TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
James.k.Polk
Patch
6 posters

Polk's Birthday bash Thread

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Polk's Birthday bash Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Polk's Birthday bash Thread

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:45 am

Patch wrote:Speaking of Twilight, the news just said there is a role reversal twilight book. The same story, many of the exact same sentences, just flipped. I could say how lazy that is, and how it shows, you are a one trick pony, but instead I'll say, I'm impressed. How brilliant is it to realize you can bilk your loyal fans for more money with little effort on your part. Shameless and genius.
    I should write a book.

Problem is I know you have some actual story writing skill. Therefore your book would take a year to write and no publisher would be interested.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:31 am

Speaking of Twilight, the news just said there is a role reversal twilight book. The same story, many of the exact same sentences, just flipped. I could say how lazy that is, and how it shows, you are a one trick pony, but instead I'll say, I'm impressed. How brilliant is it to realize you can bilk your loyal fans for more money with little effort on your part. Shameless and genius.
    I should write a book.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 am

Patch wrote:I just saw the Jem and the holograms trailer. Not sure what I was expecting, but it looks bad. Twilight bad.

I'm gonna come right out and say that I will pay for Arkay to see this film. I'll even pay for a pre movie beer and some popcorn.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 am

I just saw the Jem and the holograms trailer. Not sure what I was expecting, but it looks bad. Twilight bad.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Y'all are sweet for suggesting I pay for sex

I was just messing with ya. I don't think you should pay for sex. I'd guess it's probably safer at a brothel, that I imagine, but I would paranoid for years after that I caught every disease known to man.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I already had them fix it.  I figured three hundred is OK compared to wheels Falling off or something that might kill me.  Was hoping the repair would be in the 150 range,  but it was OK.

There goes your bunny ranch money

Y'all are sweet for suggesting I pay for sex and all, but honestly my sex drive is not that strong anyway and I have not felt any sexual urge strong enough to make me want to pay for it.

And as for dating, I've never been good at it and I am most of the time OK with that.

Arkay you often talk about creepy guys in bars... I pride myself that I'd rather be lonely than be a dirty old man. I father used to hit on every waitress he met. I once remember him bragging about banging a girl who was a grade behind me in school. I'm perfectly OK not being like dear old dad.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:36 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

I already had them fix it.  I figured three hundred is OK compared to wheels Falling off or something that might kill me.  Was hoping the repair would be in the 150 range,  but it was OK.

There goes your bunny ranch money
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:27 pm

New Poll is up.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:24 pm

NebulaJack wrote:I'll add my voice in favor of online dating. I've got a profile on OK Cupid, and with some effort, I've managed to get some decent results. It's very often a "shotgun" approach where I'll send an intro message to half a dozen or more people, and if I'm lucky, maybe one or two will respond. After getting that first response, there's the back and forth messaging that might result in a date or might end with the conversation stumbling to a halt. Out of the small handful of hits, there've been a lot of misses, but overall it's been worth the effort.

I'll also agree with Arkay about trying a prostitute. When I lived in Nevada with my dad back in 1998/99 we went to a brothel and it was a good experience. The Bunny Ranch is way over priced, but there might be some more affordable ones around Vegas that aren't so costly. Think of it as a potential option that's available is all I'm saying.

Exactly. Doesn't have to be the bunny ranch, that was just my example. I'm sure there are numerous options in a much more affordable range.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:08 pm

I'll add my voice in favor of online dating. I've got a profile on OK Cupid, and with some effort, I've managed to get some decent results. It's very often a "shotgun" approach where I'll send an intro message to half a dozen or more people, and if I'm lucky, maybe one or two will respond. After getting that first response, there's the back and forth messaging that might result in a date or might end with the conversation stumbling to a halt. Out of the small handful of hits, there've been a lot of misses, but overall it's been worth the effort.

I'll also agree with Arkay about trying a prostitute. When I lived in Nevada with my dad back in 1998/99 we went to a brothel and it was a good experience. The Bunny Ranch is way over priced, but there might be some more affordable ones around Vegas that aren't so costly. Think of it as a potential option that's available is all I'm saying.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:In other news,  iI had to have my car serviced yesterday.  The front end strut mounts were broken.  Idon't know what that means exactly but it's three hundred dollars to repair.

It mean you ride will smooth out if repaired. It means your tires will wear unevenly if not and it could mean you lose control of the car if you are bouncing all over the place, but that would be a worst case.

I already had them fix it. I figured three hundred is OK compared to wheels Falling off or something that might kill me. Was hoping the repair would be in the 150 range, but it was OK.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:51 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    And I have mental blocks about this.  I think no one would want a damaged person like me who drives a 15 year old car and who lives in a studio apartment.  In other words, iIdon't think that a woman I would want would want me back.

First off buddy, you need to let go of this part. "That I get emotionally invested and then disappointment follows" Go into it with a different attitude. It's very liberating dating someone that you have no expectations about. You can be anything you want. Be a bit mysterious, be unavailable, and most of all be cool.

Selective truth is your friend when you are dating. Highlight the good, let them figure out the bad. You have to understand they are doing the same thing. Go out on a few dates, nothing serious, and don't get attached. Being selective isn't a bad thing, If you wait and get your dating legs back under you, you might find that person you do want to build with.

I can tell you the only way, online dating worked for me was when I went all in. I made a real this is me profile, didn't post a pic, searched for possibilities and got no responses.
    I committed and got some pics up, made a clever, funny profile, that was more who I wanted to be than who I was at the time. After that I never had to search for possibilities. They came out of the woodwork. I'd have messages and winks every time I checked it.

Now Supes may give you different female advice, but my feeling on he subject is, if everyone was totally honest up front, no one would ever date. Go have some fun, if you find someone you like and you think it's mutual, you will both be able to overlook the weird freaky stuff later, that could keep you from ever starting.

I really do appreciate the advice, I swear.  But this has been how iI am my whole life.  My wife and I met when we both worked at taco Bueno.  But it took every single person working there to arrange even our first date.  They pretty much figured out that I liked her,  and that she liked me.  Then they spent literally weeks convincing me to ask her out.

Of course it went great.  No regrets about the early part of our life together.

Guess iIdon't know what I'm trying gG to say except that the passive,  make no move mentality is something like thirty years old at this point and I'm so used to it as to feel. Like it is normal.

I'm glad you two care about this.

Even if you don't make a love connection, maybe you'll find a friend.  You know, you go on a date or 2, and it doesn't work out.  No chemistry or whatever.  But you have a lot in common, and maybe she'll be receptive to being friends only.  Now you each have someone to go the museum with, that type of thing.

And maybe you don't join a dating site, but maybe you become involved in something-take one of those rec center art classes (I'm sure the options are limitless in the DFW area) or something like that.  Be around those with similar interests and you never know.  Maybe no lady in the class, but maybe someone has a cousin or a friend that they think is perfect for you.

I would join something like that, but alas, I live in the sticks.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:49 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote: rec center art classes (I'm sure the options are limitless in the DFW area) or something like that.  Be around those with similar interests and you never know.  Maybe no lady in the class, but maybe someone has a cousin or a friend that they think is perfect for you.

An art class sound perfect. 2 likes for this idea.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:47 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:In other news,  iI had to have my car serviced yesterday.  The front end strut mounts were broken.  Idon't know what that means exactly but it's three hundred dollars to repair.

It mean you ride will smooth out if repaired. It means your tires will wear unevenly if not and it could mean you lose control of the car if you are bouncing all over the place, but that would be a worst case.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:46 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    And I have mental blocks about this.  I think no one would want a damaged person like me who drives a 15 year old car and who lives in a studio apartment.  In other words, iIdon't think that a woman I would want would want me back.

First off buddy, you need to let go of this part. "That I get emotionally invested and then disappointment follows" Go into it with a different attitude. It's very liberating dating someone that you have no expectations about. You can be anything you want. Be a bit mysterious, be unavailable, and most of all be cool.

Selective truth is your friend when you are dating. Highlight the good, let them figure out the bad. You have to understand they are doing the same thing. Go out on a few dates, nothing serious, and don't get attached. Being selective isn't a bad thing, If you wait and get your dating legs back under you, you might find that person you do want to build with.

I can tell you the only way, online dating worked for me was when I went all in. I made a real this is me profile, didn't post a pic, searched for possibilities and got no responses.
    I committed and got some pics up, made a clever, funny profile, that was more who I wanted to be than who I was at the time. After that I never had to search for possibilities. They came out of the woodwork. I'd have messages and winks every time I checked it.

Now Supes may give you different female advice, but my feeling on he subject is, if everyone was totally honest up front, no one would ever date. Go have some fun, if you find someone you like and you think it's mutual, you will both be able to overlook the weird freaky stuff later, that could keep you from ever starting.

I really do appreciate the advice, I swear.  But this has been how iI am my whole life.  My wife and I met when we both worked at taco Bueno.  But it took every single person working there to arrange even our first date.  They pretty much figured out that I liked her,  and that she liked me.  Then they spent literally weeks convincing me to ask her out.

Of course it went great.  No regrets about the early part of our life together.

Guess iIdon't know what I'm trying gG to say except that the passive,  make no move mentality is something like thirty years old at this point and I'm so used to it as to feel. Like it is normal.

Even if you don't make a love connection, maybe you'll find a friend. You know, you go on a date or 2, and it doesn't work out. No chemistry or whatever. But you have a lot in common, and maybe she'll be receptive to being friends only. Now you each have someone to go the museum with, that type of thing.

And maybe you don't join a dating site, but maybe you become involved in something-take one of those rec center art classes (I'm sure the options are limitless in the DFW area) or something like that. Be around those with similar interests and you never know. Maybe no lady in the class, but maybe someone has a cousin or a friend that they think is perfect for you.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 pm

In other news, iI had to have my car serviced yesterday. The front end strut mounts were broken. Idon't know what that means exactly but it's three hundred dollars to repair.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I really do appreciate the advice, I swear. But this has been how iI am my whole life. My wife and I met when we both worked at taco Bueno. But it took every single person working there to arrange even our first date. They pretty much figured out that I liked her, and that she liked me. Then they spent literally weeks convincing me to ask her out.

Of course it went great. No regrets about the early part of our life together.

Guess iIdon't know what I'm trying gG to say except that the passive, make no move mentality is something like thirty years old at this point and I'm so used to it as to feel. Like it is normal.

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:07 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:59 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Its been fifteen years.  Why does this woman still live in my dream house?  Why do I  have the big  maze-like house dream to begin with?

I think you need to get laid, or at the very least date, in hopes of getting laid.

You were kicking around an online dating profile a while back. Did you ever do anything with that?

I second that.

My boss set up a Zoosk account for me two years ago.  But you have to pay to play and iI never seem to have the will togive someone sixty bucks for the privilege of being rejected by women.
    It
    Reading the profiles on that site I have no confidence iIwould have any success at all.  The women whose pictures Internet me all have code language attached.  Things like "iI believe physical attraction isimportant"  which iIread as "short fat guys need  not apply"

Or there's the "iI work out every day andwould like a gym partner,  same translation.

I'm not saying this for pity points.  It's just been my experience that I don't know how to attract a mate.  That I get emotionally invested and then disappointment follows. Conversely, People in my store have even said "man that woman was flirting with you"  and I've always been surprised because I just never clue in on it.

Re: the dating site, if you try to match with many women, at some point, you'll get a response.  It only takes one.

By the way, you are going to Vegas.  While not legal in Vegas, it is legal in the county.  So you could get a hooker.  Go to the bunny ranch or whatever.  Get the "getting laid" part out of the way.  No emotional investment.

I'm really not sure I would ever have the sheer nerve and the self loathing required to pay for Sex.  And I am given to understand that prices  at places like the bunny Ranch are prohibitive.  Like a thousand dollars a night. Or more.

How does one get into a cab and say "take me to the bunny Ranch."

Also,  I amextremely aware of how easy it is to come across as that creepy old guy who flirts inappropriately or bothers women who he has no chance with.  

I imagine that cab drivers hear "take me to the bunny ranch" ALL THE TIME.  Also, it's not about self-loathing.  Well, sometimes it is.  I imagine self-loathing is the paying $50 for a bj in a dirty alleyway from a 60 year old woman with 2 teeth.  I'm not saying some of the guys there aren't down on themselves, but I imagine many of the men are there because the women will be adventurous and he can indulge a fantasy that he might not be able to with a lady he's dating (certainly he may be embarrassed by it or he may worry that she'll tell someone what weird fetishes he has) or that he doesn't have to put a lot of effort in.  No dating.  He can get some without having to worry about the trappings of a relationship.

To be honest it's the companionship and emotional closeness iI miss more than thephysical parts. lL take blood press pills with mess withone's sexual function anyway which is another reason I am hesitant to jump into a dating situation.

I sound like a bigger mess than I am.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:54 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

Its been fifteen years.  Why does this woman still live in my dream house?  Why do I  have the big  maze-like house dream to begin with?

I think you need to get laid, or at the very least date, in hopes of getting laid.

You were kicking around an online dating profile a while back. Did you ever do anything with that?

I second that.

My boss set up a Zoosk account for me two years ago.  But you have to pay to play and iI never seem to have the will togive someone sixty bucks for the privilege of being rejected by women.
    It
    Reading the profiles on that site I have no confidence iIwould have any success at all.  The women whose pictures Internet me all have code language attached.  Things like "iI believe physical attraction isimportant"  which iIread as "short fat guys need  not apply"

Or there's the "iI work out every day andwould like a gym partner,  same translation.

I'm not saying this for pity points.  It's just been my experience that I don't know how to attract a mate.  That I get emotionally invested and then disappointment follows. Conversely, People in my store have even said "man that woman was flirting with you"  and I've always been surprised because I just never clue in on it.

Re: the dating site, if you try to match with many women, at some point, you'll get a response.  It only takes one.

By the way, you are going to Vegas.  While not legal in Vegas, it is legal in the county.  So you could get a hooker.  Go to the bunny ranch or whatever.  Get the "getting laid" part out of the way.  No emotional investment.

I'm really not sure I would ever have the sheer nerve and the self loathing required to pay for Sex.  And I am given to understand that prices  at places like the bunny Ranch are prohibitive.  Like a thousand dollars a night. Or more.

Also,  I amextremely aware of how easy it is to come across as that creepy old guy who flirts inappropriately or bothers women who he has no chance with.  

I imagine that cab drivers hear "take me to the bunny ranch" ALL THE TIME. Also, it's not about self-loathing. Well, sometimes it is. I imagine self-loathing is the paying $50 for a bj in a dirty alleyway from a 60 year old woman with 2 teeth. I'm not saying some of the guys there aren't down on themselves, but I imagine many of the men are there because the women will be adventurous and he can indulge a fantasy that he might not be able to with a lady he's dating (certainly he may be embarrassed by it or he may worry that she'll tell someone what weird fetishes he has) or that he doesn't have to put a lot of effort in. No dating. He can get some without having to worry about the trappings of a relationship.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:28 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I second that.

It

Also, I amextremely aware of how easy it is to come across as that creepy old guy who flirts inappropriately or bothers women who he has no chance with.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:06 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I second that.

It

Re: the dating site, if you try to match with many women, at some point, you'll get a response. It only takes one.

By the way, you are going to Vegas. While not legal in Vegas, it is legal in the county. So you could get a hooker. Go to the bunny ranch or whatever. Get the "getting laid" part out of the way. No emotional investment.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:44 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I second that.

My boss set up a Zoosk account for me two years ago. But you have to pay to play and iI never seem to have the will togive someone sixty bucks for the privilege of being rejected by women.
    It
    Reading the profiles on that site I have no confidence iIwould have any success at all. The women whose pictures Internet me all have code language attached. Things like "iI believe physical attraction isimportant" which iIread as "short fat guys need not apply"

Or there's the "iI work out every day andwould like a gym partner, same translation.

And I have mental blocks about this. I think no one would want a damaged person like me who drives a 15 year old car and who lives in a studio apartment. In other words, iIdon't think that a woman I would want would want me back.

I'm not saying this for pity points. It's just been my experience that I don't know how to attract a mate. That I get emotionally invested and then disappointment follows. Conversely, People in my store have even said "man that woman was flirting with you" and I've always been surprised because I just never clue in on it.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:00 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I second that.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:27 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:33 am