggy, and a stranger offered to get me a cold drink. I asked for a gatorade and she went into the super market near my corner and got one. Made the rest of my shift so much better.

That's awesome.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Had a good day at work. The weather was hot and muggy, and a stranger offered to get me a cold drink. I asked for a gatorade and she went into the super market near my corner and got one. Made the rest of my shift so much better.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:32 pm

Also I aggravated my achy breaky achilles tendon again.

This time I know what I did to injure it. I was in my chair in my apartment. It's technically an antique office chair, although it is in deep need of cleaning and repair. The thing has heavy brass casters. I was trying to adjust my seat to be closer to the desk and my laptop. I planted my feet anddragged my chair forward--driving the brass part of the caster hard into the back of my foot.

And I am limping again.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:11 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:What helps your self esteem? A dude sitting next to you, changing seats, saying he's gonna go go sit by "the hot girls."
    I rationalize by telling myself he means skeezy skanks, and I'm out of his league.

I sympathize.

My last dating experience ended with a woman allowing me to buy her meals and alcohol on more than one occasion. Then when I expressed romantic interest she reacted with horror that she thought "we were just hanging out as friends."

I still resent her for that.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:08 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:Polk's trip to Stephenville.

I'm home from work on Friday night after leaving a little early because it was slow at work and I didn't feel quite right.  Now I'm feeling a little less queasy (no-- I'm not pregnant) and I am ready to tell about my trip to Stephenville to shoot all the guns with Friend Patch.

I had a couple of projects to work on in the morning.  Laundry and an eye exam for new glasses to be precise, and every task was...complicated.  First, the Happy Joy laundry was closed because they are moving to smaller space in the same shopping center. (Boo!) I actually knew this was happening, but brought my clothes just in case and ended up buying quarters at Kroger and going back to my apartment to wash.  That was mistake number one.

The apartment laundry has the iffiest machines I've ever encountered and the dryer that tumbled my pants and work shirts did not heat up and left them a damp mess.  I had no desire to waste more quarters so I hung them up semi-wet and went on with my life.

The eye exam-- also a mess. The first place I went could not work me in until 5:00 PM.  The second place was staffed by a sort of surly receptionist who took my insurance card and later informed me that I am not covered for optical.  Like Hell I am not.  Turns out I opted for optical AND dental coverage but  either my HR department or the insurance company screwed up the coverage. Even today I have no idea if they're going to honor the coverage choice I opted for.

to be continued...

Harsh stuff man. Hope your weekend is better.

It was just minor annoyance, and the story leads to me shooting guns.

About ten to one, Patch called me and the trip to Stephenville was on. I had just bought a new monochrome printer/flatbed scanner, so I dropped it off at the apartment. Then I grabbed a burger and fries from McDonalds and hit the road. Patch's address in Stephenville supposedly needs an hour and a half driving. Oddly enough, Google maps told me that Patch lived in a town called Hico instead of Stephenville.

I drove. At the point when I arrived at Stephenville I hit an area of road work. Maps told me I was about 20 minutes from the place I was heading. The road work made that twenty minutes more like thirty, and I drove through Hico, which seems like a charming small town, and arrived at a very rundown neighborhood I could not imagine Patch living at.

A text and phone call later I found out that the road construction place was about five minutes from the real address...

SO it was about 4:00 PM when I finally hit Casa De Patch.

More later...
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:04 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:25 pm

@ kegs. I wasn't into him and I don't care if he finds me horrifying, but there's no reason to make an announcement. Keep it to yourself.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:06 am

In some news that made a large smile appear on my face...

Summer blahs. - Page 4 11741287_1003525033011583_1203581877118298553_o

Berkeley Breathed is making new Bloom Countys!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1004028256294594/?type=1&theater
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:What helps your self esteem? A dude sitting next to you, changing seats, saying he's gonna go go sit by "the hot girls."
    I rationalize by telling myself he means skeezy skanks, and I'm out of his league.

Wow. What a moron. It's sad that in this modern world you just can't break his legs.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:55 pm

What helps your self esteem? A dude sitting next to you, changing seats, saying he's gonna go go sit by "the hot girls."
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:51 pm

*eats all the chips and drinks all the beer*
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm home from work on Friday night after leaving a little early because it was slow at work and I didn't feel quite right.  Now I'm feeling a little less queasy (no-- I'm not pregnant) and I am ready to tell about my trip to Stephenville to shoot all the guns with Friend Patch.

I had a couple of projects to work on in the morning.  Laundry and an eye exam for new glasses to be precise, and every task was...complicated.  First, the Happy Joy laundry was closed because they are moving to smaller space in the same shopping center. (Boo!) I actually knew this was happening, but brought my clothes just in case and ended up buying quarters at Kroger and going back to my apartment to wash.  That was mistake number one.

The apartment laundry has the iffiest machines I've ever encountered and the dryer that tumbled my pants and work shirts did not heat up and left them a damp mess.  I had no desire to waste more quarters so I hung them up semi-wet and went on with my life.

The eye exam-- also a mess. The first place I went could not work me in until 5:00 PM.  The second place was staffed by a sort of surly receptionist who took my insurance card and later informed me that I am not covered for optical.  Like Hell I am not.  Turns out I opted for optical AND dental coverage but  either my HR department or the insurance company screwed up the coverage. Even today I have no idea if they're going to honor the coverage choice I opted for.

to be continued...

Harsh stuff man. Hope your weekend is better.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

to be continued...

Sounds like its time for What Polk is Drinking. (behind the sizzler of course)
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Polk's trip to Stephenville.

to be continued...
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm off to wave a sign for a few hours. There's a new poll up by the way.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm going out later to watch my friends band play at some dive bar in the Highlands. It should be a good time. We shall see.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. Just got back from seeing Ant-Man. Fantastic freakin' movie. I can't recommend it enough. If you dig Marvel flicks, this is one of the best!

Arkay, have fun with the shower thingy, Send us some pics.

Glad to hear you liked it. I guess I'm going to give it a try. I should have never doubted Marvel they cannot be stopped.

I had my doubts as well. After things fell through with Edgar Wright, I wasn't sure if this would be Marvel's first misfire or not. I'm happy to say that it's a damn good movie, and one of their best origin stories so far.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:25 am

NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. Just got back from seeing Ant-Man. Fantastic freakin' movie. I can't recommend it enough. If you dig Marvel flicks, this is one of the best!

Glad to hear you liked it. I guess I'm going to give it a try. I should have never doubted Marvel they cannot be stopped.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:15 am

Hi guys. Just got back from seeing Ant-Man. Fantastic freakin' movie. I can't recommend it enough. If you dig Marvel flicks, this is one of the best!

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm leaving work and won't be back until Monday! Hahaha!
    Oh, wait, I'm taking off early to finish homework and bridal shower stuff. Still, it's not work.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:55 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I don't have a picture of the beers from last night.  I remember that they were the one we've talked about recently but I can't exactly remember the name.

Summer blahs. - Page 4 UwNMVsX
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

Fairly all right. It was sunny today, but not too hot. Good weather for waiving a sign and reading an audiobook.

That's good. It's has finally topped the 100 mark here. That is great for us. We usually see this much earlier in the summer. What are you reading?
    I have been wanting to get an audio book to listen to. I finished Armor a couple of months ago and haven't tried another since.

I got this Itunes app version. If you are an apple user.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/armor-by-john-steakley/id365983341?mt=8

Here it is on Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Armor/dp/B002ONP2WM

Lately I've been reading the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. Great stuff. It's a satirical fantasy series that pokes fun at the convention of typical fantasy stories, while also telling really good fantasy stories.

I'll have to take a look at Armor sometime, sounds neat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 am