TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:33 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:evening gang.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 LtaaMgH

Educational tidbit...when you look up a "hello" gif on tumblr, there are a LOT of vaginas that come up as results.

verifying.... back in five minutes
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:36 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Educational tidbit...when you look up a "hello" gif on tumblr, there are a LOT of vaginas that come up as results.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:30 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 pm

evening gang.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 pm

I'm still feeling a bit "blurgh" from getting over a cold, so I've canceled what few plans I have that involve going outside today (except for maybe a trip to the grocery store when the rain stops) and took some generic dayqil. I might not post much else til tomorrow, but there's a new poll up.

Also, here's a dancing pic for Arkay.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 A39d249b4a4c1920a02745f560a38dbe
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Funeral was a little rough. I didn't really know him that well, but of course, I knew his wife. But he's only a few years older than my dad, and his 2 sons are a little older than me, so it was a little too easy to start imagining things. I believe I will have a few beverages this evening.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Patch wrote:Morning everyone. How was the weekend?

Here are some legs for supes.
    Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 XQllBC3

Smile
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:40 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

Technically, today is my weekend. It's the only day I have where I don't have to be at work or school. It's going okay so far.

Also, here's a butt for Arkay.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mew7hddusd1r2apj5o1_1280

Ooh, nice one.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Technically, today is my weekend. It's the only day I have where I don't have to be at work or school. It's going okay so far.

Also, here's a butt for Arkay.

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 Tumblr_mew7hddusd1r2apj5o1_1280
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 am

Morning everyone. How was the weekend?

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:48 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:Going to the funeral this morning.  Pretty sad day.  And I have to finish my term paper tonight, due tomorrow evening.  So...I'm gonna need some butts.  And some dancing.  And some good legs.

I'll kick things off.
    Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 6 Pp3kA3A
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:38 am

Going to the funeral this morning. Pretty sad day. And I have to finish my term paper tonight, due tomorrow evening. So...I'm gonna need some butts. And some dancing. And some good legs.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Today was a weird shift at the pizza factory. Went in for my usual Saturday shift of 11-2, and hour break and then 3-6. While on my lunch break I was idly looking at the schedule and noticed that my hours for today are listed as 11-4, and that's also on the schedule for next week. When the current schedule went up last week, I looked it over and was certain it was the same hours as always. I talked to my boss and he was also surprised by it. Apparently one of the other managers changed it this week because of the game time for the Oregon Ducks, and hadn't bothered to pass it along. He told me to just do my normal hours for today and do the new hours next week. I'm glad things worked out, but for a moment I was worried that I was in trouble for being late.

On another worked related note, I'm thinking of requesting November 1st off. I'm hosting a party for Halloween, and it'd be nice to stay up all night and not have to worry about being up early in the morning for work, but I'm not sure I can afford to lose five hours off my paycheck. Oh cruel life!

My very first job was at a fast food restaurant.  The schedule came out on Tuesdays.  Most people, if they didn't work that day, came up or called to ask for their schedule because who wants to wait to find out?  My bosses were notorious for changing a schedule without asking or telling, because they'd look and see that Rebecca didn't work Tues or Wed, so clearly she has no idea what the new schedule is, because why would anyone come up here to ask, and they'd change it and not say anything.  Then I'd get a call wanting to know where I was, and I'd say I'm not scheduled to work today, and I'd get up there and see the white out.  

I once worked for a clothing retail outlet store where we were required to schedule people as "on call" Meaning they had to call the store at four to see if we needed them to work at five.

It was cruel
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 am

NebulaJack wrote:Today was a weird shift at the pizza factory. Went in for my usual Saturday shift of 11-2, and hour break and then 3-6. While on my lunch break I was idly looking at the schedule and noticed that my hours for today are listed as 11-4, and that's also on the schedule for next week. When the current schedule went up last week, I looked it over and was certain it was the same hours as always. I talked to my boss and he was also surprised by it. Apparently one of the other managers changed it this week because of the game time for the Oregon Ducks, and hadn't bothered to pass it along. He told me to just do my normal hours for today and do the new hours next week. I'm glad things worked out, but for a moment I was worried that I was in trouble for being late.

On another worked related note, I'm thinking of requesting November 1st off. I'm hosting a party for Halloween, and it'd be nice to stay up all night and not have to worry about being up early in the morning for work, but I'm not sure I can afford to lose five hours off my paycheck. Oh cruel life!

My very first job was at a fast food restaurant. The schedule came out on Tuesdays. Most people, if they didn't work that day, came up or called to ask for their schedule because who wants to wait to find out? My bosses were notorious for changing a schedule without asking or telling, because they'd look and see that Rebecca didn't work Tues or Wed, so clearly she has no idea what the new schedule is, because why would anyone come up here to ask, and they'd change it and not say anything. Then I'd get a call wanting to know where I was, and I'd say I'm not scheduled to work today, and I'd get up there and see the white out.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:54 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We found out late yesterday that the husband of my former coworker (the lady who retired, which caused the hiring of the ex Lazy Coworker and the current Dim Coworker) passed away.  I'm not sure what happened exactly, but a few weeks ago he wasn't feeling well, had trouble breathing.  The hospital here couldn't figure it out and referred him to WF.  After a week of testing there, they determined that he didn't have any cancer, but didn't know anything else, and referred to a hospital in Dallas.  That hospital put him in a medically induced coma, ran multitudes of tests, put him on a breathing machine to help him get full breaths of air.  Then his kidneys started failing.  Then they took him out of the coma, only he never woke up.  They made the decision to stop the dialysis and stop the breathing machines (it wasn't life support, just oxygen).  I say all that to say that things can happen at any time that can't be fixed, so don't wait around to do things (Polk, go see Penn and Teller!).  

I wonder if it was West Nile virus.  The virulent form can kill people especially older folks with weaker immune systems. I'm planning on really seeing things at Vegas next month.  Then we'll see if iI want to do a concert inDallas.

My real dream is to fly to new York for the new year eve tmbg concert in Brooklyn. l

The last thing anyone else had heard, they were thinking it was pneumonia of some kind...not straight up pneumonia, but some form of it

Ugh, stay away from the people with pneumonia.  Even if you've already had your pneumonia vaccination. Mine did shit for me.
    The
    Would like to say once again how happy we are you recovered.

That's right. I almost forgot about that time Kegs liked to died.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:51 am

kegs wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We found out late yesterday that the husband of my former coworker (the lady who retired, which caused the hiring of the ex Lazy Coworker and the current Dim Coworker) passed away.  I'm not sure what happened exactly, but a few weeks ago he wasn't feeling well, had trouble breathing.  The hospital here couldn't figure it out and referred him to WF.  After a week of testing there, they determined that he didn't have any cancer, but didn't know anything else, and referred to a hospital in Dallas.  That hospital put him in a medically induced coma, ran multitudes of tests, put him on a breathing machine to help him get full breaths of air.  Then his kidneys started failing.  Then they took him out of the coma, only he never woke up.  They made the decision to stop the dialysis and stop the breathing machines (it wasn't life support, just oxygen).  I say all that to say that things can happen at any time that can't be fixed, so don't wait around to do things (Polk, go see Penn and Teller!).  

I wonder if it was West Nile virus.  The virulent form can kill people especially older folks with weaker immune systems. I'm planning on really seeing things at Vegas next month.  Then we'll see if iI want to do a concert inDallas.

My real dream is to fly to new York for the new year eve tmbg concert in Brooklyn. l

The last thing anyone else had heard, they were thinking it was pneumonia of some kind...not straight up pneumonia, but some form of it

Ugh, stay away from the people with pneumonia.  Even if you've already had your pneumonia vaccination. Mine did shit for me.

Would like to say once again how happy we are you recovered.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:49 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

One of the things I like about the show is that the writers created a language for the Pacuni to speak and they don't write lazy and just let everyone talk to each other in English (I'm looking at you Star Trek.) Now he Marshals have to figure out what the hell Chaka is talking about even though they only know a few words of his language.

For all the praise that Star Trek gets for being more "realistic" than Star Wars, even Lucas had aliens speaking different languages and didn't solve it all with some bullshit "universal translator".

On LOTL there are whole scenes where the Marshal family is speaking broken Pacuni to Chaka, who is agitated and trying to explain something and upset that they don't get it. I kind of admire the (kid?) they put in the Chaka suit. He was pretty convincing as a subhuman primate trying to deal with some bullshit from his more evolved cousins.

I haven't seen that show since I was a kid. Reading your posts about them has stirred up a bit've nostalgia. One of these days, I'll have to rewatch it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:29 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

One of the things I like about the show is that the writers created a language for the Pacuni to speak and they don't write lazy and just let everyone talk to each other in English (I'm looking at you Star Trek.) Now he Marshals have to figure out what the hell Chaka is talking about even though they only know a few words of his language.

For all the praise that Star Trek gets for being more "realistic" than Star Wars, even Lucas had aliens speaking different languages and didn't solve it all with some bullshit "universal translator".

On LOTL there are whole scenes where the Marshal family is speaking broken Pacuni to Chaka, who is agitated and trying to explain something and upset that they don't get it. I kind of admire the (kid?) they put in the Chaka suit. He was pretty convincing as a subhuman primate trying to deal with some bullshit from his more evolved cousins.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Today was a weird shift at the pizza factory. Went in for my usual Saturday shift of 11-2, and hour break and then 3-6. While on my lunch break I was idly looking at the schedule and noticed that my hours for today are listed as 11-4, and that's also on the schedule for next week. When the current schedule went up last week, I looked it over and was certain it was the same hours as always. I talked to my boss and he was also surprised by it. Apparently one of the other managers changed it this week because of the game time for the Oregon Ducks, and hadn't bothered to pass it along. He told me to just do my normal hours for today and do the new hours next week. I'm glad things worked out, but for a moment I was worried that I was in trouble for being late.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:45 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:08 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Ugh, stay away from the people with pneumonia. Even if you've already had your pneumonia vaccination. Mine did shit for me.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:02 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

God Dammit Chaka.  You knew that portal was there.  When it randomly opened back up why did you walk right in to it?

Chaka when the walls fell!?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:41 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Land of the Lost: One of Our Pylons Is Missing

Editor's note: A Pylon in the LOTL is a obelisk-like golden structure about ten feet tall.  It has Tardis-like properties.  It is larger on the inside than it is on the outside.  It also has a control table inside that functions to control things like time and space.  At least one pylon controls the weather in the Land of the Lost.

Back to the story.  The Marshall family is mapping all the local pylons.  Chaka, who is carrying their basket full of lunch, is frightened by a dinosaur and runs away.  As he runs a portal opens in the sand and the dino charging him tumbles into aoner dimension.  Chaka is bewildered. (It doesn't take much to bewilder Chaka.)  The Chaka loses his lunch.

"Ganzo Besaza" -- Big Magic

God Dammit Chaka. You knew that portal was there. When it randomly opened back up why did you walk right in to it?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:40 am

Land of the Lost: One of Our Pylons Is Missing

Editor's note: A Pylon in the LOTL is a obelisk-like golden structure about ten feet tall. It has Tardis-like properties. It is larger on the inside than it is on the outside. It also has a control table inside that functions to control things like time and space. At least one pylon controls the weather in the Land of the Lost.

Back to the story. The Marshall family is mapping all the local pylons. Chaka, who is carrying their basket full of lunch, is frightened by a dinosaur and runs away. As he runs a portal opens in the sand and the dino charging him tumbles into aoner dimension. Chaka is bewildered. (It doesn't take much to bewilder Chaka.) The Chaka loses his lunch.

"Ganzo Besaza" -- Big Magic

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Live that dream!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:27 am