TR Haunt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TR Haunt

Come hangout

+2
Patch
kegs
6 posters

Summer Huzzahs!

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar
    Achieved rank by cheating

Summer Huzzahs! - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Huzzahs!

Post by rkwsuperstar Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:33 am

Dear Men, if you walk past a lady multiple times and never give her a 2nd glance, she will not be interested in you at 1:45 a.m. after every other woman you've hit on has left.
    Thank you.
    Ugh. Boys.
    kegs
    kegs
    Believes Timely and Gonzo are meant to be together

Post by kegs Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:01 pm

NebulaJack wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

You'd have me paying for a ticket for sure with a flick like that.

RDJ was in his 40's when he played Iron Man. He was old enough that you believed he could have run a successful business. The guy playing Reed in the new one, looks like a 12 yr old. I'm sure I'll catch it on cable at sometime, but I was really hoping the reboot would do the FF some justice.

Marvel- "They were created in 1961, you have plenty of source material."

Fox-"I know that has worked for you with your movies, but we like to throw out most of that, then change the stuff we keep. It allows us to fuck up the story so badly after a couple of movies, we have to reboot"

Just once I'd like to see an FF movie that takes place in the early '60s during the space race. Sadly, I don't even know if Marvel would do that if they got the rights back.

Nope, it'll just be more Fantastic Formulaic.

le sigh
    NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote:

RDJ was in his 40's when he played Iron Man. He was old enough that you believed he could have run a successful business. The guy playing Reed in the new one, looks like a 12 yr old. I'm sure I'll catch it on cable at sometime, but I was really hoping the reboot would do the FF some justice.

Fox-"I know that has worked for you with your movies, but we like to throw out most of that, then change the stuff we keep. It allows us to fuck up the story so badly after a couple of movies, we have to reboot"

Just once I'd like to see an FF movie that takes place in the early '60s during the space race. Sadly, I don't even know if Marvel would do that if they got the rights back.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:40 am

NebulaJack wrote:

Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:21 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Damn,  patch.  You could make a living as a writer I bet.

I'd watch the hell out of this F4 movie and I had zero inter estate in the comic versions

I wish. I enjoy writing but never seem to find the time. I used to write several times a week.

I have been working off and on, with a zombie story, told from 3 different times, during the first couple of years of an outbreak.
    Early on, a family holding up on their ranch, learning how it happened and learning how to survive.
    Near the end of the first year, a small roving group is trying to supply and fortify an pallet storage facility for the winter. Ramparts and walls made from the pallets, to reinforce the fence, and fuel to burn for warmth.
    And a loner, cut off from everyone, even later.

As the story progresses, you see a characters, cross paths. The girl at the from the ranch, now with the rovers, and could possibly be the loner later.
    The zombies aren't intelligent but do act instinctively, much like an animal will learn to recognize a threat and will seek cover if possible, or attack if not, rather than mindlessly stumble into the sights.

If I ever finish it I'm sure I'll be the only person that reads it. Still it's fun coming up with ideas.

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:31 am

James.k.Polk wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote: I still feel that Fant4stic was barely worth it. As bad as I expected it to be, it was still worse than that.

I wish they had done something closer to the original origin with the reboot. Cast older, make it lighter, have them already close, maybe even have Reed and Sue married, since family is what FF is about. They are trying to crack private space travel, so it's possible they would all be on the same mission.
    They crash back into Central Park, since New York is a FF staple. They transform on the spot so there is no secret identity crap to deal with. 3 of the 4 are fascinated, Reed and Sue from a Scientific stand point, Johnny from a "Look at me" view. Then Ben turns into the Thing, which allows some onlooker to give him his moniker. He runs off heading to his old neighborhood, where he scares the crap out of the Yancy street gang and the rivalry begins.

Unknown to all the crash site is contaminated and the closest and first on the scene at the crash was the future Mole man. He goes home and starts hearing things, voices, he is drawn to the subway system where he finds mutated minions, they lead him to a cavern of monsters, and he attacks.

Ben and Reed are reunited and fight over the transformation. Cool, one on one special effects, until Sue bubbles them both. Johnny runs in telling of the attack and the band back together. Small skirmish, and they get their ass handed to them for not working together.

Seriously patch,  I think you could write professionally.  The synopsis alone makes me want to see your F4 movie and I had zero interest in the comics.
    Science
    Science
    Big fight, team wrangles the monsters and capture mole man. Reed offers to cure him but Moleman declines and leaves to live underground. Reed is blamed for the destruction and spends his fortune fixing it. In the process he buys the Baxter building.
    Fast Fwd a few month, flying cars, robots, big portal to other dimensions, Sue comes to Reed who is studying a screen, a series of planets, light years away, have just disappeared. A strange anomaly seems to have arrived before each one died.
    The end

Post credit scene Flash back
    Von Dooms lab, cut outs of Reed's accomplishments are seen along with science journals and occult books. The back of a man is seen watching news of the fiery reentry of the FF. Doom makes a comment about Reed being incompetent  The screen shows the crash coming into view, pieces breaking off. Then one of them slams into Dooms lab, boom, Doom is covered in cosmic rays, chemicals and fire. He is thrown across the room. The camera zooms to a tight shot as he turns and you seen a hate filled eye, surrounded by burned flesh.

Damn,  patch.  You could make a living as a writer I bet.

I'd watch the hell out of this F4 movie and I had zero inter estate in the comic versions

NebulaJack
    NebulaJack
    Polk's drinking buddy
    Polk's drinking buddy

Post by NebulaJack Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:30 am

James.k.Polk wrote:so real quick,

what do we think about the news that Topless Robot is working on a reader forum?

Personally I think it's too little, too late.  I already find myself not dropping by the site as often.  If the first story of the morning doesn't interest me, I might not bother looking for another story to read until I get home at night-- by which time I probably already saw the news elsewhere.

I feel bad for Luke, and I don't know what the actual site stats are, but I just feel like a lot of the regular traffic is drifting away.

Which means a lot of people I liked interacting with are now gone.

I've been visiting the site less frequently since the change to Facebook. It used to be once a day, not it's more like once every two days. I didn't even see anything about a reader forum coming up the pike. Hopefully it'll make it a more fun place to hang out.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:37 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm off tomorrow.  
    Summer Huzzahs! - Page 3 JvXyZu8

From that gif it looks as thouhg the only thing you're off tomorrow are your meds. Very Happy
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:21 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:I'm off tomorrow.  

I'm not. But we sold five new lines today which is helpful... we need about 30 more by end of month to hit target.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:19 pm

rkwsuperstar wrote:
    James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Hey, Polk, here's a recipe for you.  Pizza Pot Pie.  From the comments, it seems you can adjust it how you like (ricotta cheese rather than cream cheese, pizza sauce, etc.).  
    http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/10/pizza-pot-pie.html

This looks good

I need a personal  sized one.  I'd never eat that much leftovers.

Also if I made it, Arkay,  would you eat it?

No.  Ew.

Interesting. what parts of it repel you?
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm off tomorrow.
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:38 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    rkwsuperstar wrote:Hey, Polk, here's a recipe for you.  Pizza Pot Pie.  From the comments, it seems you can adjust it how you like (ricotta cheese rather than cream cheese, pizza sauce, etc.).  

This looks good

No. Ew.
    kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:53 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:

This looks good

Cut the recipe in half and make them in muffin trays.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:03 pm

James.k.Polk wrote:
    Patch wrote:
    NebulaJack wrote: I still feel that Fant4stic was barely worth it. As bad as I expected it to be, it was still worse than that.

I wish they had done something closer to the original origin with the reboot. Cast older, make it lighter, have them already close, maybe even have Reed and Sue married, since family is what FF is about. They are trying to crack private space travel, so it's possible they would all be on the same mission.
    They crash back into Central Park, since New York is a FF staple. They transform on the spot so there is no secret identity crap to deal with. 3 of the 4 are fascinated, Reed and Sue from a Scientific stand point, Johnny from a "Look at me" view. Then Ben turns into the Thing, which allows some onlooker to give him his moniker. He runs off heading to his old neighborhood, where he scares the crap out of the Yancy street gang and the rivalry begins.

Unknown to all the crash site is contaminated and the closest and first on the scene at the crash was the future Mole man. He goes home and starts hearing things, voices, he is drawn to the subway system where he finds mutated minions, they lead him to a cavern of monsters, and he attacks.

Ben and Reed are reunited and fight over the transformation. Cool, one on one special effects, until Sue bubbles them both. Johnny runs in telling of the attack and the band back together. Small skirmish, and they get their ass handed to them for not working together.

Seriously patch,  I think you could write professionally.  The synopsis alone makes me want to see your F4 movie and I had zero interest in the comics.
    Science
    Science
    Big fight, team wrangles the monsters and capture mole man. Reed offers to cure him but Moleman declines and leaves to live underground. Reed is blamed for the destruction and spends his fortune fixing it. In the process he buys the Baxter building.
    Fast Fwd a few month, flying cars, robots, big portal to other dimensions, Sue comes to Reed who is studying a screen, a series of planets, light years away, have just disappeared. A strange anomaly seems to have arrived before each one died.
    The end

Von Dooms lab, cut outs of Reed's accomplishments are seen along with science journals and occult books. The back of a man is seen watching news of the fiery reentry of the FF. Doom makes a comment about Reed being incompetent  The screen shows the crash coming into view, pieces breaking off. Then one of them slams into Dooms lab, boom, Doom is covered in cosmic rays, chemicals and fire. He is thrown across the room. The camera zooms to a tight shot as he turns and you seen a hate filled eye, surrounded by burned flesh.

Damn, patch. You could make a living as a writer I bet.

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Patch wrote:

Seriously patch, I think you could write professionally. The synopsis alone makes me want to see your F4 movie and I had zero interest in the comics.
    Science
    Science
    The end

James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:00 am

Patch wrote:

This looks good

I need a personal sized one. I'd never eat that much leftovers.

Also if I made it, Arkay, would you eat it?
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:11 am

This looks good
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:14 pm

Hey, Polk, here's a recipe for you. Pizza Pot Pie. From the comments, it seems you can adjust it how you like (ricotta cheese rather than cream cheese, pizza sauce, etc.).
    rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 am

Patch, I'm sorry, but we can't having "thinking" involved in a movie plot.

Patch wrote:

Science
    Science
    The end

kegs
    kegs

Post by kegs Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:50 am

Patch wrote:

what do we think about the news that Topless Robot is working on a reader forum?

Personally I think it's too little, too late.  I already find myself not dropping by the site as often.  If the first story of the morning doesn't interest me, I might not bother looking for another story to read until I get home at night-- by which time I probably already saw the news elsewhere.

I feel bad for Luke, and I don't know what the actual site stats are, but I just feel like a lot of the regular traffic is drifting away.

I don't know how it will turn out but I'll give it a try. I still go to TR but don't feel up to commenting like we use to.

I do think, depending on how we register for the new forum, we take every version of Gonzo's name possible and make accounts just so he has to use something lame like, Bob to sign in. Razz  Razz  Razz

It would be funny for all of us to swap names, just to mess with people. Kegs, would be talking about gun ownership, Patch would be taking about hockey and moose, or whatever people in Canada talk about.

hehehe, great. Now I gotta go learn up on guns. Yeeehaw!
    Also, there are more than 3 people in Canada. We have varied interests besides hockey and moose. There is also beer and bears.

I'll stop by TR at the end of the day to see if there's anything interesting that day, but it's just not the same. Crying or Very sad
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:46 am

James.k.Polk wrote:

Neither have I.  But since I don't own any guns that's to be expected.

There is an easy fix for that.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:45 am

I don't know how it will turn out but I'll give it a try. I still go to TR but don't feel up to commenting like we use to.

I do think, depending on how we register for the new forum, we take every version of Gonzo's name possible and make accounts just so he has to use something lame like, Bob to sign in. Razz Razz Razz

It would be funny for all of us to swap names, just to mess with people. Kegs, would be talking about gun ownership, Patch would be taking about hockey and moose, or whatever people in Canada talk about.
    Patch
    Patch

Post by Patch Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:39 am

Science
    Science
    The end

Von Dooms lab, cut outs of Reed's accomplishments are seen along with science journals and occult books. The back of a man is seen watching news of the fiery reentry of the FF. Doom makes a comment about Reed being incompetent The screen shows the crash coming into view, pieces breaking off. Then one of them slams into Dooms lab, boom, Doom is covered in cosmic rays, chemicals and fire. He is thrown across the room. The camera zooms to a tight shot as he turns and you seen a hate filled eye, surrounded by burned flesh.

rkwsuperstar
    rkwsuperstar

Post by rkwsuperstar Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:24 am

I'm happy about it, mainly so that we are back on the site again. It's not going to be the same, it seems like it's going to be something like this is here, which is fine. But are the actual comment threads still going to be facebook based? That's my biggest issue, mainly because they don't work right and they've changed out we comment. Maybe it's silly, but I liked when we had a 35 or 40-comment thread that was just gifs in reaction to the previous gif, etc. I'm rarely on the site myself.
    James.k.Polk
    James.k.Polk

Post by James.k.Polk Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:17 am

Patch wrote:How is everyone?

I am swamped at work these days. I am ready to get all this off my plate and slow down a little. Now that schools back in I am itching to get some range time in. I haven't been shooting since Polk and I went.

Neither have I. But since I don't own any guns that's to be expected.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:29 am