TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
kegs
6 posters

Summer Huzzahs!

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Huzzahs!

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:My idiot coworker is spraying scented Lysol air freshener on her feet.  She loves air freshener and has been told to tone down the spraying, because it's caused coughing fits in people walking by her office.  So...is she spraying it on her feet because she loves the smell of scented lysol?  Or because her feet stink and she mistakenly thinks Lysol will change that?  What is happening?  

A couple of ideas.  She has a psychological thing she's not admitting to.  Perhaps she thinks she can smell her own sweat or something and opts to cover what she *thinks* is an offensive odor.

Maybe she eats a lot of raw veggies and farts a lot.

Maybe she s just a contrarian and wants to do what she wants in spite of someone complaining about it.

I'm betting it's the psych thing.

Well, she forgets a lot of things.  She'll do something or not do something and our boss will say something and she acts like it's brand new information.

I imagine it's psychological, because I think she has some other mental issues, based on how she acts sometimes.  It's just weird to walk in and see something spraying themselves with lysol.

I'm also aware that I probably have a bad tone when I talk about her.  She makes my life difficult, and 40 hours of that every week can wear on you.  But I'm trying to develop a more "whatever" attitude.

If this is the same woman who has things scribbled on pieces of paper that she later can't find when she needs them, I am leaning towards a learning disability. I know that was a theory of yours as well.

She might be highly functional but just marginal IQ. I knew a girl like that once. Looked and acted normal. Ask her any question requiring her to know something and she'd giggle and get embarrassed and let on that she "isn't smart"
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:04 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:My idiot coworker is spraying scented Lysol air freshener on her feet.  She loves air freshener and has been told to tone down the spraying, because it's caused coughing fits in people walking by her office.  So...is she spraying it on her feet because she loves the smell of scented lysol?  Or because her feet stink and she mistakenly thinks Lysol will change that?  What is happening?  

A couple of ideas.  She has a psychological thing she's not admitting to.  Perhaps she thinks she can smell her own sweat or something and opts to cover what she *thinks* is an offensive odor.

Maybe she s just a contrarian and wants to do what she wants in spite of someone complaining about it.

Well, she forgets a lot of things.  She'll do something or not do something and our boss will say something and she acts like it's brand new information.

I imagine it's psychological, because I think she has some other mental issues, based on how she acts sometimes.  It's just weird to walk in and see something spraying themselves with lysol.

I'm also aware that I probably have a bad tone when I talk about her. She makes my life difficult, and 40 hours of that every week can wear on you. But I'm trying to develop a more "whatever" attitude.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:54 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:

Well, she forgets a lot of things. She'll do something or not do something and our boss will say something and she acts like it's brand new information.

I imagine it's psychological, because I think she has some other mental issues, based on how she acts sometimes. It's just weird to walk in and see something spraying themselves with lysol.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:35 pm

A couple of ideas. She has a psychological thing she's not admitting to. Perhaps she thinks she can smell her own sweat or something and opts to cover what she *thinks* is an offensive odor.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:31 am

My idiot coworker is spraying scented Lysol air freshener on her feet. She loves air freshener and has been told to tone down the spraying, because it's caused coughing fits in people walking by her office. So...is she spraying it on her feet because she loves the smell of scented lysol? Or because her feet stink and she mistakenly thinks Lysol will change that? What is happening?
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:01 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Where is everyone?

I just got back from Portland, so I'm here. At home.

I knew your whereabouts, and Patch's.  I hope we haven't been abandoned.

I'm still around. Just that I tend to be more reactionary, which means when no one else is posting stuff, I get quiet too.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 am

NebulaJack wrote:

I knew your whereabouts, and Patch's. I hope we haven't been abandoned.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 am

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. I'm taking off to Portland for a few days, so I might not post a whole lot til I get back on Wednesday. See ya later.

Safe travels. I drove straight thru to Alabama worked today then drove a couple hours to Tuscaloosa
    Heading out in the morning for a 6 hour drive to work in Shreveport. Then 4 hours home. Breaking the new truck in right.

The travel was safe, but a pain in the ass. I forgot how much better amtrak buses are than greyhound. My return bus was delayed by an hour and a half, so I got back to town late. Totally sucked. The time spent in Portland was great though!
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:55 am

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Where is everyone?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. I'm taking off to Portland for a few days, so I might not post a whole lot til I get back on Wednesday. See ya later.

Safe travels. I drove straight thru to Alabama worked today then drove a couple hours to Tuscaloosa
    Heading out in the morning for a 6 hour drive to work in Shreveport. Then 4 hours home. Breaking the new truck in right.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Where's Polk? I hope to gross him out.
    My charred skin is now peeling away from my body.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Hi guys. I'm taking off to Portland for a few days, so I might not post a whole lot til I get back on Wednesday. See ya later.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:25 am

NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Re: the wedding I'm in.  I'm over the bachelorette party and it's still 2 weeks away.  The bride is convinced we have to go to a local winery tour and tasting, which is fine, except it has a minimum of number of participants, which we don't meet, so we have to pay the difference.  It's going to be almost $20 each, and that's if everyone else invited will attend, but it's totally worth it "because you get a chocolate tasting, too, and you can bring your own food."  We are going to dinner after it, so why would we bring food?  How is this a good deal?

So you have to pay enough to cover the number of attendees that are lacking? If you're paying for extra slots, why not find some random strangers to invite on the tour?

She only wants women she knows to be involved in her bach. party.  Plus, how do you tell someone "please come pay $13 for a wine tour, but then leave right after because you aren't invited to the rest of the party, we just don't want to pay any more money."

Just seems weird to pay for extra people if there's not any extra people. Maybe you could get some mannequins to fill in the empty numbers.

Oh, no, I agree, it's ridiculous to pay for people who aren't there. In order to taste some wines.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:28 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Re: the wedding I'm in.  I'm over the bachelorette party and it's still 2 weeks away.  The bride is convinced we have to go to a local winery tour and tasting, which is fine, except it has a minimum of number of participants, which we don't meet, so we have to pay the difference.  It's going to be almost $20 each, and that's if everyone else invited will attend, but it's totally worth it "because you get a chocolate tasting, too, and you can bring your own food."  We are going to dinner after it, so why would we bring food?  How is this a good deal?

So you have to pay enough to cover the number of attendees that are lacking? If you're paying for extra slots, why not find some random strangers to invite on the tour?

She only wants women she knows to be involved in her bach. party.  Plus, how do you tell someone "please come pay $13 for a wine tour, but then leave right after because you aren't invited to the rest of the party, we just don't want to pay any more money."

Just seems weird to pay for extra people if there's not any extra people. Maybe you could get some mannequins to fill in the empty numbers.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:18 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

I've had worse offers.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:54 pm

NebulaJack wrote:

She only wants women she knows to be involved in her bach. party. Plus, how do you tell someone "please come pay $13 for a wine tour, but then leave right after because you aren't invited to the rest of the party, we just don't want to pay any more money."
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:14 am

rkwsuperstar wrote:How is a picture with Steve Amell a punishment?  

True. So you get the pic with Stephen they have to get theirs taken with me and Polk.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:41 am

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:The bride is not reasonable, by the way.  Her first request for the bach. party was for all of us to get a room at the Gaylord Texan.  It's almost $400/night.  She said "but all 9 of us can stay in one room."  Uh, no, the Gaylord isn't the Motel 6, they don't let you just pile a bunch of people into the room.  Plus, why stay at a fancy place like that if you are going to have to sleep on the floor and share the bathroom with 8 other people?

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We are going to dinner after it, so why would we bring food?  How is this a good deal?

That sucks, but I'm guessing the bride thinks it's reasonable for everyone to accept that it's what she wants. Every other decisions is based on her so why not this one.
    When you take the plunge, you can get revenge by making them all join you at Comic con for Stephen Amell pictures.
    Summer Huzzahs! - Page 5 UjguZhG

I hear they have an amazing bar there, though.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:00 pm

The bride is not reasonable, by the way. Her first request for the bach. party was for all of us to get a room at the Gaylord Texan. It's almost $400/night. She said "but all 9 of us can stay in one room." Uh, no, the Gaylord isn't the Motel 6, they don't let you just pile a bunch of people into the room. Plus, why stay at a fancy place like that if you are going to have to sleep on the floor and share the bathroom with 8 other people?

Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:We are going to dinner after it, so why would we bring food?  How is this a good deal?

That sucks, but I'm guessing the bride thinks it's reasonable for everyone to accept that it's what she wants. Every other decisions is based on her so why not this one.
    When you take the plunge, you can get revenge by making them all join you at Comic con for Stephen Amell pictures.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:57 am

How is a picture with Steve Amell a punishment?

Yea, we will do what she wants, if we can all afford it, but I don't have to like it. Right now, only 2 other people have said they would be willing to pay the extra money for the tour, so if we don't get any more, it won't be worth the money. We could buy whole bottles of wine for the price we are going to pay to taste 8 wines.

Patch wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:58 am

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:14 am

Re: the wedding I'm in. I'm over the bachelorette party and it's still 2 weeks away. The bride is convinced we have to go to a local winery tour and tasting, which is fine, except it has a minimum of number of participants, which we don't meet, so we have to pay the difference. It's going to be almost $20 each, and that's if everyone else invited will attend, but it's totally worth it "because you get a chocolate tasting, too, and you can bring your own food." We are going to dinner after it, so why would we bring food? How is this a good deal?
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Evenin' gang. Not much going on lately. Getting excited for next week when I go up to Portland for a concert on my birthday. The next few shifts at work will probably feel longer for the anticipation. How y'all doin?

Also, new poll's up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 am