TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
kegs
6 posters

Summer Huzzahs!

Patch
    Patch
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 Empty Re: Summer Huzzahs!

Post by Patch Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Ten minutes later his wife calls. Demands to know why we didn't call er five months ago.  Claims that we called the kid, who is apparently too stupid to tell his mom he got a voicemail from the store.  Expects me to make good on the exchange arranged FIVE FUCKING MONTHS AGO because she says it's our fault she didn't get the message and come in FIVE FUCKING MONTHS AGO to swap the device.

I listen to her call me a liar.  I listen to her proclaim that she is "going to talk shit" about cell phone mining corp, inc to everyone she knows. I listen to her demand that I make good on the exchange of the phone.  I give her my district manager's number. And now I will drink whiskey.

Funny part is, she expects I am going to call her back to resolve the matter.

I am not.

Don't ya love it when people lose their shit over their own mistake and expect someone else to fix it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 Empty today I got yelled at.

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:00 pm

A customer walked in to my store today.

"I'm here to pick up my replacement phone."

I'm instantly filled with dread. I have no phone replacement for the person/account this guy is talking about. I do research. We did, in fact, order a warranty swap replacement phone for the device... In March.

We typically call the customer when the phone arrives. We leave a message if the customer does not answer. If no one shows up to get the phone within 10 days, we send the phone back. Those are the rules.

It has been close to five months and NOW they're here to swap the phone...

IN the meantime this kids iPhone 5C has a shattered screen and it looks like he tried to take the damaged glass off by peeling the metal frame that attached to the glass up and away. A damaged phone is not replaceable under warranty.

I explain to the guy that A) we can't hold a replacement phone that long and B) we would not be swapping it today if we had it in the store.

The guy leaves. Angry, but he goes.

Ten minutes later his wife calls. Demands to know why we didn't call er five months ago. Claims that we called the kid, who is apparently too stupid to tell his mom he got a voicemail from the store. Expects me to make good on the exchange arranged FIVE FUCKING MONTHS AGO because she says it's our fault she didn't get the message and come in FIVE FUCKING MONTHS AGO to swap the device.

I listen to her call me a liar. I listen to her proclaim that she is "going to talk shit" about cell phone mining corp, inc to everyone she knows. I listen to her demand that I make good on the exchange of the phone. I give her my district manager's number. And now I will drink whiskey.

Funny part is, she expects I am going to call her back to resolve the matter.

I am not.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Patch wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:

I *think* I interrupted two guys smoking weed at 8:00 AM on a Sunday outside my apartment.

I have never tried it, but after this weekend I would be tempted.

Friday after struggling with Windows 10 for a week I used the "go back to Windows 7" option. After following the directions it screwed my computer up completely. I had no mouse or keyboard to navigate, so no simple reload drivers option, was possible. I had to reset back to factory settings. I lost about 4 months of work. Most was backed up through mail so it's not a total loss, but still sucked and took hours to correct.

Saturday was volleyball day. Got up at 5 am, drove a couple hours to North Richland hills. Sat in a gym and watched games until 1pm. Did some shopping for the dorm room got home and put the finishing touches on furniture for the same dorm room. After that I reloaded my mail on the computer so I could work this morning, Hit the shower at 12 am and was spent.

Sunday up at 6am and loading the truck. On the road a little before 9 am to College Station. Got there unloaded, set up the room, then spent 2 hours driving around trying to find a bed frame. Since most stores were closed on Sunday, there was a lot of pull up, see they are closed, drive to the next. After not finding a bed we returned and did what we could to finish the room, grabbed a bite to eat and started the trek back home. Made it back at 10 pm.

I need a do over. This weekend wasn't at all relaxing.  

I'm beginning to think the weird sweet smell I have noticed in my apartment sometimes when I come home at night is the weed someone is smoking next door or down stairs.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:59 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

I *think* I interrupted two guys smoking weed at 8:00 AM on a Sunday outside my apartment.

I have never tried it, but after this weekend I would be tempted.

Friday after struggling with Windows 10 for a week I used the "go back to Windows 7" option. After following the directions it screwed my computer up completely. I had no mouse or keyboard to navigate, so no simple reload drivers option, was possible. I had to reset back to factory settings. I lost about 4 months of work. Most was backed up through mail so it's not a total loss, but still sucked and took hours to correct.

Saturday was volleyball day. Got up at 5 am, drove a couple hours to North Richland hills. Sat in a gym and watched games until 1pm. Did some shopping for the dorm room got home and put the finishing touches on furniture for the same dorm room. After that I reloaded my mail on the computer so I could work this morning, Hit the shower at 12 am and was spent.

Sunday up at 6am and loading the truck. On the road a little before 9 am to College Station. Got there unloaded, set up the room, then spent 2 hours driving around trying to find a bed frame. Since most stores were closed on Sunday, there was a lot of pull up, see they are closed, drive to the next. After not finding a bed we returned and did what we could to finish the room, grabbed a bite to eat and started the trek back home. Made it back at 10 pm.

I need a do over. This weekend wasn't at all relaxing.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:55 pm

This morning around 8:00 AM I left my apartment to go grocery shopping. I like to get my groceries at Wal-Mart because I can always find the stuff I want and they have the "italian ice" freezer pops I like when it is 105 degrees out.

As I was locking my door behind me I noticed motion out of the corner of my eye and thought I smelled that a skunk had nested in the area around my apartment door.

The motion was a young man who had been sitting on the lower steps of my apartment. By the time I got down to where he had been he and his friend had all but disappeared. As I went to my car I noticed them around a corner and halfway to the laundry area.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Today I am having a killer sinus headache and have spent most of the day hanging around the house and napping. I woke from a dream that I was napping because I had a headache. As I was turning the light in the living room back on, my wife emerged from another room. I approached her and took her hand. I was surprised that she did not pull away. she leads me towards the door to her bedroom.

It has been 15 years. Why am I still having dreams like this?
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:17 pm

NebulaJack wrote:Hi guys. New poll is up. Also, I don't think I mentioned a neat score from the other day. You might be aware of a youtube series called Thug Notes, it's literary summary and analysis with a hip hop/gangsta flavor. There's a book coming out on the 18th, which is my birthday. So I posted a request for a copy as a birthday present, and after asking for and receiving proof, the answer was yes! Free stuff, just because I asked.

Free stuff is fantastic.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi guys. New poll is up. Also, I don't think I mentioned a neat score from the other day. You might be aware of a youtube series called Thug Notes, it's literary summary and analysis with a hip hop/gangsta flavor. There's a book coming out on the 18th, which is my birthday. So I posted a request for a copy as a birthday present, and after asking for and receiving proof, the answer was yes! Free stuff, just because I asked.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:13 am

Morning campers.

This was supposed to be my relaxing summer after last years was so busy. It hasn't turned out that way. I have been running all over. I have a few weeks left and have two trips to College Station, a trip to Huntsville AL and now volleyball has kicked off. So we will have weekly trips all over for those games.

I'll be ready for the school year to start so I can slow down some.
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Also I high jacked patches polling station and made my own poll, so go take it.

Look at the name again. That's MY polling station... but I don't mind other people adding to the fun.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:51 pm

theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Orientation was this morning. It wasn't too bad. If you consider being surrounded by a bunch of 17-20 year olds not bad. One girl couldn't have even been 21 yet and was talking about her last job at the mall and how "teenagers driver her crazy and how much she was over them". I proceeded to pretend my Doctor K was poison and drank it furiously. Another kid proceeded to sit down next to me and talk about my beard and tattoos and what bands I liked for the next 15 minutes..Which wasn't to bad, I remember when I was a kid, but still. I'm just trying to enjoy my caffeinated beverage and make it through the next two hours without banging my head on the table. Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet up with some friends and shoot stuff, but it depends on the weather. Also I high jacked patches polling station and made my own poll, so go take it.

Bring your They Might Be Giants album tomorrow. That's guaranteed to confuse him.
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:56 pm

Orientation was this morning. It wasn't too bad. If you consider being surrounded by a bunch of 17-20 year olds not bad. One girl couldn't have even been 21 yet and was talking about her last job at the mall and how "teenagers driver her crazy and how much she was over them". I proceeded to pretend my Doctor K was poison and drank it furiously. Another kid proceeded to sit down next to me and talk about my beard and tattoos and what bands I liked for the next 15 minutes..Which wasn't to bad, I remember when I was a kid, but still. I'm just trying to enjoy my caffeinated beverage and make it through the next two hours without banging my head on the table. Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet up with some friends and shoot stuff, but it depends on the weather. Also I high jacked patches polling station and made my own poll, so go take it.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:29 am

James.k.Polk wrote:Sorry Kegs,

I been kind of tied up at work of late.  We've been short-handed and of course the goddamn office politics are driving me crazy.

There's a woman 28 years my junior who has been promoted beyond what she's earned.  Her one skill (besides misleading customers to make a sale) is stepping on people to get what she wants.  Anyway she's been angling to become the boss of my store and I've had to dodge that bullet like three times already.

Today my good boss (Mariela) and I are meeting with a business owner(?) about moving 60 lines of service to Cell Phone Mining Corp, Inc. That kind of boost could guarantee me a sizable bonus this month. Hope for the best!
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:26 am

Sorry Kegs,

I been kind of tied up at work of late. We've been short-handed and of course the goddamn office politics are driving me crazy.

There's a woman 28 years my junior who has been promoted beyond what she's earned. Her one skill (besides misleading customers to make a sale) is stepping on people to get what she wants. Anyway she's been angling to become the boss of my store and I've had to dodge that bullet like three times already.

theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:12 pm

The hell is this no one posting nonsense.....I EXPECT ENTERTAINMENT WHEN I COME HERE.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 am

The Deadpool trailer looks pretty good
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi guys. I just posted a poll with a question about a Disney movie that I've only seen once, over 2 and a half decades ago. I'd love to hear some input.

Also, how's august treatin' y'all so far?
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:05 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:let's post some dick pictures, shall we?

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 P23610_p_v7_aa
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 F0oNQtJ
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:51 pm

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 P23jLdG

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 14386010
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:24 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 Dickclarkbought
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:46 am

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 Fb1cdyA
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:45 am

let's post some dick pictures, shall we?
    Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 P23jLdG
    theIllustriousDrGonzo
    theIllustriousDrGonzo

Post by theIllustriousDrGonzo Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:33 am

kegs wrote:
    theIllustriousDrGonzo wrote:Today at the store a kid told me I was so ugly my mother fed me with a sling shot.....

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 7 GiuqKMb

I laughed my ass off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:41 pm